Author Topic: WHEW!!! Do you Smell that?!  (Read 11546 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
WHEW!!! Do you Smell that?!
« Reply #90 on: October 11, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
Yes and you saw the reverse of that with Sacramento, a highly mobile and creative team as a whole (except Peja really needed to be set up to be effective) and then in comes Webber, instant offensive shutdown, Biby couldn't create, the game went midrange with no ball movement and no imagination and no defense to offset the fact that opposing teams could with a fair amount of reliablity key on Webber and shut down the passing lanes, not that the Kings used passing lanes much in those sets where Webber was involved.

San Antonio's defense kept them competitive because they are more than capable of allowing a game to become a scoring contest, and yes I will toss Reality a bone, Manu's growing creativity and post game opened up the offense thereby IMO negating any attempt to play man on the Spurs. Same methodology the Lakers used although they had a much more high powered offense than the Spurs.
Dan

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 11, 2005, 02:19:06 PM »
Oh and my point there is PJ Carlisimo cannot be discounted when talking about the Spurs success, which by Ricks standards should make Popovich and under-rated worthless loser right?  :eek2:  
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2005, 08:59:01 AM »
"It's hard not to fall into the "dump into the post and just stand and watch" offense with guys like TD and Shaq."

The haters are slow this week.

Somebody should have been all over that one with a "Not if you're Kobe" line.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: October 12, 2005, 09:24:59 AM »
Oh and my point there is PJ Carlisimo cannot be discounted when talking about the Spurs success, which by Ricks standards should make Popovich and under-rated worthless loser right?

Oh, please.  Comaring PJ Carlesimo to Tex Winter is ridiculous.  Carlesimo is a failed coach - another poster-child for the "Keep College Coaches Out Of The NBA" movement.  The only thing the guy was ever really good at was RECRUITING.  Winter is a bona-fide genius in basketball terms.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 12, 2005, 09:41:31 AM »
I wasn't exactly comparing the 2 Joe, I was pointing out the absurdity of labeling one man a great coach and the other an over-rated worthless loser, when both rely on their assisants (even if it s is just recruiting, I submit it is not). I would never suggest for a minute that any assistant on any coaching staff compares to Winters, because simply put, no one does.
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: October 12, 2005, 09:58:46 AM »
The one point I would make is that PJ wasn't an assistant for the Spurs in 99 and has only been on the staff for 3 years.  And wasn't promoted to head assistant until 2003/04 season when Mike Brown (Cavs new coach) left.

As far as a NBA coach I wouldn't call him a failure Joe.  He has a career winning percentage of .452.  He did great with Portland when he first came into the league and then struggled at Golden State (but then who hasn't) until the infamous choking scandal.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2005, 10:52:32 AM »
'Poser.

I'll dig up some of your old posts saying what a worthless coach Phil Jackson was.

Get a spine!
By all means Unreality, you feel free to dig up what you want, my quote here speaks for itself. Just remember, "bandwagon 'poser", to add the complete context to whatever you dig up like where I may have said he was worthless (I don't recall I ever did) but be sure to include where I have also said he is the master of surrounding himself with good people, you know, sort of like what I have said in this thread.

BTW, do you have a life beyond this board and your lunatic bandwagon rantings? Or is living in your momma's basement saving every little scrap you can from the internet that might mention you the be all end all of your existance? Methinks the latter is probably more in line with "reality" in your little bandwagon world.

Oh, and I have a spine, it is the result of many things, but where sports are concerned, it is the result of being a follower of a certian team and sticking with them through thick and thin, success and failure, enduring the criticism, barbs, insults that bandwagonners love to toss around when their team of the moment is on top. It comes from noblely acknowledging the success of a team to their real fans and giving real fans their props. [/quote]
 No SoCal doesn't have too many basements and neither does mine.  You would know that if you weren't 'posin about living here. :rolleyes:

As for your past posts and "nobleness", the one about your attending a game at Staples center while really being 1,000 miles away.  Believe me, if in my life i had to resort to making up stories about attending a game, my wife and all relatives would be "very concerned."  No I'm not hidin at some keyboard. :rofl:

