Author Topic: jn/laker faithfull...Malone is expected to play  (Read 2893 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
jn/laker faithfull...Malone is expected to play
« on: March 12, 2004, 10:59:45 AM »
Morning radio out here said that Malone is expected to suit up with the other 3 members of the fantastic four ;) for tonights big (and gonna be tough) game against the Wolves.

I dont think I can stress how relieved I am. The pain I feel watching Slava/Cook pretend to guard KG is like being stabbed by a bum looking for beer money.  They will be fine when that offensive powerhouse known as Mad Dog comes in for KG.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2004, 11:34:34 AM »
Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, Gary Payton and Karl Malone. All on the same floor...very exciting!  It's going to be a sweet game, think I'll be switching off my Spurs/Golden State game to check it out.

Lakers by 27.  Garnett will be sidelined by the start of the 4th.
Paul

jn

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 11:48:01 AM »
It's been three years since Malone has been able to even slow KG on D and KG is steaming right now.  He's better than ever and he's obviously pissed about the recent losses.  

Of far greater concern is the rest of the team.  As Cassell noted the other day. "KG gets most of the boards, but he can't get all of them and we have to get the ones he can't."  

With Kandi, Ervin Johnson, and Miller the Wolves are in good position to play Hack a Shaq so the big fellas free throw shooting could once again come to the fore.

Also, Trenton Hassell on Kobe should be interesting.  Trenton is a step below the best defenders  in the league but hopefully he can force Kobe to freelance and disrupt the triangle.  

27 points 101??? Did you stuff that taco with Mushrooms Mexicana?  :rolleyes:

The Lakeshow usually stays at hotel a few blocks from my office so if you'll excuse me I have to go buy Kobe a burger.  ;)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 11:55:51 AM »
go LA take minnie down for us!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 11:56:17 AM »
I really don't know what to expect from Kobe and Karl.  I hope the supreme being stays out of foul trouble and doesn't smack anybody on the top of the head tonight.

This needs to be a statement game for the four samuri, hopefully the fantastic four will play well for Malone's return.

Death to the Wolves!  :ph34r:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2004, 12:02:52 PM »
JN, MY LAKERS are going to devastate your pitiful T-WOLVES!  GO LA! WHO HOO!  (figure I'll be a bandwagon Laker fan just for 1 night.)
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2004, 04:44:37 PM »
LOL @ 101.....The Purple and gold really bring out your eyes haha

JN, Of course Karl isnt going to stop KG but he plays a hell of alot better defense than Slava "cant move my feet" Mede-stanko and Brian Cook.  I hope we can do what most teams do with Shaq and wear down KG by commitee.  The best test to see how well Kobe and Karl are doing is to have them play a very good team.  I can't wait for tonights game.  Good basketball always makes my day.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2004, 04:45:19 PM by westkoast »

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2004, 12:20:09 AM »
JN, my apologies, nice win bro.  Guess LA is not the REAL deal.
Paul

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2004, 09:35:42 AM »
for shame spursfan101...death to all Laker bandwagon fans

jn

« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2004, 11:32:16 AM »
Too late 101.  Now you will never get the foul stench of Lakerfandom off you.  :D

A couple of observations:  Kobe took some of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen in the first half.  The attempted running one hander from 10 feet away with KG in his face missed the rim by three feet.  He started hitting some jumpers in the second half when he actually took good shots.

Karl Malone is a punk.   I'm sorry I've always defended the guy to a large degree because of his incredible work ethic but man... on one play he fouled KG three times included an elbow to the head then smirks at the ref afterward like it was a bad call.  He followed that up later with a totally unneeded forearm to Kandi's face.  

Poorly reffed game at the end of the 3rd.   Worst of all was Shaq grabbing KG's arm, then head, thirty feet from the basket.  NO CALL??? Sweet Jesus HE GRABBED HIS HEAD!!!!  Then the makeup comes on the other end as Mad Dog flopped and drew the charge on Shaq.  

Troy Hudson must have had some really bad experience playing for the Clippers because he sure seems to have it in for LA.  :o  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2004, 12:49:48 PM »
Too late 101.  Now you will never get the foul stench of Lakerfandom off you.  :D

A couple of observations:  Kobe took some of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen in the first half.  The attempted running one hander from 10 feet away with KG in his face missed the rim by three feet.  He started hitting some jumpers in the second half when he actually took good shots.

