Author Topic: Congrads Kings Fans  (Read 9266 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2004, 07:13:17 PM »
I would rather see CWebb shooting that Peja any day.

How much more, Randy? Webber shooting, rebounding, and passing has put him on the All Star team several times since he joined the Kings. While it is true the Kings win when Webber has sat out with injuries or suspencions, it is also true the Kings win when he has played. It will hardly matter whether it is Webber you want to shoot the ball or Peja - we are more then happy to have them both shooting. Or Bibby . . .  or Brad Miller . . .  or even Darius Songaila. And wasn't it Christie who was killing the Lakers by cutting to the basket in the last game as well as Bibby and Peja's outside shooting?

Pick your poison, Randy. Bibby and Peja from outside; C-Webb or Miller from midrange; Christie cutting to the basket or Webber's dunks. All that Webber's return implies is that there might be addtional scoring, not less, coming your way soon.  

As for CWebb, you miss how many of his are dunks compared to how many dunks Peja gets -- anyone who thinks that CWebb is as good a shooter as Peja is nuts.

But all anyone ever want to talk about is Webber's jump shot. Apparently his play around the backet is non-existent. And as you probably were aware before you typed that, Shaq benefits by shooting near the basket somewhat as well. Last time I looked, those dunks count the same as Chris' jumpshots.  

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2004, 07:39:43 PM »
Moreso than the back-to-back game and the poor defense I think the loss can be attributed to Shaq having to split time between playing b-ball and his role in the upcomming moving being filmed at Staples durring the game.  If Uma Thurman could have got her lines right the first 3 times Shaq would have been able to log more minutes in the game instead of playing his part in the sequel to Kill Bill.

Does that bother anyone that they were filming a movie durring an important game like that?
whoa.  You're telling me that Shraqs role and parts of his parts in the movie were also filmed during gametime?  If so gametime meaning when exactly?  

Offline Randy

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2004, 09:14:31 PM »
I would rather see CWebb shooting that Peja any day.

How much more, Randy? Webber shooting, rebounding, and passing has put him on the All Star team several times since he joined the Kings. While it is true the Kings win when Webber has sat out with injuries or suspencions, it is also true the Kings win when he has played. It will hardly matter whether it is Webber you want to shoot the ball or Peja - we are more then happy to have them both shooting. Or Bibby . . .  or Brad Miller . . .  or even Darius Songaila. And wasn't it Christie who was killing the Lakers by cutting to the basket in the last game as well as Bibby and Peja's outside shooting?

Pick your poison, Randy. Bibby and Peja from outside; C-Webb or Miller from midrange; Christie cutting to the basket or Webber's dunks. All that Webber's return implies is that there might be addtional scoring, not less, coming your way soon.  

As for CWebb, you miss how many of his are dunks compared to how many dunks Peja gets -- anyone who thinks that CWebb is as good a shooter as Peja is nuts.

But all anyone ever want to talk about is Webber's jump shot. Apparently his play around the backet is non-existent. And as you probably were aware before you typed that, Shaq benefits by shooting near the basket somewhat as well. Last time I looked, those dunks count the same as Chris' jumpshots.
Umm, whoever disputed that Shaq's high FG% wasn't due to dunks?  I'm not aware of anyone who thinks that Shaq should be taking a shot outside of 8' from the basket -- I think I'd like just about ANYONE to take that shot other than Shaq.  And I'm not sure what that has to do with the price of beans in China since it wasn't even part of the discussion.  You stated that you would rather have CWebb take the open shot than Peja -- and I stated everyone else in the league would rather see that happen too.  Peja is money from outside -- CWebb isn't.  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2004, 10:32:16 PM »
LOL!  Not one single team or player in the league fears Chris Webber with the ball in his hands at the end of a critical game.  Ok, ok I'm exaggerating because history has proven Chris Webber fears Chris Webber having the ball in his hands at the end of a critical game.  :lol:

Webber has averaged close to 5 dimes or better three of the five years in Sactown, for the money, Mr. Selfish Walker is a better passer.  He's getting to showcase his passing abilities in Dallas as a point forward.  On average he gets more dimes than Webber.

I think you're re-writting history if you think it's been Kobe or Shaq that are remembered for the "big shot" or the "dagger" in the hearts of oppenents.  While Kobe and Shaq do get the "blings" for overall performances, the Sixers, Blazers, Nets and most noteably the Kings have nightmares starring King Fish and Robert the grim reaper Horry!

