Author Topic: Someone has been stabbed at Shaq's shack.....  (Read 3307 times)

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
Someone has been stabbed at Shaq's shack.....
« on: May 21, 2004, 06:13:47 PM »
Dont have much info but according to a radio report I just heard on WFAN, someone has been stabbed at Shaq''s house in LA.

More as the info comes in...........

EDIT: Its even worse......someone's now dead.

But not at his home in LA. Its at another home he owns in Houston.

EDIT: Its even worse news...........someone's dead.

But not at his home in LA. Its at his other summer home in Houston.

Woman killed at Shaquille O'Neal's home
By ERIC HANSON
Copyright 2004 Houston Chronicle

SUGAR LAND -- Fort Bend County authorities are investigating a fatal stabbing that occurred here early this afternoon at a home listed as being owned by Los Angeles Lakers star Shaquille O'Neal.

Authorities identified the woman as Alice Williams, 37, who they said worked as a housekeeper at the home.

The stabbing happened about 12:45 p.m. today, authorities said.

Fort Bend County Appraisal District records show that the house is owned by O'Neal.

Deputies arrested a suspect in the slaying a short distance from the home and charges are pending against the 17-year-old.

Williams was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Life Flight, where she died shortly after arrival.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2004, 06:22:12 PM by NYCdog »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2004, 06:40:14 PM »
Dog,

while realizing this Houston crime is serious, on the subject of the picture part of your post, could you please create and put up a picture of Shrek with Shaqs head on the body?  Also a pic of Shaqs body with Shrek in the headpiece.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2004, 12:20:26 AM »
Dog,

while realizing this Houston crime is serious, on the subject of the picture part of your post, could you please create and put up a picture of Shrek with Shaqs head on the body?  Also a pic of Shaqs body with Shrek in the headpiece.
I've had it; someone is stabbed to death and all you can say is"
"while realizing this Houston crime is serious," and then go on to explain that you would like to see a picture of Shaq's head on Shrek's body.!

How about saying something like, what a tragedy for this woman and her family? How about saying you hope they bring the killer to justice? How about saying something like: "It really puts the triviality of pro sports in perspective?

No, you can't do that Bill, because you are a hateful human being and you disgust me. A woman is murdered in a senseless crime and you just want to see Shaq made fun of, you're a shallow pig for this kind of insensitivity, I daresay no one else on this board has ever been as glib and vile in their lack of passion for another human being, and to all appearances, it is strictly because you hate all things Lakers. You give a dictionary definition for fans with direct reference to myself and sit on your high horse thinking such definitions apply not to yourself but only to someone who's favorite basketball team you happen to loath and hate with an unreasonable vitriol while not realizing the very definition you misapply to someone else has a direct bearing on not just who you like or dislike in a particular sport but to who you are as a person. Well, here's your same dictionary definition for you:

Fanatic—Latin, inspired by a deity.
1. Possessed by or as if by a demon; broadly: crazed, frantic, mad.
2. Governed, produced, or characterized by too great zeal: extravagant, unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic, especially on religious subjects.’

Now apply it to your same “Possessed by or as if by a demon… mad…unreasonable; excessively enthusiastic” hatred of a mere mundane sports team and its players to the point where you give such a dismissive over swipe of an innocent woman’s murder in order to further demonstrate your putrid hate and tell me who is the “fanatic” here!

You are beneath my contempt and if you care to address this on or off the board, feel free to email me at danp123@hotmail.com. However, given your cowardly avoiding the last couple of times I’ve tried to address similar issues with you privately, I doubt you will be man enough to do respond this time either, which is typical of you ilk.

Never forget Bill, it is just basketball, long or short term, it measures 0 against an innocent woman’s life.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 11:19:30 AM by Laker Fan »
Dan

Offline NYCdog

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2004, 08:48:29 PM »
I gotta agree totally with Laker fan on this one........

