Author Topic: Determination of Keeper possibilities  (Read 8985 times)

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Determination of Keeper possibilities
« Reply #30 on: August 17, 2005, 04:05:50 PM »
Personally, I think the bigger the roster, the better.  Plus, I actually have fun with the draft.  The early rounds aren't as much fun as the late rounds.  The late rounds are where we hear the majority of screaming about who took what player that we wanted.  20 rounds of drafting, and I might well be ready to strangle anyone within driving distance...which, to me, is a good time!  Make it 20 people with 2 IL.  The bigger, the better.  I want the difference between Maurice Williams and Derek Fisher to be considered!

A side note:  I believe that it's not the NUMBER of games I picked up, but the QUALITY of the games I picked up that contributed to my "game" advantage.  And in such a case, there *IS* a difference between Mo Williams and Derek Fisher.  And Skander will attest to how well I did in those "pick-up" games, because he was "attesting" to it quite frequently throughout last season!

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Guest_Randy

« Reply #31 on: August 17, 2005, 05:45:03 PM »
Oh, please Joe -- I think your motto is "if you can't beat them -- put more players out on the court!"   :D

As for a bigger roster -- I think it would be fun -- not just in the draft but also create more trading opportunities during the course of the year.  I like that idea -- a lot!!!

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: August 17, 2005, 06:12:53 PM »
Randy,

I've never said anything to the contrary.  The players I put out there on the court are going to count for A LOT.  It's within the rules, and my pick-ups did better than pretty much anyone else's pick-ups on any given day.

I'm not about to say that picking up players didn't give me an advantage.  I think it gave me a HUGE advantage, because there's a HUGE talent pool out there, and I think I used that pool quite well - across all three seasons.

In fairness, I'd like to see the pool be a lot more shallow, and instead of making moves to fill games, I'll be using the games available on my roster.  Personally, I think I'll *STILL* make more moves than the average person, because I may go after (for example) Anthony Peeler when he plays against Seattle.  I think I'm still going to get those awesome pick-ups.

It's one thing to pick up 4 points, an assist, and a steal...it's another to pick up 12 points, 6 assists, 3 steals, and two free throws made.  It was because I had a lot of the latter that the game advantage worked so heavily in my favor.  

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2005, 07:51:53 PM »
Ditto WayOutWest, I guess we need to do a better job of understanding from here on out.  

I understood it to be THAT way, doesn't mean I understood it correctly.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2005, 08:20:30 AM »
Are we going to put this to a vote and move on?