Author Topic: Byron Scott to coach the Hornets  (Read 1017 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Byron Scott to coach the Hornets
« on: May 28, 2004, 08:52:04 AM »
No official announcement from New Orleans but Scott has reported that he is the choice.  Also "anonymous" NBA sources have confirmed it.

Unfortuantely for Scott the Hornets are moving to the Western Conference and the toughest division in basketball...the new Southwest division.   Battling SA, Houston, Dallas and Memphis for playoff positioning will be difficult.  And with the Hornets' history of injuries IMO they will have a tough time staying out of the lottery.  They basically have traded 26 games against teams like Chicago, Washington, Orlando & Toronto for games against Utah, Portland, & Denver.

I think that Scott made a bad decision.....unless there were no other coaching positions available to him.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2004, 08:52:31 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2004, 01:11:49 PM »
I'm really surprised that he jumped the gun on this one and didn't want to wait to see what other jobs were available.  I think that NO is a good fit for him -- he likes to run and gun and he can do it with this team -- however, he needs to institute some defensive toughness into this squad -- esp. when you realize the division this team is moving into.  I definately feel sorry for the Hornets because of that -- but hey, perhaps they will realize how weak the East has been and how badly they blew their chances when they had them.

jn

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2004, 01:23:34 PM »
That's a good point about the D Randy.  He does have PJ and Lynch, who having played under Riles and Larry Brown, know about playing for hard nosed coaches.  The question will be whether the younger guys like Magloire will take up the challenge.