Author Topic: A Week Before the Election  (Read 2793 times)

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
A Week Before the Election
« on: October 26, 2004, 10:48:55 AM »
And this board is a GHOST TOWN!  Find it funny how we've all hit political overload, and we just want life to get back to normal.

Thank GOD I don't live in a swing state. I couldn't handle the commercial bombardment.
Paul

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 11:47:58 AM »
I can't walk down the street here in philly without 16 people asking me to help get Kerry elected.  I mean, I'm voting for him and all, but back the bleep off my nuts, mmmk?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 03:22:04 PM »
I can't walk down the street here in philly without 16 people asking me to help get Kerry elected.  I mean, I'm voting for him and all, but back the bleep off my nuts, mmmk?
Almost as bad as the christians and mormons trying to save people who dont want to be saved.

I assume no one is talking about anything because they have the basketball forum bookmarked and not the main directory of the 3 forums.  That and Ted/Randy/Ziggy have no answer for how Iraq is getting worse and worse.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline spursfan101

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 04:06:59 PM »
That and Ted/Randy/Ziggy have no answer for how Iraq is getting worse and worse.

You would think that, but if you've ever listened to right wing radio (Rush, Sean Hannity), Bush can do no wrong, Iraq war is going great, and the economy is making a tremendous comeback. Listening to them, it would seem to me like Bush has this election in the bag.

Paul

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 08:10:14 PM »
I assume no one is talking about anything because they have the basketball forum bookmarked and not the main directory of the 3 forums.
Exactly.

I might even remove my link to the main board it's gotten so PC and stuffy.

I'll get my posts in on the FNBA board most likey.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 09:52:41 AM »
It's not that difficult to jump between boards....even an old tech-challenged Spurs fan can figure it out.   :D

Besides Bush is getting desparate....I don't believe that any time in history has two tax laws been signed in less than 1 month preceding an election.  Bush is doing everything in his power to show that the economy is improving .  Also asking British troops to help in the US region of Iraq so he doesn't have to send more US troops just before the election.

As I said before Bush has no intention of fighting & winning a war on terror....his focus is on maintaining power for himself & his posse.  Definately not what is best for America and its citizens.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2004, 09:53:03 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

jn

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2004, 03:01:18 PM »
I hear ya dabods.  Today Edwards and Cheney are in MN, tomorrow Bush.  All the candidates have visited here repeatedly and tensions are high.  

rickortreat

« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2004, 10:08:15 PM »
What amazes me is that Bush, if you can believe the polls is still in the race.  The economy is worse than it was 4 years ago, and he's lying about the unemployment rate.

The budget deficit is the worst it's ever been, and we've gone past the debt limit that congress set.  That Bush has the audacity to talk about tax and spend liberals when he's been the worst profligate spender in history is beyond the pale.

Let's not forget about the trade deficit either, also getting worse with no sign of reversal in sight.  Jobs are being lost overseas everyday.  Every dollar you own has gone down over 20% in value thanks to Bush's trade policies.  If you had $100,000 in the bank 4 years ago, it's worth only $80,000 today.

He started a war with no planning, and the result is lots of Iraquis running around with RPG's shooting at our soldiers.  He's a moron as commander in chief, and he's fired every general or administrator who had the guts to tell us what was happening there.

As if that wasn't enough, read the Patriot Act, which violates at least 3 of the amendments in the Bill of Rights.

This is the worst President we've had in the US ever.  We're poorer, less free and the rest of the world hates us for attacking a country in a pre-emptive strike.  Another 4 years like this and we'll have to start spelling the country with a k, as in a Nazified, facist Amerika.  

Even a dyed in the wool republican who believes in a balanced budget can't in good concious vote for Bush, not if he/she's honest with themselves!