Author Topic: jn tourist info for twin cities  (Read 1876 times)

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
jn tourist info for twin cities
« on: September 21, 2004, 03:09:21 PM »
Thingkin about taking a little weekend trip somewhere and thought about your town.  if i were to head up on a friday and leave sunday what wold you suggest i check out?  its a toss up between your town, new york, seattle, chicago.
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2004, 03:31:51 PM »
Taking your single wide for a cruise, are you? :alcohol:  
Paul

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2004, 03:54:20 PM »
Mall of America, not much else there, (sorry JN)
Dan

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2004, 03:58:28 PM »
Mall of America, not much else there, (sorry JN)
Why don't you go to Delaware instead?

Have you ever been to Utah. There are a million cool places to see here. And you could sleep in my unfinished basement. I mean, that would be like the Ritz Carlton compared to the trailer!
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2004, 04:13:13 PM »
C'mon Ted, we know you secretly keep the Golden Tablets down there.  X3 would end up using them as his beer coasters.
Paul

jn

« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2004, 04:15:16 PM »
What Laker Fan said.  Just drop the missus of at MOA with the credit card and go  :cheers:  with me.

Seriously I avoid the Mall of America like the plague but it's  hugely popular for trips like your describing (I assume your bringing your family.)  

Apart from that it's a little hard to say, not knowing what kind of entertainment your looking for and when you are taking the trip.  If your looking for an outdoorsy  trip in fall maybe try and find a place on the St. Croix river, just east of the Twin Cities.  Downtown Mpls has the usual entertainment district (restaurants, bars, some shopping, etc.) plus a few other areas just south of downtown with the those sort of things.  

It's a bad time right now for sports events.  You'd be hard pressed to get a Twins playoff ticket or Viking ticket and b-ball doesn't start for a while.

"Why don't you go to Delaware instead?"

Lisa: "I want to see Wilmington!"

Bart: "I wanna visit a screen door factory!"

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2004, 04:52:09 PM »
What Laker Fan said.  Just drop the missus of at MOA with the credit card and go  :cheers:  with me.

Seriously I avoid the Mall of America like the plague but it's  hugely popular for trips like your describing (I assume your bringing your family.)  

Apart from that it's a little hard to say, not knowing what kind of entertainment your looking for and when you are taking the trip.  If your looking for an outdoorsy  trip in fall maybe try and find a place on the St. Croix river, just east of the Twin Cities.  Downtown Mpls has the usual entertainment district (restaurants, bars, some shopping, etc.) plus a few other areas just south of downtown with the those sort of things.  

It's a bad time right now for sports events.  You'd be hard pressed to get a Twins playoff ticket or Viking ticket and b-ball doesn't start for a while.

I would recommend you leave the wife at home, and bring the credit card and head to Shieks. :up:

Actually the Minnesota Science Museum is actually pretty good.  Mall of America is something everybody should experience.  They have one of those virtual reality NASCAR games, which is actually pretty cool.  The MoA is actually quite overwhelming.  There are also some good golf courses in the Twin Cities, and I would assume bug season is on its' way out.

If you want a really really good time in Minnesota though I would recommend Warrod in February. :cheers:  
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2004, 04:59:43 PM »

yeah my wife can shop, and shop, and shop......i hate shopping.  We would like to see the town during the day have a nice breakfast somewhere, find some points of interest, nice place for lunch, more nice points of interest, and then find the collest watering hole and down some drinks, and drinks....oh yeah and drink....and then we could check out the MOA before we left for home...
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.