Author Topic: Does ESPN see the same game we see???  (Read 1681 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Does ESPN see the same game we see???
« on: May 13, 2005, 12:39:59 AM »
Yes Seattle got the win, ok one point win and the last shot was more Tim's bad night then some sonic "d" as ESPN seemed to see.  Horrible night at the free throw line tonight, horrible night.  But I will give Seattle the win.  did it send a message? umm no.  not once was i worried during the game, I think the first pang of worry hit me was on tim's last shot hitting the rim and heading downward.  that was about it.  I dont see SA having another game that bad in seattle, i feel they can make thier adjustments and win the next game.  still dont feel worried about this series.  I hope James doesnt respect us, that should be words enough for Tim to comeback like a monster in game 4.  We'll get them in game 4.

As for the Manu pop to the face from Daniels, i was lMAO that tolbert kept saying "I dont see anything, I still dont see anything" and the other guy saying it was a classic flop - they showed the replay TWICE and you can see daniels elbow popping manu in the jaw, not bad though, bruce got away with the ball out of bounds so it evened out.  I just dont like watching basketball on ESPN, they ALL suck at commentating.  Maybe I am more for the straight talk from EJ, Chuck, and Kenny - oh and magic too.  Hope Seattle gets comfy with the win, I still see San Antonio closing this out soon.  

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2005, 12:42:00 AM »
ps, that fake by Nazr to hand the ball off and then turn, run down the lane and dunk was absolutely SWEEET!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2005, 01:18:08 AM »
As for the Manu pop to the face from Daniels, i was lMAO that tolbert kept saying "I dont see anything, I still dont see anything" and the other guy saying it was a classic flop - they showed the replay TWICE and you can see daniels elbow popping manu in the jaw, not bad though, bruce got away with the ball out of bounds so it evened out.
concur.  That was Brent Musburger with the "classic flop".  Mo rons.

FTs definite ass biter.  Seattle got it.  Concur Spurs can adjust and get Game 4 and it's all good.  

On the out of bounds ball Baldy the Sonic hit Bowen over the head as the ball rolled off Bowen so I figured the ref was just doing a no-call and awarding SAS the ball out of bounds.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 11:04:26 AM by Reality »

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2005, 01:31:19 AM »
I'll tell you what X3, ESPN didn't see the same game I saw, if they're going to talk about defense, how about Bruce Bowen shutting Allen down in the 4th? That being said, if Seattle had exploited the Spurs inability to defend the pick and roll, they win this one by double digits, and oh yes, Ginobili seriously did flop. He also had a horrific night at the line, as did pretty much the entire Spurs team, THAT was the reason they lost, not because Seattle played to San Anonio's defensive weaknesses tonight, unless you count their very deliberate attempt to make Duncan and Manu earn it at the stripe. Very physical game, I loved it, just the way playoff basketball should be for the most part. Seattle is no way the better team here, but they sure took San Antonio out of the boring Popovich offense tonight. Spurs had flashes of brilliance running a trap but only that, just flashes. They should close it out in 5 though.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 01:32:20 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2005, 10:50:37 AM »
That Spurs defense is awesome!

The game clearly was lost at the stripe, not by anything the Sonics could do before the whistle gets blown. James hitting all his shots from the field, the Sonics hitting some very tough shots over that Spurs defense, the Spurs missing 15 out of 34 foul shots - No way the Sonics can come close to getting all of that to fall into place three more times.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2005, 11:47:00 AM »
No doubt the Spurs lost it on the line, that was terrible performance, they shoot even 70% from the line and they win the game.

Their defense had but 1 weakness that I could see, and it was as I posted earlier, they were completely out of sync defending that pick coming right up the middle, I'm befuddled as to why Seattle didn't capitalize on it. I saw some really nice traps run by the Spurs, but they are still one of the most boring offenses in basketball.

Bowen was all over Allen in the 4th, that was a masterpiece of just flat clamping down on your man, it was the best matchup of the night IMO if your a Spurs fan, holding Allen to 6-23 and blanking him in the 4th was impressive, and you can see the bad blood and frustration on Allen's part increasing.

As to the Miami-Washington game, hmmm, they didn't need Shaq to beat a 5th seed team? I think the right call was made for MVP, I think Miami could win this series without Shaq, reverse that and Dallas sweeps Phoenix.
Dan

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 11:53:32 AM »
I'll tell you what X3, ESPN didn't see the same game I saw, if they're going to talk about defense, how about Bruce Bowen shutting Allen down in the 4th? That being said, if Seattle had exploited the Spurs inability to defend the pick and roll, they win this one by double digits, and oh yes, Ginobili seriously did flop. He also had a horrific night at the line, as did pretty much the entire Spurs team, THAT was the reason they lost, not because Seattle played to San Anonio's defensive weaknesses tonight, unless you count their very deliberate attempt to make Duncan and Manu earn it at the stripe. Very physical game, I loved it, just the way playoff basketball should be for the most part. Seattle is no way the better team here, but they sure took San Antonio out of the boring Popovich offense tonight. Spurs had flashes of brilliance running a trap but only that, just flashes. They should close it out in 5 though.
Saving bruce on Ray for the fourth was key - i figured that much when he only had like 1 foul for the game in the third quarter.  here comes the fourth, and low and behold, ray is covered like white on rice!  that last series where ray tried to jump ito bruce to create the foul was AWESOME!  bruce moves back just in time and still was able to recover on d on ray, incredible - they seriously dont give this guy credit when it comes to defensive player of the year votes - but hey atleast he got voted all-d first team by the league.

as for the flop - :nonono: - i saw daniels elbow pop him when antonio broke away.  still it's all good... :cheers:

I wont take anything away from the sonics they did have the third best record in the west so they are a good team- i just feel that the spurs are just better as they roll through each playof games - some slides of course - but as long as they make thier way to the finals to face miami it's all good.  

Thats the series I want to see, SA vs Miami - I have said for a good portion of the season that Miami IS the team to beat this year.  Shaq is giving these kids the confidence to play like champions and I really think they have what it takes to win it all.  That is of course everything except for experience - which will REALLY test san antonio against a young determined team.  that series will rock if we can make it that far!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2005, 12:18:58 PM by SPURSX3 »

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2005, 01:06:58 PM »
Good thing Bowen gets into Allen's head, because otherwise -

"Boom goes the dynamite"!

"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2005, 02:29:56 PM »
that was a masterpiece of just flat clamping down on your man, it was the best matchup of the night IMO if your a Spurs fan, holding Allen to 6-23 and blanking him in the 4th was impressive, and you can see the bad blood and frustration on Allen's part increasing.

Actually what I saw was Allen thinking of some excuses as to why he played that way.  Was it because he is getting bumped at the half court line? Nope that one was used last game.  Was it because Bowen tried to hurt him? Nope.  Obviously he doesnt need to.  Was it because the league has it in for Ray Allen?  Or maybe it was because David Stern's second cousin dated Ray Allen's nephew and they broke up...so he is going to keep Allen from winning anything.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2005, 02:44:58 PM »
Good thing Bowen gets into Allen's head, because otherwise -

"Boom goes the dynamite"!
they started jawing pretty good last night didnt they lol.  I like how bruce always has that look like "who me??  what did i do?"  Pop may have Bruce go all out on ray this coming game to help nullify him and take his chances on bruce getting in foul trouble, it might help everyone else focus on the picks to the sonic bigs in the next game, hell he might run more zone d during the first three quarters and then man up on the fourth, and of course he will ask all the smalls to drive or pass into tim to put seattle in more foul trouble again.