Author Topic: All Star Weekend  (Read 1001 times)

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
All Star Weekend
« on: February 22, 2005, 12:11:39 PM »
...but I did not pay attention.

I managed to avoid watching one second of the NBA "showcase" and ego-fest. The "special" events with pre-adult "playa's" going against their teenage rookie counterparts; the three-point "contest" (how many points did they get for just hitting the rim?); the "skills" contest, where Nash sleepwalked around the J-Will wannabe's who somehow were picked to compete against him; oh, and the fan favorite, the "DUNK"!!!!!!" contest. After reading the interesting thread found elsewhere on dabob's forum, this must have been riveting. People were glued to their seats, er sets. Whatever.

The NBA could give lessons on how to turn a boring aspect of streetball into a blithering nails-on-the-blackboard, please, pour scaling hot water into my eyes instead, event.

Then I hear they actually played a game where the "Best" of the West, played the "Priests" of the East. The praying helped them win, but did not help make anyone give a damn.

I got bored just reading about all of this. How does anyone even care about it any more? None of this stuff should ever matter to the purests who remember back when competition gave this some meaning.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2005, 12:12:31 PM by JoMal »
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
All Star Weekend
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 01:18:12 PM »
Missed All-Star weekend completely!

Friday: Poker
Saturday: Poker
Sunday: Poker
Monday: Stove shopping

I'm starting to see a very problematic pattern/addiction here obviously created by corporate America.  IMO CorpUSA is producing inferior appliances and forcing me to buy one every 4-5 years!   :angry:  
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"