IMO the greatest shots I've whitnessed in Laker history are Magic in the 87 finals, Horry in the 02 WCF, Kobe-to-Shaq 00 Finals, Cooper 87 WCSF, Magic 88 vs Boston in Boston and Horry 02 Round 1.

Kobeholic/Shaqaholic?  You wish!  Not too mention it's 3 titles and counting vs. counting excuses in the state capitol.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2004, 02:06:27 AM »
Well hes not re writing history........Game 7 of the western confrence finals against the Portland Trailblazers the nail in the coffin was an alley oop from Kobe to Shaq.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2004, 02:11:21 AM »
Well hes not re writing history........Game 7 of the western confrence finals against the Portland Trailblazers the nail in the coffin was an alley oop from Kobe to Shaq.
I noted that shot as the third greatest I've ever seen.  But teams don't typically give Shaq or Kobe that honor, they're usually getting doubled leaving a role player to step up.  Of course their are exceptions like that rebound and put back by Kobe vs. the Spurs in 02 or 03.  Don't remember wich year, all the BLINGS just blend in at this point.  It was the one where he sky'd to get the board over The Admiral and put back the shot in a couple of 7 footers faces.

Dang, need to add that one to the list!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2004, 12:23:08 PM »
LOL! Not one single team or player in the league fears Chris Webber with the ball in his hands at the end of a critical game. Ok, ok I'm exaggerating because history has proven Chris Webber fears Chris Webber having the ball in his hands at the end of a critical game.

Nice way to rewrite history as well, WOW. I guess if you say it often enough, you might convince people Webber fears taking that shot. The funny thing is, Webber makes more late game winning shots then Kobe, percentage wise. But every time he does it, his critics immediately dismiss it as, well, next time Chris will freeze up. Then he does it again. And I keep telling you and everyone else, you CANNOT compare how the Kings move the ball late in games to everyone else’s team, who all put the ball in the hands of THE ONE GUY in those situations, including the Lakers.  

Webber has averaged close to 5 dimes or better three of the five years in Sactown, for the money, Mr. Selfish Walker is a better passer. He's getting to showcase his passing abilities in Dallas as a point forward. On average he gets more dimes than Webber.

Okay, WOW, now you’re just being silly.  :blink:

Walker in the same class as Webber? You wish! But just to remind you, Bibby averaged over 8 dimes a year with the Grizzlies and now averages barely over 5 since joining the Kings, but is considered a much better playermaker since joining Sacramento. Let me lecture you, ONCE AGAIN about the Kings offensive philosophy, which must drive you nuts because you are a little slow in understanding it. The Kings pass the ball. A lot. Everyone touches it on offense- the starting center (6.1 APG) , the small forward (2.2 APG), the power forward (4.6 APG), the shooting guard (3.8 APG), and oh yeah, that point guard (5.6), while the balance of the team gets the other 4.4 APG. Looks to me like the team that averages the most assists per game this season shares the passing chores a bit, doesn’t it? Before comparing players based on raw data, perhaps you might want to think through the WHY behind the stats first. Yeah, that extra 1 million plus that Webber earns annually over that passing fiend Walker alone proves Antoine is the better passer, and at such a savings!  :lol:  :lol:

I think you're re-writting history if you think it's been Kobe or Shaq that are remembered for the "big shot" or the "dagger" in the hearts of oppenents. While Kobe and Shaq do get the "blings" for overall performances, the Sixers, Blazers, Nets and most noteably the Kings have nightmares starring King Fish and Robert the grim reaper Horry!

IMO the greatest shots I've whitnessed in Laker history are Magic in the 87 finals, Horry in the 02 WCF, Kobe-to-Shaq 00 Finals, Cooper 87 WCSF, Magic 88 vs Boston in Boston and Horry 02 Round 1.

Kobeholic/Shaqaholic? You wish! Not too mention it's 3 titles and counting vs. counting excuses in the state capitol.

