Author Topic: I wonder why Nellie is all hyped about . . .  (Read 851 times)

Guest_Randy

I wonder why Nellie is all hyped about . . .
« on: June 25, 2004, 03:32:45 PM »
Russian center, 7-foot-5 Pavel Podkolzine?  Why I'm not a big Nellie fan as coach -- he has had as much success as anyone in evaluating talent from overseas -- only SacTown has had as much success as Dallas in evaluating overseas talent.  I wonder if he has seen something that others haven't?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 04:57:50 PM »
Russian center, 7-foot-5 Pavel Podkolzine?  Why I'm not a big Nellie fan as coach -- he has had as much success as anyone in evaluating talent from overseas -- only SacTown has had as much success as Dallas in evaluating overseas talent.  I wonder if he has seen something that others haven't?
If they get him then they wont go after Shaq......who would probably want Nelson to be replaced with Phil Jackson.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 06:18:05 PM »
The Mavs already have the guy -- got him for a future #1 pick.  But the Mavs WANT O'Neal -- he's the piece that would send them over the top and make them a contender (lord knows the Mavs have the shooters to create space for Shaq -- they certainly won't miss over and over again).  The Mavs have struggled in three areas:  1) post offense, 2) post defense, and 3 rebounding.  Shaq shores up ALL three of those areas.  Imagine the kind of spacing that Shaq would give the Mavs -- with Dirk, Finley and Daniels to knock down open shots -- opponents would be hard pressed when it came to doubling.  Shaq is a very good passer -- so is Finley -- this team would go to a leading candidate even with dumping off several of it's players to make it happen.  And Cuban wants a championship TODAY -- not tomorrow so this trade just makes a LOT of sense for both teams.

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 06:21:49 PM »
The Mavs already have the guy -- got him for a future #1 pick.  But the Mavs WANT O'Neal -- he's the piece that would send them over the top and make them a contender (lord knows the Mavs have the shooters to create space for Shaq -- they certainly won't miss over and over again).  The Mavs have struggled in three areas:  1) post offense, 2) post defense, and 3 rebounding.  Shaq shores up ALL three of those areas.  Imagine the kind of spacing that Shaq would give the Mavs -- with Dirk, Finley and Daniels to knock down open shots -- opponents would be hard pressed when it came to doubling.  Shaq is a very good passer -- so is Finley -- this team would go to a leading candidate even with dumping off several of it's players to make it happen.  And Cuban wants a championship TODAY -- not tomorrow so this trade just makes a LOT of sense for both teams.
Hes not the man for Dallas IMO.  Imagine how much he would complain with the way Dallas plays on the offensive end.  Quick 3's.  Mostly jump shots.  Alot of run and gun.  Not to mention that they cant stay in front of their defenders which means Shaq is either going to get alot of fouls or get too tired to dominate.  I dont think he would be a good fit in Dallas at all.  Sure it sounds good in the thread but with his conditioning, his prior injuries, and his attitude I dont think it would work out.