Author Topic: Teen found alive after 8 days in wrecked car  (Read 1191 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Teen found alive after 8 days in wrecked car
« on: October 11, 2004, 02:48:12 PM »
Proof that there IS a God.

REDMOND, Washington (AP) -- A teenager was found alive in her wrecked car after being missing for eight days.

Laura Hatch, 17, last seen at a party October 2, was found Sunday in her 1996 Toyota Camry about 150 feet below a road in this suburb east of Seattle, King County sheriff's deputies said.

Hatch was listed in serious condition at Harborview Medical Center in Seattle, where she was being treated for dehydration, a possible blood clot, broken ribs, a broken leg and facial injuries, said her sister, Amy Hatch.

"We were afraid that we weren't going to find her, we weren't going to get her back," the sister told KING television in Seattle. "This is the best thing that could happen because there were a million awful scenarios."

Hatch evidently went eight days without food or water, sheriff's Sgt. John Urquhart said, adding that there had been no indication of foul play.

"There was no police search," he added. "We felt she was most likely a runaway."

Sha Nohr, whose daughter is a friend of Hatch, found the teen Sunday in a wooded area, where 200 volunteers had searched unsuccessfully the day before.

She said she had dreamed about a wooded area and went out to look Sunday with her daughter.

Along the way, Nohr said, she prayed: "I just thought, 'Let her speak out to us."' She barely managed to discern the wrecked car in some trees after climbing over a concrete barrier and down an embankment.

"I told her that people were looking for her and they loved her," Nohr recalled, "and she said, 'I think I might be late for curfew.' "

Nohr called to her daughter, who flagged down a passing motorist.

More than 100 people cheered and sang at a church prayer service Sunday night that initially had been planned as a vigil.

"We had already given her up and let her be dead in our hearts," the girl's mother, Jean Hatch, told KOMO-TV.

Paul

jn

« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2004, 03:12:11 PM »
Correct me if I'm wrong here but I don't think going without water for 8 days is even possible.  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2004, 03:54:30 PM »
I think you're right. She must have had something, even a little rainwater will keep you alive for a while.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton