Author Topic: Too Much Ray Allen  (Read 1612 times)

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Too Much Ray Allen
« on: May 02, 2005, 09:16:13 AM »
Man oh man, that was brutal last night!!! Kings blow a huge lead and their total lack of defense allowed the Sonics, Ray Allen in particular, to run over them like a steamroller. Peja has to be one of the most useless people I have ever seen on defense, and the the total lack of rebounding, especially on the offensive glass in the 2nd half was a joke. The Kings acted like they were just playing for the foul whenever they attempted to penetrate the paint, a tactic that cost them a ton of points, and Bibby was just flat comatose out there, that 4th quarter steal by Allen said it all.

Condolences JoMal, this series is obviously over.
Dan

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Too Much Ray Allen
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 10:34:53 AM »
Man oh man, that was brutal last night!!! Kings blow a huge lead and their total lack of defense allowed the Sonics, Ray Allen in particular, to run over them like a steamroller. Peja has to be one of the most useless people I have ever seen on defense, and the the total lack of rebounding, especially on the offensive glass in the 2nd half was a joke. The Kings acted like they were just playing for the foul whenever they attempted to penetrate the paint, a tactic that cost them a ton of points, and Bibby was just flat comatose out there, that 4th quarter steal by Allen said it all.

Don't think I will be watching on Tuesday. I don't know this team. They are strangers. Not just to me, either, but to each other.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Too Much Ray Allen
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 10:35:12 AM »
I caught the end of it and ray was just floating around the top of the key, stopped popped up and swished a three...the kings just looked a step behind....i was hoping sactown would get the upset here, seattle is a tough matchup for the Spurs with fortson in the middle, assuming we win of course, i think the Spurs meet the winner of that series.  I was dreading the soncis advancing, looks like i willl have some real jitters in the next round.  I havent really woried so much about the denver series, but i am woried now becuuse of the rough play by the nuggets, i am hoping nobody gets hurt just because those crybabies are losing.  

tough break JoMal.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Too Much Ray Allen
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2005, 10:36:09 AM »

Don't think I will be watching on Tuesday. I don't know this team. They are strangers. Not just to me, either, but to each other.
what happenned to Peja?  is he injured?  has seatle shut him down? this guy was your MVP before Webber came back....what happend to him?
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Too Much Ray Allen
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2005, 10:39:03 AM »

I said the exact same thing in another thread for Game 1.  This isnt the Kings team im use to watching.   In fact they all seem to have aged 10 years between mid-season and this series.

Bibby and Peja look like someone very close to them died a tragic death or something.  So lackluster and un-motivated.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Too Much Ray Allen
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2005, 12:39:33 PM »
Team lacks floor leadership and overall athletism. Bibby is not the leader he was hoped to be, but just a sometimes effective point guard. Peja cannot deal with the added attention he receives in the post season. He needs help to free up his shot and none is forthcoming. They have no answer for Jerome James, of all people, and instead of doing something about it, just compliment him in playing well.   :huh:

Their notorious complaining about the officiating and the rough play of the Sonics does nothing but makes me want to hurl. Who are they kidding?? They don't want the other guys to play rough with them because it affects their open jumpers?

So they try to act tough by driving the lane and getting the foul call, but unlike any other team in the universe, they don't even try to make the shot so they could go for the three point play instead.

The other team comes out in the second half with more intense defense. There's a surprise!! Let's not expect THAT to happen, right? So the poised Kings respond by jacking up some of the most ill-adviced shots ever attempted to somehow thwart the effect. Suddenly, they forget to pass the ball to open teammates and think it is up to "THEM" individually to make the big shot. Too bad it requires their knees to quit knocking together to actually MAKE those shots.

As their lead shrinks, you can see the desparation appear in each of their eyes, in different ways. Peja's eyes are clearly saying "Don't pass the ball to me!!" as he can't hit anything when actually being defended. Bibby's say, "It is all up to me not to make a mistake", as Ray Allen constantly steals the ball from him as Mike is looking elsewhere. Mobley's eyes are saying, "SHOOT THE BALL! SHOOT THE BALL! IT IS ALL I CAN DO!!! SHOOT THE BALL!", as he shoots and misses again and again. Miller's eyes are the most focused on the task at hand, but he soon realyzed his teammates aren't looking at him, so what is he doing out there?

Bobby Jackson and Corliss Williamson at least respond to the pressure, but for some reason that hoop has shrunk just for them and not for the Sonics.

The King's bench has an excellent view of how a calm and poised played can lead a team back from a deficit just by stroking jumper after jumper because no one can keep up with him.

The team isn't old. It just has no true 'stars' on it who understand how to deal with playoff pressure.

Auditions this summer for replacements will commence in August. The current roles should be vacated by then.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."