Author Topic: Poll Tough Pistons D  (Read 982 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Poll Tough Pistons D
« on: June 22, 2005, 04:38:18 PM »
Tough Piston defense/mugging tactics, your choice.  I'm mostly pleased with Dets O, their holding at times is bogus and many of the *blocks* are fouls but...

or
Pops continued offensive strategy ineptitude

Gm 1 and 2 spurs 100 and 97

Since then, the Pistons have:
A) beaten the Spurs in a Finals all time record 8 quarters in a row.
Bee) Limited the Spurs to game points:
Gm 3 79
GM 4 71
Gm 5 89 in reg.
Gm 6 86

To me its 50%-50%.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 10:31:25 PM by Reality »

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Poll Tough Pistons D
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2005, 05:29:29 PM »
it has been a mixture of several thinigs reality.  Pop has not control of whether or not Tim makes a free throw, Or if Horry misses the three by a mile, or if Manu throws the ball away, etc.  
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Poll Tough Pistons D
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2005, 05:48:58 PM »
Tim not making free throws.

Manu not being himself during the forth.

Pistons clogging up the lane and making it one and out for the Spurs.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

rickortreat

Poll Tough Pistons D
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2005, 06:54:58 PM »
Spurs O.  They can match the physical play and if this is the way the refs are calling it, they should outphysical these guys.

I would love to see a bench clearing brawl and the crowd errupt and run onto the floor.  Then maybe Stern would realize its gone too far, and push the game back in the other direction.

Indiana missed a golden opportunity to be in the playoffs thanks to that little tet-a-tet in Detroit.  There was a team that could match the Pistons physicality, until Stern suspended Artest for the whole season.  

He should have realized right then that the tolerance for sloppy physical play had gone too far, but he obvously has no appreciation for what constitutes good ball.  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Poll Tough Pistons D
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2005, 10:50:24 AM »
1. The Piston's defense has been dictating this series. When it works, the Spurs have been subdued. When it does not, the Spurs have won.

2. Taking away the Duncan option on offense, or fouling him so he has to score from the line, without adjusting the offense so others can make the plays. Not saying Duncan should be just a decoy, but Ginobili, for one, does not look the same since his thigh injury. Maybe that should be made the second factor.

3. The League. Apparently, Stern is concerned about the loss of viewers to the All-wrestling channel.

4. I find it interesting that so many think the Spurs should just start to beat up on the Pistons themselves to show Detroit what it is like. My response - two words: Bruce Bowen. If a Detroit player gives that a**hole a concussion, it would be the highlight of the NBA finals this year. His nails should be checked prior to every game and he should be suspended if they exceed a certain length.

Or you can just shut up about how "physical" the Pistons have been playing. Because the Spurs deserve to be b*tchslapped for Bowen and I really do not believe there are too many NBA players out there who care too much about giving the Spurs a bit of that type of thing back to them.

All of that, of course, is in lieu of the League actually caring about damaged eyes and bruised arms for their million dollar players. As long as THEY think it is cute, we can expect more of the same.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2005, 10:51:47 AM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."