Author Topic: Spurs Wolves fav plays  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« on: February 23, 2004, 11:29:51 AM »
Spurs beers all around but we still have much work to do.

Plays by Spurs:

Turkey bringing the ball upcourt in transition is the bomb.  Guy is super fluid, his long arms and legs it only takes him 5 steps to get from freethrowline to freethrowline.  And he dribbles like a guard and keeps his head up with ease to see the court.  Eat crap Randy, Turk has arrived.  His three point arching bombers also.
 GNob threading the needle on a bounce pass to Horry in the lane for 35-25 score.  Horry had two Wolfies right on him.  Great pass.  Good finish by Horry.
Parkers hoop right before halftime.  Sweet drive.  Then to begin the 3rd.  Cassell started out abusing Parker as he did at the start of the game, using his height advantage for another bucket.  But Park answers with his own super sweet driving layup.  It was an attitude answer loud and clear back to Cassell.  Shades of last years playoffs.  Sweet.

A big play by Horry was starting from way out by the top of the key on the side.  He drove it towoads the hoop and KG was right on him.  Horry was not gonna score but he baited KG into the foul.  Huge play to me.  Horry does lots of stuff that doesnt show up in the stat line.

TD hitting the foul shots.  I could not believe Popazit had TD fielding the ball on the last two inbounds where Wolves were obviously going to foul.  In fact Mad Dork smacked TDs knee in one of Mad Dorks out of control idiot moves.  Bottom line Dunker hit the first two and one of the second two.

Wolves.  Cassell starting out super hot, hitting all those midrange jumpers over Parker.  Why did Flip take him out in the middle of the 1st and leave him out for about a whole quarters worth :blink: .  Thanks for the gift, Flip.

Troy Hudsons behind the back dribble and three pointer was nails after the Spurs had opened up a comfortable lead for the 99th time.

KG makes it look so routine on so many shots.  The final drive past TD behind the hoop and then little scoop layup was nails.

jn I thought Candy looked good on D and rebounding.  O sucked.

Rasho is a stiff.  His 11 rebounds dont fool me.  6 of them fell into his hands as TD and Horry and Malik were working their butts off on the shooters.  Play that irked me the most when when the Spurs worked super hard and played KG perfectly on a spin move to make him miss.  Rashostiff stands like a slug in one place and does zero to box out the hyper Mad Dork who greases in and gets the O rebound.
'Stiff just does not move without the ball, on O and especially on D.  Also the way he lumbers upcourt in transition.  Look if his body type only allows him limited speed thats fine.  But i get the impression he is not into it at all effortwise and stays out late at night or something.  Drinks too much Russian Vodka?
« Last Edit: February 23, 2004, 11:36:40 AM by Reality »

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2004, 11:36:57 AM »
Dare I say...

The T-Wolves are the most talented team in the NBA this year.  They are STACKED with talent!  Moreso than LA.  Can they get out of the first round though?  That's the question.
Paul

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2004, 11:48:41 AM »
Yeah when there was all the trade talk about Sheed etc i was wondering why the Wolves were not in the rumor mill.  Seems like if any team had some quality "extra" players to trade it would be the Wolves.  Apparantly they liked everyone and wanted to keep everyone.

They can plug n play lots of combos.  If Candy can show his potential, the $64K question then look out.

Hey Spursies, during the Laker-Suns game last night the announcer was noting how well Jihadi White played Shraquile.  Straight up in the power game.  When fats attempted his c_____t shoves around the hoop White stood right with him.
Announcer then asked if the Spurs and other teams wouldnt love to have him in the frontcourt for D.  Oh well too late now but whaddaya think?  Wolvies have Oliver Miller.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2004, 11:57:33 AM »
They have Miller, but we have our secret weapon.  REALLY bad Mexican Food!  Care for another Churro Shaq??   :lol:  
Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2004, 12:27:53 PM »
Yeah when there was all the trade talk about Sheed etc i was wondering why the Wolves were not in the rumor mill.  Seems like if any team had some quality "extra" players to trade it would be the Wolves.  Apparantly they liked everyone and wanted to keep everyone.

They can plug n play lots of combos.  If Candy can show his potential, the $64K question then look out.

Hey Spursies, during the Laker-Suns game last night the announcer was noting how well Jihadi White played Shraquile.  Straight up in the power game.  When fats attempted his c_____t shoves around the hoop White stood right with him.
Announcer then asked if the Spurs and other teams wouldnt love to have him in the frontcourt for D.  Oh well too late now but whaddaya think?  Wolvies have Oliver Miller.
I guessed you didn't notice that right after the announcers made that statement that Shaq started taking fatso to school with some quick moves and footwork for a couple of dunks and an "and-one".

