Author Topic: Bulls sign Chandler  (Read 3228 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bulls sign Chandler
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2005, 10:48:55 PM »
At least I didn't count on Edgar Renteria for 20-30 SBs ("a virtual lock," someone said)
That is Ed :puke: gar  :puke: Ren :puke: ter :puke: ia :puke:  to you my friend.  Beyond the lack of SB, it was the 25+ errors, and 20 GIDP that made him teh worst pick in the draft.
Oh and yes, Mr Carpenter in the 7th was thing of beauty.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Bulls sign Chandler
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2005, 09:53:57 AM »
What do you see in Chandler that you don't in Dalembert?  IMO Chandlers's more of a risk because of the injuries.

In addition, Dalembert hung tough against the Pistons in the playoffs last season, demonstrating that he can play.  

The only thing about Sammy is that he hasn't learned how to stay out of foul trouble, and he doesn't seem to be that smart.  But he is coachable and has all the physical skills. Considering his background, you'd expect him to catch on slow.  I hope he's watching a lot of Kevin McHale's post up moves and practicing.

I expect to see great improvement in him this year, with Cheeks as head coach.  He'll figure out a way to get more out of him than Job.
I think Chandler's a better rebounder AND a better defender.  Much better rebounder.  And a much better team defender.

Watching Sammy box out.  More specifically, watch sammy fail to box out.  The goal of rebounding isn't how many you can get yourself, but how many you can prevent the other team from getting.  Sammy doesn't believe in boxing out.  He has his head on a swivel and chases the ball.

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Bulls sign Chandler
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005, 09:17:19 AM »
At least I didn't count on Edgar Renteria for 20-30 SBs ("a virtual lock," someone said) 

That is Ed  gar  Ren  ter  ia  to you my friend. Beyond the lack of SB, it was the 25+ errors, and 20 GIDP that made him teh worst pick in the draft.
Oh and yes, Mr Carpenter in the 7th was thing of beauty.

Hey, hey, hey......enough of this bashing my favorite Cardinal, when he was a Cardinal.  Say what you want, but Edgar Renteria is Mister Clutch.  Let's see how far this "stacked" team of ours does in the playoffs without him.  

"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."