Karl Malone is a punk.   I'm sorry I've always defended the guy to a large degree because of his incredible work ethic but man... on one play he fouled KG three times included an elbow to the head then smirks at the ref afterward like it was a bad call.  He followed that up later with a totally unneeded forearm to Kandi's face. 

Poorly reffed game at the end of the 3rd.   Worst of all was Shaq grabbing KG's arm, then head, thirty feet from the basket.  NO CALL??? Sweet Jesus HE GRABBED HIS HEAD!!!!  Then the makeup comes on the other end as Mad Dog flopped and drew the charge on Shaq. 

Troy Hudson must have had some really bad experience playing for the Clippers because he sure seems to have it in for LA.  :o
101 is currently being held in Spurstanamo Bay.  We told his defense lawyer to get bent or he will be joining him.  Outcome pending.

Now now jn you're getting awfully close to Conspiracy Theory.  Any realistic comments on foul calls of the Pampered Purple n Gold must be twisted.   :lol:

What completely blows me away is not Malones continued cowardish cheapshot behavior but that the league and other teams put up with it.  Of course the Wolves punking the Flamers by 10 is the best answer of all.  Nonetheless it's very discouraging to see him continue this and the win at any cost followers who condone or even approve of his Wimpery.

Mad Dog fightin for the board on that late 4th possession.  WooHoo!  Yes i saw Fatquiles grabbing etc of KG 30 feet away.  So did everyone else who is truthful.
Troy Huds 3s were nice.  KG is the best player on the floor.

Wolves-Spurs twice next week.  Hope Dunker is healthy by then.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2004, 12:50:32 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2004, 02:57:01 AM »
Too late 101.  Now you will never get the foul stench of Lakerfandom off you.  :D

A couple of observations:  Kobe took some of the most ridiculous shots I've ever seen in the first half.  The attempted running one hander from 10 feet away with KG in his face missed the rim by three feet.  He started hitting some jumpers in the second half when he actually took good shots.

Karl Malone is a punk.   I'm sorry I've always defended the guy to a large degree because of his incredible work ethic but man... on one play he fouled KG three times included an elbow to the head then smirks at the ref afterward like it was a bad call.  He followed that up later with a totally unneeded forearm to Kandi's face. 

Poorly reffed game at the end of the 3rd.   Worst of all was Shaq grabbing KG's arm, then head, thirty feet from the basket.  NO CALL??? Sweet Jesus HE GRABBED HIS HEAD!!!!  Then the makeup comes on the other end as Mad Dog flopped and drew the charge on Shaq. 

Troy Hudson must have had some really bad experience playing for the Clippers because he sure seems to have it in for LA.  :o
I agree 100%.   Wolves played a good game from start to finish.  Hats off to you and your team.  Lakers got the L but I cant complain when its an entertaining basketball game.

The Lakers really didnt make the best decisions.  Aside from what you mentioned the Lakers thought that they could hang around till the 4th and make a move....forgetting that the Wolves can score just as well as they can.  The lack of team defense really irked me the whole night.  I know GP was very frustrated with the lack of help when screens were set on him.  This half a#$ defense is not going to cut it.  Tonight against the Bulls they had flashes of that blanket defense we've seen in previous years but cannot keep it going for longer than 2-3 minutes at a time.  Everyone is talking about them gelling offensively.....they need to gel on the defensive end.  The offense will be there as long as Shaq/Kobe/Payton are on the floor.

Malone played well last night you have to admit.  He did a decent job playing some defense on KG (KG was 2 for 8 when Karl was on him with 5 points) and did a good job against him on the other end (4 for 5 with 8 points).  The one thing that Karl brings that all Lakers fan are relieved to see is his pick and roll defense.  If there  was one play the Lakers have never been able to defend is the pick and roll.  Karl and Gary really work well together in that situation.

The Shaq/KG play was so disapointing to see.  You have two huge 7 foot players 25 feet away from the basket and you don't see one grab the other? No brainer jesus. Or hes a goos suggestion.... how about not just making a call without fully being sure of it.  If you don't know and the other 2 refs could not see throw it up.  They seemed like they were playing catch up for mistakes they made.  A number of times last night they would blow a call for one team and then make up for it on a very bad call on the other.  For example they made a bad call on Cassell a play or so before and then Troy Hudson is guarding GP, gets barely bumped, jerks his head back super fast, and then gets the charge called on Payton.   He certainly deserved that standing ovation when he left the court for those acting skills.  Maybe we can sign him when his contract is up so he can be on cheap hbo shows about prison......oh wait nevermind. :(
« Last Edit: March 14, 2004, 02:21:46 PM by westkoast »