Author Topic: New Addition  (Read 3577 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Addition
« on: February 24, 2004, 01:04:00 AM »
My wife just gave birth to a beautiful 7 lb 1 oz, baby girl at 8:01 PM tonight.  Went amazingly fast, she was in the hospital for maybe 4-1/2 hours before it was born.  Her name is Amelie Elizabeth, and she is very beautiful.  I am a very happy man tonight.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
New Addition
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2004, 01:19:29 AM »
:D  :D  :D  :D  same for 101 belated for your bringing another Mexican and Spurs realist into the world last month.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
New Addition
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2004, 01:32:55 AM »
My wife just gave birth to a beautiful 7 lb 1 oz, baby girl at 8:01 PM tonight.  Went amazingly fast, she was in the hospital for maybe 4-1/2 hours before it was born.  Her name is Amelie Elizabeth, and she is very beautiful.  I am a very happy man tonight.

Congrats!

Is it your first?
« Last Edit: February 24, 2004, 01:33:13 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Addition
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2004, 01:44:56 AM »
It is my 3rd, her second.  I have a 12 year old boy, and a 3 year boy.  This is it though.  At 43 I need to just focus on keeping up with the ones I have.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
New Addition
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2004, 04:50:05 AM »
Congratulations ziggy! There's nothing better.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
New Addition
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2004, 09:56:21 AM »
That's great ziggy.  Daughters bring such different joys (and headaches) than sons.  Enjoy your little princess.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
New Addition
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2004, 10:05:24 AM »
BIG Congrats Zig!  So... your wife got the itch again huh?  What did she do, go into your closet, grab one of your crusty socks and.... I'm just kidding bro. :lol:

Big congrats to your and your family though, wish you the best.  

Daycare, I will admit, is a BEYATCH!!  I'm paying over a grand in daycare each month, THAT is the only part that sucks about having young kids.
Paul

jn

New Addition
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2004, 10:26:19 AM »
Congrats ziggy!! :D  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
New Addition
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2004, 02:19:16 PM »
ziggy -

Here's hoping that she gives you no trouble and only joy during her lifetime.

And the world becomes a better place in which to raise her.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
New Addition
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2004, 04:29:41 PM »
Congrats, Ziggy. I can attest to the fact that girls are much easier to raise than boys...pure joys (hack, cough).  ;)  The most troublesome years for girls are in their teens so you have at least 13 years of smooth sailing ahead of you. Enjoy.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
New Addition
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2004, 06:22:21 PM »
Congrats dude, having a girl starting college this fall and one still in 3rd grade I will say that my youngest I've enjoyed more because at my age (46), I am more mellow and don't take it so seriously, I was WAAAY too uptight with my older daughter, but she is a real good girl inspite of me. Girls are a special joy, I wish you and your wife the best.

Dan

Guest_Randy

New Addition
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2004, 07:51:13 PM »
Congrats, Ziggy -- children are a joy!  I do hope that you don't pass on that sadomasochistic love for the Portland Trailblazers on to your children.  :rolleyes: