Author Topic: Who Did Larry Miller Payoff?  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Who Did Larry Miller Payoff?
« on: March 09, 2004, 02:33:43 AM »
Aside from the absolutely horrible play from both sides, the officiating was without question the worst I've seen this year! This crew should be fined and suspended for the travesty that happened tonight, Giracek might as well have not bothered to dribble for all the travelling he did and was never called for it and the technical on Shaq was a complete joke! The 6th foul was as phantom as there could possibly be and Utah acted as if they knew there was no chance they were going to get hit with a foul in the low post, they draped themselves all over Shaq all night long and got away with it. They set moving screens, no call, they hip checked all night, no call, and they slapped Payton silly all night, no call. What a joke! I don't mind the Lakers losing a hard fought game, but 8 against 5 is ridiculous! This one made me angry just because if you watched this one, no way this game was called even remotely fair.

But then I guess, to some, that means it was called the way it should have been, and the conspiracy broke down. Pethetic, absolutely pathetic.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2004, 10:00:29 AM »
No, the conspiracy didn't break down....it was just a make-up call for the Denver game.  Now the Lakers know how the rest of the NBA feels when they play the Lakers:  8 on 5.

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2004, 10:14:41 AM »
Right, LA, the team that has los 22 games knows how the rest of the NBA feels. If conspiracies were the case, don't you think LA would be at 40-10 by now hmmmm? I don't believe in conspiracies anymore than an intelligent person like yourself does BBF, otherwise a would sink to the level of a bandwagon riding hater, there's only room for one on this board and we already have one. What I said in the Subject line was tongue in cheek, but a badly called game is a badly called game, and this one really, really stunk. Bioth side played badly as wel I mught add, with the exception of Kirilenko, he continues to impress me.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2004, 11:01:24 AM »
Lighten up , Dan.  Mine was tongue in cheek also (except for the make up call part - lol).  As you stated any rational fan realizes that here is no conspiracy.  And when your team loses a badly officiated game it tends to make one lose a little bit of that rationality.

And maybe it is because they are such a successful franchise in a large market but the perception is that the Lakers benefit from a lot more badly officiated games than other teams.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2004, 11:48:38 AM »
No, the conspiracy didn't break down....it was just a make-up call for the Denver game.  Now the Lakers know how the rest of the NBA feels when they play the Lakers:  8 on 5.

:ph34r:
I believe the no call of Bibby hitting Kobe across the eye was the make-up for the denver game.

Didnt get to watch last nights game because I was out playing some full court ball with guys from work so I cant really comment on what happend.  All I know is my friends later that night were not very happy about the 2nd technical on Shaq (they said the first was a good call) or the double T on Payton and someone from the Jazz for talking to each other without jawing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 11:50:20 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2004, 12:11:49 PM »
All I know is my friends later that night were not very happy about the 2nd technical on Shaq (they said the first was a good call)

I joined in at the perfect time.  4:00 left in the game.  The 2nd T on Shraq is a no brainer.  Your friend might have meant the 1st T being iffy.  I did not see it but Shaun Elliot, who totally likes the Lakers by the way, said the 1st one was iffy.  He also said the 2nd one was absolutely a good call, Shraq did it on purpose 100%.

W.O.W. for goodness sake it's ok for you to have 40 0zs on the porch but would you please not doze off and forget to occasionally pull Dans rope in.

"Don't be Hatin"

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2004, 12:17:45 PM »
The double technical on Payton and Bell was kinda funny. They were just standing there talking to each other, and suddenly that ref calls a double T. Seemed kinda pointless because the game was all but over.

The second T on Shaq was the more obvious call; he definitely swung for AK's head on that one. I honestly didn't see what happened on the first T. But I gathered it was a similar incident. Shaq went up for the dunk and on his finish put AK on the floor. I don't know if it was deliberate that time.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2004, 01:22:25 PM »
All I know is my friends later that night were not very happy about the 2nd technical on Shaq (they said the first was a good call)

I joined in at the perfect time.  4:00 left in the game.  The 2nd T on Shraq is a no brainer.  Your friend might have meant the 1st T being iffy.  I did not see it but Shaun Elliot, who totally likes the Lakers by the way, said the 1st one was iffy.  He also said the 2nd one was absolutely a good call, Shraq did it on purpose 100%.

W.O.W. for goodness sake it's ok for you to have 40 0zs on the porch but would you please not doze off and forget to occasionally pull Dans rope in.

"Don't be Hatin"

Not according to Ted's thread about the game.

"5. Shaq got jimmied by that ref. On both of the technical calls, Shaq was guilty of a personal foul, maybe a flagrant, but tossing him was a little strange. Not that I minded; I was screaming "Left, right, left, right" with glee as Shaq stomped off the floor (I'd like to think he glared in my direction). But yeah, tossing a superstar out of the game like that was weird; but hey, I'll take it. By the way, Shaq can swear really loudly."