Oh, WOW, you just plowed right into this one.  :lol: Nightmares about Horry’s last second shot?  :rolleyes: Please! It was a total fluke that Horry even SAW the ball at that stage of the game against Sacramento. Are you trying to say that Jackson huddled up the panicked Lakers with eleven seconds left in the game and down by two, and drew up a play where Horry would be open at the top of the three point line for an uncontested shot? Guess who actually TOOK that last try shot as Phil designed it? Give up? Oh, come on, you can come up with it. Okay, I will tell you. Kobeholic. Surprised? I bet you are. And the Kings defended it just fine because they knew it was coming. Divac kept Kobe’s shot from having a ghost of a chance of going in. The irony was that his great defensive play turned into disaster for the Kings when Vlade then batted the ball directly to Horry, who then made history. Actual history, not the WOW version.

To paraphrase you, not one single team or player in the league fears Kobe Bryant with the ball in his hands at the end of a critical game. He makes one out of ten and preens around the court like he bad, he bad, when we all know that he really IS bad in those situations, as he has proven a hell of a lot more often then he has succeeded. That he has succeeded at all is because even a blind man can find that dime on the ground if you let him crawl around looking for it long enough.   :lol:  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2004, 01:32:37 PM »
You stated that you would rather have CWebb take the open shot than Peja -- and I stated everyone else in the league would rather see that happen too. Peja is money from outside -- CWebb isn't.

Randy, I seem to have missed where I stated I would rather have C-Webb take the open shot then Peja. Please point that out to me. Since Webber’s outside shot is from about 12 to 15 feet, he does not compete for the same kind of outside shots taken by Peja. While Chris certainly does not have the rep Peja does for shooting from deep spots on the court, he also doesn’t try them very often either, preferring that mid-range jumper instead.

Personally, I would prefer to see Peja with the ball outside the three point line then Webber from his mid-range location. But not for the reason you think. Peja’s shot gives us an extra point. They both are money shots to me and have the same likelihood of going in. Or did "everyone else in the League" suddenly become a huge fan of seeing twenty-plus points being scored against them by another King's player?

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2004, 01:46:50 PM »
Nice way to rewrite history as well, WOW. I guess if you say it often enough, you might convince people Webber fears taking that shot. The funny thing is, Webber makes more late game winning shots then Kobe, percentage wise. But every time he does it, his critics immediately dismiss it as, well, next time Chris will freeze up. Then he does it again. And I keep telling you and everyone else, you CANNOT compare how the Kings move the ball late in games to everyone else’s team, who all put the ball in the hands of THE ONE GUY in those situations, including the Lakers.

Are we still talking about Mr. Timeout?  Mr. I'd Rather Have Bibby Shoot?  Okay JoMal.  Maybe SheWebb hits game winning shots durring the regular season but not in the playoffs.  I've seen 3 years of his heroics in the NBA playoffs and two in NCAA.  He's got no heart and lacks the nerve to be the money player in the clutch.

Okay, WOW, now you’re just being silly.  :blink:

Walker in the same class as Webber? You wish! But just to remind you, Bibby averaged over 8 dimes a year with the Grizzlies and now averages barely over 5 since joining the Kings, but is considered a much better playermaker since joining Sacramento. Let me lecture you, ONCE AGAIN about the Kings offensive philosophy, which must drive you nuts because you are a little slow in understanding it. The Kings pass the ball. A lot. Everyone touches it on offense- the starting center (6.1 APG) , the small forward (2.2 APG), the power forward (4.6 APG), the shooting guard (3.8 APG), and oh yeah, that point guard (5.6), while the balance of the team gets the other 4.4 APG. Looks to me like the team that averages the most assists per game this season shares the passing chores a bit, doesn’t it? Before comparing players based on raw data, perhaps you might want to think through the WHY behind the stats first. Yeah, that extra 1 million plus that Webber earns annually over that passing fiend Walker alone proves Antoine is the better passer, and at such a savings!  :lol:  :lol:

I guess you buy into the ESPN highlight version of the NBA.  A behind the back pass does not make for the end all passer.  Webber is the best or second best passing big man but IMO Walker is right up there.  He's not as flashy, doesn't do anything like look-aways or behind the back but he's solid and puts the ball in the right place for people to score as his averages bear out.  FYI JoMal, I understand that your vision is skewed since you seem to think that SheWebb averaged close to 5 dimes in his 5 years in Sactown.  Your wonderfull ringless offense compared to the chuck up three's run in Beantown should generate more dimes for the players, especially post players, yet Walker has been right there with Chris in terms of dimes.

