Poll

Kobe is guilty. But is he:

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Kobe is guilty poll  (Read 2681 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Kobe is guilty poll
« on: March 03, 2004, 12:14:19 PM »
Kobe is guilty. But guilty of what?
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2004, 12:26:31 PM »
There was no "Guilty of being black" choice so I went with adultery.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2004, 12:55:55 PM »
There was no "Guilty of being black" choice so I went with adultery.

Nice to know that we can now add 'being black' as an automatic 'get-out-of-jail-free card regardless of due process. While racial profiling itself should be classified as a crime, I DO believe that some black people are still guilty of some of crimes for which they are charged.

That said, I have wondered if these charges would have gone this far if Kobe were white. I hear the next mandatory hearing that Kobe has to appear at will be in April right in the middle of the first round of the playoffs. Might be the Lakers end up being the big losers regardless of the outcome of the trial.

As for the poll asking whether or not Kobe is guilty - no comment.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2004, 01:03:48 PM »
Considering that same police department was sued succesfully for racial profiling, I would say it's more of an issue of being guilty because of being black vs. being innocent because he was black.

Did you read the article I posted.  The cops and DA are not only breaking the rules but they are ignoring ORDERS from the judge to turn over evidence that was asked for months ago.

I won't go as far as saying he's innocent but IMO Kobe is definately NOT GUILTY.  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2004, 01:11:53 PM »
Can't agree, WOW.  I think he's guilty, although not entirely to blame.

The moment a woman withdraws consent, it's over.  And that's what I think happened.

Personally, I think we need to make stupidity a crime, and lock up both of them.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2004, 01:18:58 PM »
Can't agree, WOW.  I think he's guilty, although not entirely to blame.

The moment a woman withdraws consent, it's over.  And that's what I think happened.

Personally, I think we need to make stupidity a crime, and lock up both of them.
I don't think I made my post clear.  

The state will not be able to prove their case because of the idiots in charge of the investigation and trial.  Kobe is not guilty.  That doesn't mean he didn't do it, like I posted, I don't know what to think in that regard.  I think he's just dealing with a cazy bitch.  Sorry to sound like a knuckle dragging pig but that's my opinion.  Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade...oopps, now I'm a racist.

EDIT: Glad to see you posting here Joe.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 01:19:48 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2004, 03:10:45 PM »
Can't agree, WOW.  I think he's guilty, although not entirely to blame.

The moment a woman withdraws consent, it's over.  And that's what I think happened.

I don't think I made my post clear.  

The state will not be able to prove their case because of the idiots in charge of the investigation and trial.  Kobe is not guilty.  That doesn't mean he didn't do it, like I posted, I don't know what to think in that regard.  I think he's just dealing with a cazy bitch.  Sorry to sound like a knuckle dragging pig but that's my opinion.  Sometimes you have to call a spade a spade...oopps, now I'm a racist.

EDIT: Glad to see you posting here Joe.
Yup I do not believe any of us will truly know if it did or did not happen.  With the way the case is being handled I cant see how the jury is going to be able to put him in jail for 4 years to life with shakey evidence, not being cooperative with evidence they have, and the way they did not follow proc's that was setup for just these kinds of reasons.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2004, 03:11:57 PM »
Considering that same police department was sued succesfully for racial profiling, I would say it's more of an issue of being guilty because of being black vs. being innocent because he was black.

This probably is not a good example of racial profiling. He is Kobe Bryant. It wasn't like she accused a man who "looked like" Kobe Bryant of rape and Kobe just happened to be in that motel room later.

Did you read the article I posted. The cops and DA are not only breaking the rules but they are ignoring ORDERS from the judge to turn over evidence that was asked for months ago.

Yes, I read it. So the million dollar defensive team is putting the DA's office and the police department on trial. What else would you expect them to do in lue of a valid defense? Like he didn't really have intercourse with the women. Oops, he admitted he did. Or that she told him to stop. Oops, that was just to add to the excitement. No, it is much safer to claim racial profiling  ;)  or to accuse the DA's office and the police department of bias and mishandling the case.

After all, the aim of the defensive team is to get Kobe off, not find out the truth whether he actually raped her or not.

But I still have no comment whether I thing he is guilty or not. I have no evidence myself if she consented or not, so how would I know.  

I won't go as far as saying he's innocent but IMO Kobe is definately NOT GUILTY.

Okay then, you must know more about the truth regarding the actions of the DA's office, the police department, the mind set of the victim and Kobe't true intentions then I do, because I have no idea where the truth lies yet.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2004, 03:15:58 PM »
One other comment on the racial profiling indictment against the police department. Chances are that if they lost the previous case on racial profiling, they might be more reluctant to be put in a similar situation, especially on such a high profile case. It would seem foolish.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Kobe is guilty poll
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2004, 05:05:03 PM »
One other comment on the racial profiling indictment against the police department. Chances are that if they lost the previous case on racial profiling, they might be more reluctant to be put in a similar situation, especially on such a high profile case. It would seem foolish.
JoMal,

I don't think you read the article at all based on your comments.

The EVIDENCE is what is in question.

The woman contradicted herself when asked if she actually said "no".

The judge ORDERED the DA to turn over evidence to the defense and the DA refused.

Read the article again, it points to not guilty NOT to Kobe didnt' do it.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2004, 05:05:22 PM by WayOutWest »
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"