Author Topic: [B]basketball topic[/B]  (Read 3078 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
[B]basketball topic[/B]
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2004, 09:22:04 PM »
Shaq easily.  He plays in a joke division in a confrence that doesn't have the same amount of quality teams or big men.  The heat team for the most part has been together with the same coach longer than the new Lakers and Rudy T.

How is the confrence not a factor?  They (the heat) play Eastern Confrence  teams 2x as Western Confrence teams.  The heat get two more games against the Wizards, Knicks, Hawks, Nets, and other weaker teams.  While the Lakers see the Spurs, Kings, Rockets, and Timberwovles extra games.
Not necessarily.  As stated originally 58 games are identical for each team.  That is the majority of the schedule.  The additional games could be the Warriors, Clips, Sonics for the Lakers and Pistons, Pacers & Celtics (don't sleep on this team) for the Heat.

Also in the other thread Laker fans seem to believe their team is still a strong western conference team.  whereas many commentators have expressed doubt about the Heat's depth.  If the Lakers are truly a stronger team then the Heat then the conference differential becomes even less important.
LOL....dont put words in our mouth.  Maybe at Fan Home, not here.  Not a single one of us have even said anything remotely close to thinking the Lakers are still on top of the WC.  I believe we all feel the Lakers will grab the last spot in the West.  Dont mistake me being suprised at how the team looks in pre-season to them being on top of the West.  They arent even the best team in California.

Those remaining games include all those teams we play 2 extra times.  Spurs, Blazers, Kings, Clippers, GS, Timberwolves, Rockets (dont sleep on them), Mavs, and Denver.  More good teams than bad.
Take it easy on the little guys from Texass.

No doubt Shaq will outdo Kobe.  Tougher conference end of story.  The Lakers may not be the best team in L.A. let alone Cali.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
[B]basketball topic[/B]
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2004, 10:02:25 PM »
LEt's make one thing very clear: I, Laker Fan, do point out that in my never to be humble opinion, do categorically state, that the Los Angeles Lakers professional basketball team, will barely make the the 8th spot this year, IF they make the playoffs at all, any thing more than that is icing on the rebuilding cake.

I also firmly believe, and Randy explained so well I don't need to add any more, that divisional differential hands down gives Shaq more wins than Kobe, although I don't believe for a minute that wins and team success is very important to either one of these selfish, self-centered crybaby's.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2004, 10:03:02 PM by Laker Fan »
Dan