Author Topic: Bowen outplays Kobe  (Read 2024 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« on: January 05, 2005, 10:08:54 AM »
K. Bryant  17pts (31.3%)  0 3pts  5 reb   2 asst    3 turnovers

B. Bowen  24 pts (47.4%) 5 3pts  4 reb   2 asst    0 turnovers

Says it all.  Spurs were up by 25 at the end of the third quarter and none of the starters played in the 4th.  Lakers scored almost as much in 4th quarter (30 pts) as they did in the entire 1st half (32 pts).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 10:11:07 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 10:13:01 AM »
So Bowen was playing Kobe 1-on-1 all night?  I don't think so!  Bowen had a LOT of help on Kobe -- we have seen, in the past, what happens when Bowen plays Kobe one-on-one.  Bowen plays Kobe as well as anyone does -- and that's a pretty small group of players:  Eddie Jones, Bowen, Christie, Artest -- the difference is that on offense, Kobe camped in the lane to help out on TD and Bowen made him pay.  

While this may give you some kind of warm feeling of revenge, given the Lakers present state, it's not all that impressive.    

PS - how did Mihm do last night?  lol :puke:  

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 11:40:11 AM »
So Bowen was playing Kobe 1-on-1 all night?  I don't think so!  Bowen had a LOT of help on Kobe -- we have seen, in the past, what happens when Bowen plays Kobe one-on-one.  Bowen plays Kobe as well as anyone does -- and that's a pretty small group of players:  Eddie Jones, Bowen, Christie, Artest -- the difference is that on offense, Kobe camped in the lane to help out on TD and Bowen made him pay. 

While this may give you some kind of warm feeling of revenge, given the Lakers present state, it's not all that impressive.   

PS - how did Mihm do last night?  lol :puke:
Kobe was getting around Bowen last night pretty easily in the first half.  Bowen did have help...Rasho might as well be renamed Smokey the Bear with the camping he was getting away with.   Bowen played well tho.....he was picking his spots and they were doing an excellent job of driving and kicking.  That young euro guy was AWESOME.  When did you guys pick him up?

Wow Lurker...you guys beat the Lakers!  What a suprise...no one thought it would happen.  Quite a feat when you consider that Odom/Mihm were guarding Tim Duncan.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 11:42:50 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2005, 01:09:59 PM »
Hey, the Kings beat the Knicks in New York yesterday!!! That makes it 2 wins out of twenty visits since the Kings moved to Sacramento!

I don't know, it sounded like some kind of perspective to me.  
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2005, 03:29:20 PM »
Congrats on the win Spurs fans, although the apparent excitement by Lurker is a little puzzling, you beat a mediocre team in a regular season game, so what? You're SUPPOSED to! No Laker fan on this board ever suggested LA can compete with the Spurs this year, in fact I think the rings are theirs to lose this season, and so of coarse they whup up on a Laker team that MIGHT make the playoffs.

Bowen is getting a lot of props for his game, whatever, he had more help than you could shake a stick at and Kobe helping on Duncan left Bowen wide open last night, I will give him props for dropping 5 UNCONTESTED 3's on the Lakers but please don't act like this guy is some Kobe killer, he plays him well but but he also has the distinct advantage of any team playing the Spurs having to double up on Duncan, thus giving him room to operate.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 03:29:56 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2005, 04:29:01 PM »
Damn, you Laker guys get sooooo touchy when you have a mediocre team.  The Spurs kicked your arse with Parker scoring 2 points and Duncan scoring only 12.

And if any of you ACTUALLY watched the game then you would see that Bowen DID play Kobe mostly one on one....picking him up around mid court and shadowing him everywhere.  As far as Kobe blowing by Bowen all the time then why didn't he finish with 1) either more baskets or 2) more freee throws.  Bottom linew is Bowen played outstanding defense on Kobe.   And this following Kobe's string of 3 straight games over 40.  Also didn't see much of that "triple-double" threat either.  Where are the dimes & boards?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2005, 05:12:49 PM »
Damn, you Laker guys get sooooo touchy when you have a mediocre team.  The Spurs kicked your arse with Parker scoring 2 points and Duncan scoring only 12.

And if any of you ACTUALLY watched the game then you would see that Bowen DID play Kobe mostly one on one....picking him up around mid court and shadowing him everywhere.  As far as Kobe blowing by Bowen all the time then why didn't he finish with 1) either more baskets or 2) more freee throws.  Bottom linew is Bowen played outstanding defense on Kobe.   And this following Kobe's string of 3 straight games over 40.  Also didn't see much of that "triple-double" threat either.  Where are the dimes & boards?
Who's being touchy?  Just wondering.....