Oh, WOW, you just plowed right into this one.  :lol: Nightmares about Horry’s last second shot?  :rolleyes: Please! It was a total fluke that Horry even SAW the ball at that stage of the game against Sacramento. Are you trying to say that Jackson huddled up the panicked Lakers with eleven seconds left in the game and down by two, and drew up a play where Horry would be open at the top of the three point line for an uncontested shot? Guess who actually TOOK that last try shot as Phil designed it? Give up? Oh, come on, you can come up with it. Okay, I will tell you. Kobeholic. Surprised? I bet you are. And the Kings defended it just fine because they knew it was coming. Divac kept Kobe’s shot from having a ghost of a chance of going in. The irony was that his great defensive play turned into disaster for the Kings when Vlade then batted the ball directly to Horry, who then made history. Actual history, not the WOW version.

Fluke or not, Kings and their fans still wake up crying in the middle of the night about that shot.  Typical JoMal reponse, ignore all point and dwell on one shot.  What about ALL the other shots by Horry, Fish, Fox and Shaw?  What about those JoMal?  What about all those daggers from the Kobeholic/Shaqaholic offense?  You plowed everywhere but to the point.

To paraphrase you, not one single team or player in the league fears Kobe Bryant with the ball in his hands at the end of a critical game. He makes one out of ten and preens around the court like he bad, he bad, when we all know that he really IS bad in those situations, as he has proven a hell of a lot more often then he has succeeded. That he has succeeded at all is because even a blind man can find that dime on the ground if you let him crawl around looking for it long enough.   :lol:

LOL!  When GM's were asked about who's hands they'd put the ball in at the end of the game guess who was a runaway winner (hint: it wasnt' Webber).  LOL!  :lol:  This isn't even fair.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrads Kings Fans
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2004, 02:30:08 PM »
Wow, you have your preference and I have mine, but if GM's actually think Kobe is going to win a close game it would only be for his free throw shooting.

For the record, I have no problem with C-Webb, Bibby, or Peja taking a last second shot for the Kings. I would prefer that Christie and Divac avoid them, however. And please continue to think Webber does not have the nerve to take that shot  :lol:  :lol:  

The sad thing is, he may not be capable of taking it now. We don't really know how well he is going to play with his knee yet, but the prognosis is he is going to be less mobile then before. Penny Hardaway had similar surgery, and he never was the same player.

He's got no heart and lacks the nerve to be the money player in the clutch.

While Kobe certainly has the heart and nerve to take those clutch shots, someone should tell him he isn't very good at it. I seem to remember him hogging the ball late in several Laker losses to the Kings. I also seem to remember Laker fans vilifying him for it.  You want to know MY hope? That Kobe always takes that last shot for the Lakers. It means they are desparate and have no hope whatsoever of getting the ball to anyone else with even the shred of hope they might hit the shot.

Unless, of course, the ball takes a lucky trijectory and lands in the hands of an open shooter, like it did Horry.

I guess you buy into the ESPN highlight version of the NBA. A behind the back pass does not make for the end all passer. Webber is the best or second best passing big man but IMO Walker is right up there. He's not as flashy, doesn't do anything like look-aways or behind the back but he's solid and puts the ball in the right place for people to score as his averages bear out. FYI JoMal, I understand that your vision is skewed since you seem to think that SheWebb averaged close to 5 dimes in his 5 years in Sactown. Your wonderfull ringless offense compared to the chuck up three's run in Beantown should generate more dimes for the players, especially post players, yet Walker has been right there with Chris in terms of dimes.

Talk about completely missing the point. Please reread my previous comments about the Kings offense and passing skills. While you dwell on the insignificant 'highlight' aspects of Chris' passing, you completely miss how his skills are utilized by the Kings. They can not be compared directly to how Walker is used by the Mavericks. Plus, Walker is not as reliable as Webber is as a scoring threat from the true power forward position, and his hands are not as good.

And that wonderful 'ringless' offense DOES generate more dimes then anyone else, as stated. Gee, now that is a wonderfully dull comment from you. How's that fit your arguement again?

Fluke or not, Kings and their fans still wake up crying in the middle of the night about that shot. Typical JoMal reponse, ignore all point and dwell on one shot. What about ALL the other shots by Horry, Fish, Fox and Shaw? What about those JoMal? What about all those daggers from the Kobeholic/Shaqaholic offense? You plowed everywhere but to the point.

I believe they are in the same place as your ignoring the daggers from the Kings that have done the same to the Lakers, including those from Webber.