Sorry Reality, but there was a reason why I choose not to reply to this, nor post the pic photochop you requested. I felt it was in bad timing. At the time I posted this, this was a serious subject. Somebody's life was on the line, and unfortunately, they died. What's even more unfortunate is the fact that the  mother killed was stabbed to death by her own son. That's a very unfortunate situation.

This is in no way meant to be a shot at you or anything Reality, I just feel there is always a time and place for everything. This wasnt the right time, that's all.

Anyways, basketball aside, there is something honorable out of this situation that I think needs to be pointed out.

Everywhere I have posted this, I have gotten the same response.......they go a little something like this.  

"How do you feel about Shaq hooking up his ex with a badd-ass mansion? What do you think Shaq's new wife, Shaunie, thought of having a woman shaq had shacked up with living in one of Shaq's homes? I just think it's strange. I would want any ex far away from my husband etc.........."

Now Im not a Laker or Shaq fan, but I have to give him his well-deserved props here. Most people dont know the situation he is in. But once you understand the situation, I'm sure most of you, Laker fan or Spur fan or any other team's fan, will all agree with me and give the man his props

Here's how it goes........

You see, Shaq's ex that he has hooked up so nicely with the house and cars, Arnetta Yardbourgh, go way back. Yardbourgh was Shaq's High School sweetheart back from their San Antonio Taft High School days. They had a kid together and she thought he would marry her. And for quite a while, it looked that way, like the perfect dream romance situation. But while they were together, it is said that Shaq often frustrated the hell out of her with his ways. She is still somewhat bitter, from what is said. Poor lady. She is really nice and fairly intelligent (she even has a masters).

Anyways, Shaq quite often spends a ton of time, if not the whole summer off-season in the Houston area with his daughter to maintain a close relationship with her, to serve as that father figure for her so-to-speak.

To me, I think that's actually quite honorable and I have to give Shaq his props to him for being a responsible father and not forgetting about his daughter, even though he has moved on from that situation. Most fathers (specifically the young immature so-called player one's) dont do that now a days. They have the kid, and then forget there responsibilities, often splitting for other girls and leaving the mother in a tough situation, raising a kid on their own. Atleast Shaq's not like that. And that's good to see he has his priorities straight and hasnt let the money, power and fame he has gained, get to his head.

It will be interesting to see now how this handled now that he is re-married. Last I heard before this, Shaq was building a new, huge 1 million square foot lake-front ranch in west Houston, just 20 miles from Yardbourgh's residence. This new ranch would be for Shaq to be closer to his daughter, but also to provide a place for Shaunie and the family to live, away from Yardbourgh at the same time.

Something tells me this arrangement, as honorable as it might be, will not work out and cause the inevitable breakup of Shaq and Shaunie. But honestly, for as good of a man and father as Shaq is trying to be on all sides of this, I hope it all works out well for him on this.

I just had to point this out and give Shaq his props for this........

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2004, 10:02:24 AM »
This is in no way meant to be a shot at you or anything Reality, I just feel there is always a time and place for everything. This wasnt the right time, that's all.
Dog and everyone,

Sorry about posting the photo request on this thread.  Bad timing indeed.  Saw "NYCDog" on the thread, it had been a while since you posted, in turn with all the Shrek2 and Shaq photos on the web at present I hastened in my request.  Got too lazy to either scroll down to your other post with all the photo clips of Kobe posted on other teams or wait a day or two and start a new thread.

But i certainly am not calloused to a life being taken.  Initially i did not even read the article you posted, just skimmed it, although i did see that a person was killed i hastened ahead and posted anyways.  Not nice of me.  That someone was killed is not to be taken lightly at all.  My now seeing some the circumstances, it being not just a house owned by Shaq as in a landlord/realtor but a house he bought for his daughter and her mother, that indeed is weighty matter for Shaq.  It would be weighty no matter whom was harmed but being his daughter and his mother in the house makes it even moreso for him.

