Author Topic: It's spring...  (Read 1033 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
It's spring...
« on: April 28, 2005, 05:29:49 PM »
Over the Memorial Day weekend, the missus and I will be seeing the sites around our Nation's Capital, plus up to State College PA, down to Gettysburg and over to Baltimore.

Plan on taking in a baseball game at Camden Yards while there, on Friday, May 27th. Finally am getting to see my favorite team play on their home field from my little league days when I was the right fielder for the Orioles.

Anyone here ever been to Baltimore and can tell me anything about it? We are staying near the harbor within sight of Camden Yards.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

rickortreat

It's spring...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 10:03:51 AM »
I haven't been but prior to the Phillies new stadium being built, a lot of baseball fans went down to Baltimore just to watch in an old-stle stadium.  The inner harbour there has a great reputation as the place to be in Baltimore.

Philly's new stadium is very nice as well, many say better than Camden Yards, excepting the location.

Penn State is a real nice place to be this time of year.  

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
It's spring...
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 11:02:14 AM »
Noted Wizards fan and MSNBCer Whitt lives in Washington.  Noted Kings/Sixers fan jw lives in Washington as well.  I met them both when I was out that way;  AWESOME folks.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
It's spring...
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 12:16:10 PM »
Noted Wizards fan and MSNBCer Whitt lives in Washington.  Noted Kings/Sixers fan jw lives in Washington as well.  I met them both when I was out that way;  AWESOME folks.
What ever became of jw.  My mail box got hacked and I lost jw's email addy.  You still in contact?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
It's spring...
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 01:21:21 PM »
I've have only met Lurker when he came my way on a wine buying trip. He has been keeping a low profile lately also.

jw certainly has fallen out of contact. Joe, what can you tell us?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
It's spring...
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 05:48:03 PM »
I've not heard from jw, either.  I've got jw's e-mail address somewhere...I'll have to look it up.

Gotta run.  Caleb just got into town and I'm going to meet up with him.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!