Author Topic: 'Stros 2-2  (Read 1423 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
'Stros 2-2
« on: October 17, 2004, 08:51:55 PM »
Thank you LaRussa for pitching to Carlos Beltran in the 7th inning.
Especially for having Julian Tavarez pitch to him.

Grady Garner stays out of the way for the 2nd straight day.

Strohs are tinkering with Clemons on 3 days rest but we'll see.    

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
'Stros 2-2
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2004, 08:16:50 AM »
My wife told me that Beltran was considered to be on the trading block. Not sure if it was during the season or they were looking at next season. Haven't confirmed this anywhere, you guys heard anything about this?
Paul

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
'Stros 2-2
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2004, 08:40:07 AM »
My wife told me that Beltran was considered to be on the trading block. Not sure if it was during the season or they were looking at next season. Haven't confirmed this anywhere, you guys heard anything about this?
Beltran is a FA at the end of the season.  THey acquired him from KC becuase of just that reason.  The talk around the league in August was that the Astros should trade him again, for prospects, since they were out of the race.
Beltran's stock has gone through the roof, 8 HR in 9 post season games.  I think the Astros will pull out all the stops to sign him.  The only team that could potentially out bid them is the Yanks.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2004, 08:41:13 AM by ziggy »
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil