Author Topic: Tim Duncan stats are WAY down  (Read 1485 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Tim Duncan stats are WAY down
« on: January 07, 2005, 09:59:26 AM »
Not because he is struggling, but because as a whole, the team is doing so well. Most games, Tim is benched in the 4th quarter and the bench is taking his minutes.

PROPS TO UNSELFISH PLAYERS!!
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2005, 10:55:59 AM »
Not because he is struggling, but because as a whole, the team is doing so well. Most games, Tim is benched in the 4th quarter and the bench is taking his minutes.

It's more likely props for protecting your franchise player.

If the Spurs run TD into the ground durring the regular season then there won't be anything left for the playoffs.  The Spurs go as far as TD, they don't have the talent nor the coaching brains to go anywhere without him.  Same with Dirk, Shaq, JO and KG.  Suns, Kings and Pistons can make some noise without their anchor because they are more balanced.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2005, 12:27:41 PM »
His stats are down because he plays on a good TEAM (keyword: team).  He shouldnt have to do everything.  The Spurs have lost in previous years in the playoffs because of the load they put on Duncan all year.  Duncan got wore down and the team depended too much on his play to win games.  This year looks alot different.

I have to say that the Spurs, to me, are the most fun team to watch in this league right now.   Last night's game was fun to watch.  I love watching defensive teams who play good smart offensive ball too.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2005, 01:39:37 PM »

I like what I am seeing from this team - I think they have lost some games they should have one, but overall they are playing very good basketball.  I dont know if last nights game would have had the same ending if they had jackson and artest playing - artests defense is very good.  who knows.  It was cool seeing J Oneal donate 1000.00 for every point to tsunami aid...and then just up it to 55k for the 55 points he had the other night - thats cool.  All in all, the Spurs usually start off slow every season and then get hot after all star break - imagine if this IS thier slow start??  post all star should be really fun to watch.  it's not only the defsnse they bring to the table, it's also the offense that makes this years team more exciting - we have several 100+ point games this year, I might be wrong but i dont  think we broke 100 very often last year.  I'm glad we have a good group of players, several locked in in contracts now and they play well together, now e got Udrih - got to lock him in thats for sure, Dev Brown - another player who can develop, we got to keep these guys...I know thats A LOT of player to lock down in contracts, but this team works.  I would not be upset if we dedicated a few years to these guys playing together.

On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 07:08:12 PM »

Two games this year Dunker has taken less shots then 3 other Spurs.
Popazit is seeing the light.
One game being the spanking given to the Suns.

Lots of 100+ games the last two weeks, well above last years pace.

Correct about a Dunker injury.  Against the Pacers last week he got knee'd hard on a baseline turnaround.  Limping badly.  Had to come out.  Sigh of relief it was not serious.

Rasho Nest is playing much better, fitting his role very well.