I also didnt say 'all the time' I said 'in the first half'  How many fouls did Bowen get  for reaching out to grab Kobe once he got around him in the first half trying to guard Kobe?  I believe it was 3.

To get dimes your team actually has to hit shots.  When your team shoots 28% in the first half, chances are you are not going to get alot of dimes.

Common Lurker, put down granny's hooch for just 10 minutes  :D  

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2005, 05:31:10 PM »
So Bowen got negative 1 fouls in the second half?  Must have since he only had 2 for the entire game.  

I'm not touchy...I just come on and talk some good natured smack and EVERY Laker fan who responded got their panties in a bunch.

Yes, it is a team game but if Kobe was constantly doubled...as implied in earlier posts...then why couldn't he find the open man?  Why couldn't the team move the ball around and catch the Spurs in rotation?  It's not like the Lakers were settling for long jump shots from outside the arc.  For anyone who watched the basketball game instead of the football game they would have seen that the Spurs just flat out played the Lakers in just about every aspect of the game....passing, rebounding, running, defense, etc.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2005, 05:40:08 PM »
I'm not touchy...I just come on and talk some good natured smack and EVERY Laker fan who responded got their panties in a bunch.

Smack? LOL!  That's why I didn't respond, didn't want to run any Spurs fans off the board crying.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2005, 05:52:51 PM »

Smack? LOL!  That's why I didn't respond, didn't want to run any Spurs fans off the board crying.
I was afraid if I got too rough that the Laker fans might call Stern and ask for even more favorable treatment from the refs than they already get.  Did you see the free throw advantage the lakers had last night....darn refs worked overtime to try to keep the score within 40 points.

Is that better?   :cheers:  
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2005, 06:09:11 PM »
Is that better?   :cheers:
Much. :moon:
« Last Edit: January 05, 2005, 06:09:32 PM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2005, 06:09:14 PM »
So Bowen got negative 1 fouls in the second half?  Must have since he only had 2 for the entire game.  

Yes, it is a team game but if Kobe was constantly doubled...as implied in earlier posts...then why couldn't he find the open man?  Why couldn't the team move the ball around and catch the Spurs in rotation?  It's not like the Lakers were settling for long jump shots from outside the arc.  For anyone who watched the basketball game instead of the football game they would have seen that the Spurs just flat out played the Lakers in just about every aspect of the game....passing, rebounding, running, defense, etc.
No one IMPLIED Kobe was doubled.  One person made a comment about Kobe being ran into spots...I made a comment about Rasho sitting in the paint.  Running players into your big man is not double teaming.

So when you talk crap its just talking crap...when we make a comment its getting pissy? LOL...You must not have read my post.

Do you have some kind of basketball inferior complex lol...  Did anyone say anything remotely close to the Spurs NOT outplaying the Lakers on both sides?  I had the luxury of watching both games at once because my best friend has two tv's setup side by side in the garage.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
Bowen outplays Kobe
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2005, 07:40:41 PM »

I was afraid if I got too rough that the Laker fans might call Stern and ask for even more favorable treatment from the refs than they already get.  Did you see the free throw advantage the lakers had last night....darn refs worked overtime to try to keep the score within 40 points.

Is that better?   :cheers:
Lurker, now you tell me, is this the touchiest you have EVER seen this bunch???

:rofl:

I think it was just cool seeing bowen outplay Kobe stat wise last night, props for him.  Beno is the euro pick up that WK says is awesome - he IS, kid has got some real talent and is playing better than freaking tony a lot of the time.  he IMO is better than speedy was for us.  I am not surprised, LA played us better the first game, i believe it was a closer score - its like i said before, this shell of the once intimidating laker team of the past just doesnt get me amped for the game - i didnt even watch it, read about this morning actually.  I dont even know if this Spurs team would hold a grudge against this LA squad considering how weak they are compared to the team of the last few years.  it is just not the same.  be interesting to see if LA makes the playoffs at all this season.  Laker Fan is also right in that the spurs seem to be the team with the title to lose.  which they of course could do come the big game time later in the season, we have our share of failure in the playoffs - even going in with seemingly good squads - so it can always happen - i hope it doesnt though.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.