Author Topic: Headline in Inky sports:  (Read 2225 times)

rickortreat

Headline in Inky sports:
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2005, 06:32:53 PM »
That is correct, JoMal.  I did write that, because it is the TRUTH.  I find your skeptiscism disturbing.  Why should I make up something like that?

It is apparent that you don't read the Philly papers, or you would know that A.I. has been attending practice regularly.  In fact, A.I. had a disscussion with league officials as a result of his altercation with an official during the Bulls game.  The discussion took place as A.I. was on his way to PRACTICE.

I would post the link, but in order to read either the Daily News or the Inquirer, you need to logon.  Go to philly.com and read if for yourself.  It is a simple thing to verify, since you're unwilling to accept what I write.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Headline in Inky sports:
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2005, 06:57:31 PM »
I was kidding, rick. though you have to wonder about him if you are getting so defensive because it is being reported in Philly that A.I. actually is attending practice.

It never makes much of a splash in Sacramento in the news about who is going to practice or not. With A.I., it gets a bit more scrutiny, doesn't it?
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

rickortreat

Headline in Inky sports:
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2005, 07:16:53 PM »
Yes it does, with some good reason, as AI has not always been professional in the way he has handled himself or his career.  IMO, he deserves some credit for growing up, better late than never!

I wasn't getting defensive,  you impuned my integrity, which I take very seriously.

The Sixers are on national TV tonight, against the Pistons.  Thanks to the days off they've had recently, the Sixers should be fresh and better prepared to run their offense. OB claims that some of AI's turnovers are a result of the changes in their offense, which mean that the players aren't where AI expected them to be.

I find that argument weak.  AI is just careless at times, and just as he forces shots, he forces passes.  He still hasn't learned patience.  I suppose with his talent, he believes in his ability, but no player is so good that he can make anything he wants to happen on the court happen.  It takes alot to make good decisions, and he doesn't.

Makes me miss guys like Bird, who always made the best pass.  Now, there was a guy with brains for the game.  

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
Headline in Inky sports:
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2005, 10:30:42 PM »
10 pts, 10 boards, 10 assists, 4 steals, 0 turnovers.

Heckuva ballgame by the rook.  1st (of many) triple double of his career.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2005, 10:34:18 PM by dbodner »