Author Topic: Very Intreresting- Did you Know?  (Read 2235 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Very Intreresting- Did you Know?
« on: September 10, 2004, 10:20:04 AM »
VERY INTERESTING - DID YOU KNOW?

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq.

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon,which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land of Shinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq, means country with deep roots.

Indeed Iraq is a country with deep roots and is a very significant country in the Bible.  

No other nation, except Israel, has more history and prophecy associated it than Iraq.

And also... This is something to think about! Since America is typically represented by an eagle. Saddam should have read up on his Muslim passages..

The following verse is from the Koran, (the Islamic Bible)

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

(Note the verse number!) Hmmmmmmm?! God Bless you all Amen !  
Paul

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2004, 10:23:32 AM »
I had received this via e-mail from a friend. Can't always believe what you read...dag nabbit!   See below:

The Truth
This is a hoax.
The quote is not from anywhere in the Koran (or Quran).
Chapter 9 verse 11 actually says "But if they repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate, they are your brethren in faith; and we make the communications clear for a people who know."  (M. H. Shakir translation)
Paul

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2004, 10:24:06 AM »

Koran (9:11) - For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace.

Hopefully Dubya doesnt come to this forum...I can see the headlines now on the news stations
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jn

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2004, 10:32:46 AM »
Also, the Lion's den and the writing on the wall parts took place during the Egyptian captivity, (supposedly).

Also the Wise Men were Magi, part of the Zorastrian religion and therefore Persian, not Iraqi.  Again, supposedly.

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2004, 10:33:09 AM »

Hopefully Dubya doesnt come to this forum...I can see the headlines now on the news stations
LMFAO!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2004, 10:56:35 AM »
No, most of that information is true.  Iraq (aka Babylon & Mesopotamia) and Iran (aka Persia) were very influential in the ancient days.  In fact, I think writing was originally developed in Mesopotamia far earlier than the Egyptians had it.

But then Persia overran the Babylonians.  Alexander the Great overran the persians (and egyptians), and Rome overran the Greeks, which pretty much takes us up to modern day Turkey (the turks overran the Romans/Byzantines in 1453, and the Turks rule pretty much to this day, although only in Asia Minor, aka Turkey).

Or something like that.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2004, 10:56:53 AM by dbodner »

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2004, 11:09:37 AM »

Come ON!  :nonono:

I bet you fall for those Nostradumbass predictions as well.

Pendejo hick!

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2004, 02:16:55 PM »

Come ON!  :nonono:

I bet you fall for those Nostradumbass predictions as well.

Pendejo hick!
Ive got a new remix of an old Will Smith song comming out with Kid Frost called 'Weto's just dont understand'
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2004, 11:00:45 PM »
Also, the Lion's den and the writing on the wall parts took place during the Egyptian captivity, (supposedly).

Also the Wise Men were Magi, part of the Zorastrian religion and therefore Persian, not Iraqi.  Again, supposedly.
You're right about the Magi.

Daniel, however, was captive in Babylon, not Egypt. He was King Belshazzar's prisoner basically. Belshazzar was Nebuchadnezzar's son. Daniel interpreted the writing on the wall for Belshazzayomama, then Darius came from Persia, opened a can of you-know-what, killed Belshazzawhatsit, took over Babylon, and made Daniel first of his "presidents." Then Daniel worshipped in defiance of a Darius decree, and we had the whole lion's den thingy.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2004, 10:47:21 AM »
I think Ted is mostly right on that - except that Daniel was taken into captivity as a prisoner of Nebuchadnezzar (sp?).  He was just still a prisoner during Belteshazzar.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

jn

« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2004, 09:39:09 AM »
Thanks guys.  Not sure why that got garbled in my mind.  

Offline Ted

• AOL Instant Messenger - Rustedhart
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - ruteha
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2004, 03:30:01 PM »
I think Ted is mostly right on that - except that Daniel was taken into captivity as a prisoner of Nebuchadnezzar (sp?).  He was just still a prisoner during Belteshazzar.
Joe's right.
"You take him Perk!" ~Kevin Garnett

"I think the responsibility the Democrats have may rest more in resisting any efforts by Republicans in the Congress or by me when I was President to put some standards in and tighten up a little bit on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac." ~Bill Clinton