I am practially retired from Laker Winnin Juice sales.  Thru thick n thin. :rofl:

Whether you said Phil was lousy or not, guess that's gone into the recycle bin and then some.  His surrounding himself with good assistants is much more then a lot of coaches have done.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2005, 11:41:12 AM »
No SoCal doesn't have too many basements and neither does mine.  You would know that if you weren't 'posin about living here. :rolleyes:

As for your past posts and "nobleness", the one about your attending a game at Staples center while really being 1,000 miles away.  Believe me, if in my life i had to resort to making up stories about attending a game, my wife and all relatives would be "very concerned."  No I'm not hidin at some keyboard. :rofl:

I am practially retired from Laker Winnin Juice sales.  Thru thick n thin. :rofl:

Whether you said Phil was lousy or not, guess that's gone into the recycle bin and then some.  His surrounding himself with good assistants is much more then a lot of coaches have done.
 :huh:

Better check your house for gas leaks cause you sound light headed and buzzing.

Either that or you guys need to send me one of your cool post-decoder rings.  Make my ring Purple and Gold please!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2005, 12:05:03 PM »
No SoCal doesn't have too many basements and neither does mine.  You would know that if you weren't 'posin about living here. :rolleyes:

As for your past posts and "nobleness", the one about your attending a game at Staples center while really being 1,000 miles away.  Believe me, if in my life i had to resort to making up stories about attending a game, my wife and all relatives would be "very concerned."  No I'm not hidin at some keyboard. :rofl:

I am practially retired from Laker Winnin Juice sales.  Thru thick n thin. :rofl:

Whether you said Phil was lousy or not, guess that's gone into the recycle bin and then some.  His surrounding himself with good assistants is much more then a lot of coaches have done.

Either that or you guys need to send me one of your cool post-decoder rings.  Make my ring Purple and Gold please!
I did have chocolate pudding for breakfast instead of wheatgrass.  Is this a "breakfast of champions" that you would have?  Well, breakfast of "small posibility playoff qualifying."  Or do you have Golden Capn Cruch with Purple grapes?

Hey at the opposite end, you couldn't fake going to a Staples game if you tired.
Remember that photo you posted.  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2005, 01:03:13 PM »
No SoCal doesn't have too many basements and neither does mine.  You would know that if you weren't 'posin about living here. :rolleyes:

As for your past posts and "nobleness", the one about your attending a game at Staples center while really being 1,000 miles away.  Believe me, if in my life i had to resort to making up stories about attending a game, my wife and all relatives would be "very concerned."  No I'm not hidin at some keyboard. :rofl:

I am practially retired from Laker Winnin Juice sales.  Thru thick n thin. :rofl:

Whether you said Phil was lousy or not, guess that's gone into the recycle bin and then some.  His surrounding himself with good assistants is much more then a lot of coaches have done.

I did have chocolate pudding for breakfast instead of wheatgrass.  Is this a "breakfast of champions" that you would have?  Well, breakfast of "small posibility playoff qualifying."  Or do you have Golden Capn Cruch with Purple grapes?

Hey at the opposite end, you couldn't fake going to a Staples game if you tired.
Remember that photo you posted.
I am currently trying to decide which is more funny...

Jo Ann's Laker poems

or

Reality's breakfast meets basketball refrences
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

guest-koast

« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2005, 10:27:38 PM »
Um, I just pulled this thread back to the top because we were talking about how important Tex Winters is to Phil Jackson and his success.  A few people were saying that Phil Jackson is going to sputter and fail without Tex Winters.......

Tex Winters has been weighing in as a consultant since the first game....

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2005, 07:42:53 AM »
Um, I just pulled this thread back to the top because we were talking about how important Tex Winters is to Phil Jackson and his success.  A few people were saying that Phil Jackson is going to sputter and fail without Tex Winters.......

Tex Winters has been weighing in as a consultant since the first game....
Tex has been a "consultant" the last two years I believe.  Tex wasn't a coach for the HOF Dream Team run of 2003.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"