Author Topic: Sacto at Minn  (Read 1915 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Sacto at Minn
« on: February 19, 2004, 03:17:34 AM »
Well does B. Miller being out take the luster off this game?
Maybe a tad, but not enough.  It is on!

Darius Songaila held his own against the Celts in his 1st start for Miller going 8-11 and snapping down 7 boards.  But I also saw him play twice against SAS, and Songman you aint no Brad Miller.

So with the last 4 games between the two teams coming down to the last minute including an overtime or two, i would expect a similiar game but without BMiller i dunno....
Whats your take?

jn

Sacto at Minn
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 09:38:15 AM »
I'm totally geeked up for tonight's game.  Teams with two of the three best records in the league who've gone into overtime 4 times with the Kings looking for home court payback after KG tagged them with a 33 pt, 25 rebound performance. For good measure Wally and Kandi may log a few minutes and THud is back! Woohoo!!!!!! :D  :lol:  :D  :lol:  

Hey gaither and JoMal, with Miller out how many will KG hit for this time? 40 and 30?  

Offline JoMal

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Sacto at Minn
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2004, 12:19:14 PM »
Gee, I don't know, jn. I am sure the Kings have no plans to guard him or box him out, so he may just fall over exhausted from running into all the free openings he'll have to the basket.

Win or lose, the Kings have nothing to prove to the Wolves or anyone else. While clearly improved, Minnesota has lost 15 games to SOMEBODY, while the Kings, without Webber all year and now Miller, argueably their two best front line players along with Peja, have still only lost 13 going into this game.

I am aware that the Wolves have been without Wally, Hudson, and the Candiman for most of the year, but consider - what kind of record would you have if Garnett had sat out the first fifty games of the season instead?

Even with the Kings shorthanded, this should be a great game, though.
"We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.....We will not be driven by fear into an age of unreason.....We are not descended from fearful men, not from men who feared to write, to speak, to associate and to defend causes that were for the moment unpopular....We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home."

jn

Sacto at Minn
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2004, 02:40:22 PM »
I'm sure everybody's had a plan for stopping KG.  Can't see why the King's plan tonight will work.  I hear they are basing it on the French Army's "Maginot Line" from WWII with a line of stationery defenders.  What could go wrong?  ;)

Good God! Did I just compare KG to a German army?  :unsure:

No the Kings don't have anything to prove at this point. They continue to get the most out of pretty much anybody the put on the floor.  Getting to the finals is the test for the Kings.  

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Sacto at Minn
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2004, 02:48:28 PM »
Maginot Line!  LMAO!  

Leave it to the Frenchies... "ve shall dig ze line hyeh, what can ze do, ...go aroundz uz?" :lol:  
Paul