Author Topic: Reality  (Read 1181 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reality
« on: June 25, 2004, 12:08:25 PM »
I was somewhat surprised, but it goes to show how bad management feeds on itself.  No one was prepared to offer lots of top shelf talent knowing they will have him for 3 months, and then he will be a FA.  KC should have either moved him over the winter, or rode it out.  They gave the big money to Sweeney, who is good hitter, but he is always hurt and he is not in teh same league as Carlos Beltran.  They should have moved Sweeney for similar prospects and spent the money on Beltran.
I think they could have gotten a better deal from the Angels.  Moreno would have offered up Guillen, and prospects no doubt.  No that would have been a good deal.

Just made a big fantasy deal.  Traded Abreu, Loretta, and Zito for Matt Clement and Mark Mulder.  I am pretty happy, though losing Abreu was a killer.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Reality
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 02:42:38 PM »
I think they could have gotten a better deal from the Angels.  Moreno would have offered up Guillen, and prospects no doubt.  No that would have been a good deal.

ziggle,

Then why would they not take that better Angels offer?
Do you think Moreno made it?  I agree its solid, even tho Guillen has been superb you outlined the upside a while ago re Guillens contract etc.
Beltran is a top 5 player IMO.  Right now his average is down but everything else is up, and that includes his defense.  I know an Angels freak that was whining about what would they do if they got Beltran without trading Guillen, ie a pachage of Ecstein/Ramone Ortiz, leaving 4 excellent outfielders.  Please, in the American league that is a great problem to have.  Simply alternate DHing.  I would love to have the *problem* of having VladG Beltran GAnderson and Guillen all at once.