Author Topic: Payton ejected (again)  (Read 1512 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Payton ejected (again)
« on: February 19, 2004, 10:47:23 AM »
SOMEBODY actually wanted to fight mild mannered Speedy Claxton?  That's a new low...[/size]

Claxton had 18 points and four assists before fighting with Payton, who was ejected for the third time in 10 games. Though the point guards' wrestling match carried them into the scorers' table, no punches were thrown -- and though television replays appeared to show Payton biting Claxton, the Golden State guard said it didn't happen.

"He wasn't having as good a game as he wanted to have, so he got frustrated out there," Claxton said. "There was no cause for the ejection. There were no punches and no cause to eject us."

"I thought Gary was frustrated most of the game because he couldn't keep Speedy in front of him," said Robinson, who helped break up the fight. "You could tell just by watching him that he wasn't pleased. It worked out for them and hurt us, because Gary wasn't playing that well and Speedy was making it happen." :lol:

Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Payton ejected (again)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2004, 12:33:08 PM »
I watched it in real-time and three times in slow-mo replay, IMO Shaq should have been ejected and suspended for one game.  I'm not kidding!

Shaq knocked over Gary, Claxon and two refs.  After they where on the ground Shaq shoved an official off Gary's back and to the ground.  That should have cost him, thank goodness it didn't cause I need Shaq on my FNBA squad!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"