Ill take his comments over your comments.  He was 3 rows back at the game......you were on the couch with the hater shades on.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 01:24:36 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2004, 01:26:13 PM »
And this is what Ted said  "The second T on Shaq was the more obvious call; he definitely swung for AK's head on that one."  Along with Shaun Elliot saying obvious foul.

I love it when people say basically the exact same thing i did.
Puts you Krishnas in a dilema.
Thanks for showing true colors.

"Don be Hatin"  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2004, 01:26:43 PM »
And this is what Ted said  "The second T on Shaq was the more obvious call; he definitely swung for AK's head on that one."  Along with Shaun Elliot saying obvious foul.

I love it when people say basically the exact same thing i did.
Puts you Krishnas in a dilema.
Thanks for showing true colors.

"Don be Hatin"
5. Shaq got jimmied by that ref. On both of the technical calls, Shaq was guilty of a personal foul, maybe a flagrant, but tossing him was a little strange. Not that I minded; I was screaming "Left, right, left, right" with glee as Shaq stomped off the floor (I'd like to think he glared in my direction). But yeah, tossing a superstar out of the game like that was weird; but hey, I'll take it. By the way, Shaq can swear really loudly.

I love how you ignore comments like this.
Puts you haters in a dilema.
Thanks for showing us those hater shades.

You tell me who I should believe.....A guy who constantly hates the Lakers who was watching the game at home or a guy who is very objective and was sitting 3 rows back?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2004, 01:29:50 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2004, 01:41:21 PM »
You should believe the tape.
Ted calling the 3:57 left in game "a more obvious call" shows he didn't see the replay.  Duh he was at the game and also either didnt tape or didnt watch it, 3 hours live was enough for one night. :D   It's a no brainer as to it being a foul and a foul done on purpose to boot and a shot to the head to boot.  As to bias, i had stated i did not see the 1st tech so can't comment but i added Shaun E thought it was iffy and so does Ted since you don't hate those two and they can penetrate your Laker fog.  Don't hear a word from me questioning that.

Didnt ignore Teds comments at all.  Don be Hatin.

So if it took the combination of the two fouls to get Shraq ejected and the 1st teck was bogile while the second one was 100% legit, then Shreq jot jammed.
Fact remains he took himself out of the game with that headshot on AK-47.  Having one tech at the time, bogus or not, means he was looking at auto eject upon #2.  

Anywho thats all i stated.  If you think the ejection foul was bogus, fire up your tivo.

"Don be Hatin"  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2004, 03:04:22 PM »
What a joke of a game.  Lakers turned the ball over way too much, they were shooting around 67% in the first half but the TO's kept the Jazz in the game.  2nd half the Lakers went cold and couldn't match the Jazz's intensity.

Shaq getting thrown out of the game was a joke as well.  The first T on Shaq was bulls%(#.  The second T on Shaq was totally justified BUT they VERY rarely call those fouls on players who go after Shaq's head, nor do they other players for doing the same thing.  IMO the second T was valid but it's hypocracy to only call it on Shaq.  I've stated may times that if I was in Shaq's shoes I would hurt someone really bad with an elbow and send a message.  Shaq is getting there but really needs to hurt someone bad to send the correct message.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2004, 07:15:17 PM »
Now, now, must I always be the voice of reason on this board?  :lol:

Laker group, you are starting to sound like a middle-of-the-road playoff team, who is believing the League has it in for you and have finally started to bemoan the fact. Which puts the rest of us in the same position of the Lakers during their title runs of accusing you all of thinking there is a conspiracy out there.  :D

So, no, we are not going to sympathize with you on this one, even though Shaq probably should not have been tossed.

We know there is a conspiracy out there is the NBA officiating. That is seems to shift loyalties frequently is confusing, but hardly dismisses its existance.

The Lakers are not the first team to play the Jazz and come away wondering why the Utah team seems to get away with murder while YOUR team gets shafted if they try any similar actions. It comes with playing any Sloan-coached team.

And since someone who shall remain nameless (Laker Fan - Dan, but you didn't here it from me) was wallowing in the pig slop of joy after the Jazz defeated the Kings last week, must I point out the obvious  :P  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2004, 07:22:18 PM »
All I know is it's pretty bad when injuries so deplete the Lakers roster that it's disappointing when Slava Medvendenko doesn't play (anyone know why he was out?).  Malone, Slava, Grant, Sampson out -- then Shaq gets tossed?  Who played center?  GP?  I don't know when I've seen the Lakers struggle so much with injuries -- here's hoping they are healthy come playoff time.   :unsure:  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2004, 08:03:27 PM »
Slava had an uper repitory infection, little biznatch had a cold...boo efing hooo...

The line-up at the end was Payton, Rush, Walton, Russel, Cook and for a while, George was out there instead of Russel.  Luckily George fouled out and gave the Lakers a chance to pull it out.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"