Author Topic: i know thias is off topic  (Read 1086 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
i know thias is off topic
« on: March 28, 2005, 01:58:55 PM »
the area...

ANOTHER 8.2 quake hit off the coast of indonesia - 8.2 is the estimate of its strength - they are evactuating people to higher ground, if it does spark a tsunammi it is expected to hit somewhere around 4p EST.  
« Last Edit: March 28, 2005, 02:00:50 PM by SPURSX3 »
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2005, 02:05:39 PM »
MSNBC has a weblog going for people in the region to post whats going on...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7317142/
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2005, 02:50:49 PM »
cnn is reporting that the magnitude of the quake has been raised to 8.7, and a "small" tsunami was recorded as being 100 miles of the coast of indonesia, but that likelyhood of the same type of tsunami that occurred on 26Dec is unlikely at this point.... :cheers:   good to hear that.  hopefully no more damage will take place to the region.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 02:57:05 PM »
Wonder if I ever told you guys that I lived on Sumatra for two years when a young laddy. Up in the mountains, near the equator in a little village called Leric.

We never felt an earthquake, but there was a war for a while that required us kids and their mothers to flee up into the higher mountains for safety. Near where the headhunters lived. I guess it was safer then staying in Leric.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 03:12:35 PM »
Wonder if I ever told you guys that I lived on Sumatra for two years when a young laddy. Up in the mountains, near the equator in a little village called Leric.

We never felt an earthquake, but there was a war for a while that required us kids and their mothers to flee up into the higher mountains for safety. Near where the headhunters lived. I guess it was safer then staying in Leric.
well, the reports are starting to come in, no waves, but since this ocurred at night, people sleeping, there is about 50 reported dead in nias....buildings collapsed....cant believe how unstable that area is right now...wonder how long it will last..