2 Jihadi Whites aint gonna do nothing, let alone Porky Miller or no-show Kandi.  The absolute best I've ever seen anyone guard the current Shaq one on one was Vlade in 2002.  Vlade had Shaq worried about drawing a charge on almost every play.  Anyone who thinks White or Miller are going to out power the diesel should stick to watching the WNBA or HS B-Ball.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2004, 01:00:17 PM »
No i missed the snoozefest ending against another of the sub .500 Pacific Patsy Division foes.  Undoubtedly the Markerting Leaders will be fattening up their record as the schedule changes this second half to feature mostly non Kings Pacificers.  Look for those more of those 99-98 squeakers.

However I will catch some NBA action this week having the Marketing Leaders be at a Midwest (winning) foe and then hosting the Kings.  Brad Miller being on the mend may give you a glimmer of hope.

Indeed the NBA all star game came at the most opportune time for Lakerville.  Prior Kobe was being hounded about the "I dont care" comments, Fats had been schooled by Yao with little help from his anchor the zebras.  The only chant was "Wait till Karl comes back".  but alas the phony surroundings and marketing farce that is the All Star game included the crowning of its MVP.  Thus the good ole feelings of what the NBA is all about were returned to "Our Heros". ;)  :lol:

Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2004, 01:32:22 PM »
No i missed the snoozefest ending against another of the sub .500 Pacific Patsy Division foes.  Undoubtedly the Markerting Leaders will be fattening up their record as the schedule changes this second half to feature mostly non Kings Pacificers.  Look for those more of those 99-98 squeakers.

However I will catch some NBA action this week having the Marketing Leaders be at a Midwest (winning) foe and then hosting the Kings.  Brad Miller being on the mend may give you a glimmer of hope.

Indeed the NBA all star game came at the most opportune time for Lakerville.  Prior Kobe was being hounded about the "I dont care" comments, Fats had been schooled by Yao with little help from his anchor the zebras.  The only chant was "Wait till Karl comes back".  but alas the phony surroundings and marketing farce that is the All Star game included the crowning of its MVP.  Thus the good ole feelings of what the NBA is all about were returned to "Our Heros". ;)  :lol:
Yao schooled Shaq?  LMAO!  The only thing Yao schooled Shaq on that night was yelling "HELP" in Chineese.  While Shaq played Yao one on one on D, the Rockets didn't let Yao get abused AGAIN by double and triple teaming Shaq whenever he touched the ball.

Thank goodness for Yao that everyone on the Rockets knows the word "HELP" in Chineese.

For those of you that can read a schedule, the Laker schedule gets alot tougher now, with 9 of the next 13 on the road going up the likes of Sactown, Minny and Jersey.

If that was a snooze fest than you must have missed the ENTIRE Spurs winning run before the all-star game since it was MOSTLY, near EXCLUSIVELY, against WC and EC fodder.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2004, 01:45:11 PM »
No i missed the snoozefest ending against another of the sub .500 Pacific Patsy Division foes.  Undoubtedly the Markerting Leaders will be fattening up their record as the schedule changes this second half to feature mostly non Kings Pacificers.  Look for those more of those 99-98 squeakers.

However I will catch some NBA action this week having the Marketing Leaders be at a Midwest (winning) foe and then hosting the Kings.  Brad Miller being on the mend may give you a glimmer of hope.

Indeed the NBA all star game came at the most opportune time for Lakerville.  Prior Kobe was being hounded about the "I dont care" comments, Fats had been schooled by Yao with little help from his anchor the zebras.  The only chant was "Wait till Karl comes back".  but alas the phony surroundings and marketing farce that is the All Star game included the crowning of its MVP.  Thus the good ole feelings of what the NBA is all about were returned to "Our Heros". ;)  :lol:
Yao schooled Shaq?  LMAO!  The only thing Yao schooled Shaq on that night was yelling "HELP" in Chineese.  While Shaq played Yao one on one on D, the Rockets didn't let Yao get abused AGAIN by double and triple teaming Shaq whenever he touched the ball.

Thank goodness for Yao that everyone on the Rockets knows the word "HELP" in Chineese.

For those of you that can read a schedule, the Laker schedule gets alot tougher now, with 9 of the next 13 on the road going up the likes of Sactown, Minny and Jersey.

If that was a snooze fest than you must have missed the ENTIRE Spurs winning run before the all-star game since it was MOSTLY, near EXCLUSIVELY, against WC and EC fodder.
Brilliant post Guest!  Brilliant!  Man your brilliance is so familiar.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Spurs Wolves fav plays
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2004, 02:23:29 PM »
Yao for the skyhook.  Yao for the short jumper.  Yao for the long jumper.  Yao for the reverse spin move.   How do you yell "help" in Fatese?

for those of you who can read a post, in the second half of the NBA season the games will be mostly vs same division opponents.  As for the next 13 games, that the Marketers play Sactown Minny and Jersey should have you Nozers doing some more stats vs top teams.  Continue to glow over the 3 early season wins over the Spurs tho  :lol:

Sorry to interupt your snugglefest...