Author Topic: All Star reserves named  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
All Star reserves named
« on: February 08, 2005, 02:00:28 PM »
East:
Wade
Arenas
Jamison
J O'neal
Wallace
Ilgauskas
Pierce

West:
Nash
Ginobili
Nowitski
Marion
Stoudemire
Lewis
Allen
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

All Star reserves named
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 03:19:12 PM »
East:
Wade
Arenas
Jamison
J O'neal
Wallace
Ilgauskas
Pierce

West:
Nash
Ginobili
Nowitski
Marion
Stoudemire
Lewis
Allen
How do they leave Hughes off that list?  IMO, he has had a MUCH better year than Paul Pierce!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
All Star reserves named
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2005, 03:53:57 PM »
East:
Wade
Arenas
Jamison
J O'neal
Wallace
Ilgauskas
Pierce

West:
Nash
Ginobili
Nowitski
Marion
Stoudemire
Lewis
Allen
How do they leave Hughes off that list?  IMO, he has had a MUCH better year than Paul Pierce!
Obviously the coaches felt that Arenas & Jamison were more important to the Wizards winning than Hughes....and the fact that they are still winning with Hughes out seems to support that notion.

If he wasn't injured I would have given the spot to RJ.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

All Star reserves named
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2005, 04:17:24 PM »
I think RJ would have been a lock had he not gone down to injury but it's tough to dismiss what Hughes has done with the Wizards this year -- Arenas and Jamison have pulled up the slack (and since Arenas is on my FNBA team, I appreciate that).  I just haven't been impressed with what Pierce has done this year.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
All Star reserves named
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2005, 04:35:55 PM »
Tough break for Brad Miller, who probably deserves consideration more this year then he did last year when he went to the All Star game.

But since he got hurt in that game, I think I prefer all the Kings to sit this year's game out anyway.

Funny, if Yao doesn't get voted in, chances are he doesn't even get picked with Miller and Stoudamire having much better years.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Guest_Randy

All Star reserves named
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2005, 04:42:55 PM »
Already stated this in the other post but Yao gets the Asian Connection vote -- and that is a huge number of votes right there.

BMiller deserved to be the starting Center -- Amare has had a better year but he plays PF more than center.

What is tough is the Forward position in the West -- look at the choices:

1.  TD
2.  Dirk
3.  KG
4.  Amare

And that doesn't even consider players like Marion, Rashard Lewis, Kirilenko, etc.

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
All Star reserves named
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2005, 04:52:14 PM »
Already stated this in the other post but Yao gets the Asian Connection vote -- and that is a huge number of votes right there.

BMiller deserved to be the starting Center -- Amare has had a better year but he plays PF more than center.

What is tough is the Forward position in the West -- look at the choices:

1.  TD
2.  Dirk
3.  KG
4.  Amare

And that doesn't even consider players like Marion, Rashard Lewis, Kirilenko, etc.
I'd put those four as competing for the PF slot, and the others for SF.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
All Star reserves named
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2005, 05:07:31 PM »
Amare has had a better year but he plays PF more than center.

And who plays center for the Suns when Amare is at pf?  Marion?  Johnson?  Nash?  Jackson?  QRich?  Jacobson?  Barbosa?  Those are the top 8 players on the Suns in minutes played so who plays center?

Amare is a center this year and rightfully got the nod as the backup from the coaches.

Funny thing is about Yao's "chinese connection"....he gets more votes from North America than any other center.  Must be all those "anglo asians".
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

All Star reserves named
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2005, 05:22:12 PM »
Amare has had a better year but he plays PF more than center.

And who plays center for the Suns when Amare is at pf?  Marion?  Johnson?  Nash?  Jackson?  QRich?  Jacobson?  Barbosa?  Those are the top 8 players on the Suns in minutes played so who plays center?

Amare is a center this year and rightfully got the nod as the backup from the coaches.

Funny thing is about Yao's "chinese connection"....he gets more votes from North America than any other center.  Must be all those "anglo asians".
Perhaps you didn't realize it, Lurker, but there are quite a few "asians" living in North America -- perhaps they don't like Texas but they are here!

Guest_SPURSFAN101

All Star reserves named
« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2005, 09:32:16 AM »
Glad to see the Spurs, Sonics and Suns are well represented!  So much for parity in the league, few other teams are represented!

Guest_JoMal

All Star reserves named
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2005, 11:38:05 AM »
What is really cool is that I have no reason to watch the thing this year. It gives me three days off from the NBA that I can catch up on others things.

Thanks, voters.