Thank you for not presumptuously assuming I had ill motive.

Laker Fan since you've made a public attempt to call me out, let me inform the board my reason for not responding to your email to me about my dicussing the movie Mystic River with gaither and others.  Your finding that offensive is your problem.  I chose to not respond.  I have no interest in being preached to or lorded over by yourself.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2004, 10:43:44 AM »
Honestly, you're all acting like a bunch of fags.

Who is Bill **********?

What is Mystic River?

The story was unfortunate and sad but no more or less important that all the other murders happening every day of every week of every month of every year in this physco country of ours.

Take of the skirts gets, let get back to basketball before someone gets "they" feeling hurt.  :crazy:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2004, 11:28:54 AM by WayOutWest »
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

jn

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2004, 10:49:15 AM »
"Take of the skirts gets, let get back to basketball before someone gets "they" feeling hurt. "

WOW I think you have a future writing dialouge for Japanimation films.

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2004, 10:50:25 AM »
Bill, there are so many things about you that I find disturbing and/or offensive, I have trouble enumerating them all, your hypocrisy is just the one that is the most deeply troubling. If you think my "attempt to call you out publicly" dates back to some R rated movie you went to, or that it is the only thing I find nauseous about you, then you are more shallow and hypocritical then even I thought you were, more’s the pity.

In short, you either do everything in your power to offend people deliberately, and you flaunt guidelines and principles you claim you live by in a public forum and then have the nerve to say it is my problem if I find it disturbing; or you have done a masterful job of making people laugh at you, not with you, and have everyone believing you are an ignorant dolt just for the fun of it, I believe it to be the former. You take the one person here who could have been your ally and friend and turn him into someone who sees you as a hypocritical fool and tell him he has a problem with your embarrassing antics that belie your claim to principled morality and say his opinion doesn’t matter. Well Bill, you’re correct, my opinion doesn’t matter, someone else’s does, you’re just too stupid to realize it.

There, was that a better “attempt” to call you out publicly?
Dan

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2004, 11:01:42 AM »
"Take of the skirts gets, let get back to basketball before someone gets "they" feeling hurt. "

WOW I think you have a future writing dialouge for Japanimation films.
Yikes that sucked!

Should have read:

"Take off the skirts gents, let's get back to basketball before someone gets "they" feeling hurt. "
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2004, 11:04:53 AM »
Bill, there are so many things about you that I find disturbing and/or offensive, I have trouble enumerating them all, your hypocrisy is just the one that is the most deeply troubling. If you think my "attempt to call you out publicly" dates back to some R rated movie you went to, or that it is the only thing I find nauseous about you, then you are more shallow and hypocritical then even I thought you were, more’s the pity.

In short, you either do everything in your power to offend people deliberately, and you flaunt guidelines and principles you claim you live by in a public forum and then have the nerve to say it is my problem if I find it disturbing; or you have done a masterful job of making people laugh at you, not with you, and have everyone believing you are an ignorant dolt just for the fun of it, I believe it to be the former. You take the one person here who could have been your ally and friend and turn him into someone who sees you as a hypocritical fool and tell him he has a problem with your embarrassing antics that belie your claim to principled morality and say his opinion doesn’t matter. Well Bill, you’re correct, my opinion doesn’t matter, someone else’s does, you’re just too stupid to realize it.

Dan,

Are you posting someone's real name on a public board?  Did you have his consent?  I know some people don't have a problem with that and have posted their own name, i.e. Joe V, but having someone else do it is a totally different story.

I suggest you edit your post and remove his last name at a MINIMUM!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2004, 11:21:20 AM »
Fair enough WOW, I removed his last name.
Dan

Guest_Randy

« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2004, 11:53:54 AM »

Dan,

Are you posting someone's real name on a public board?  Did you have his consent?  I know some people don't have a problem with that and have posted their own name, i.e. Joe V, but having someone else do it is a totally different story.

Yeah, and WHO gave me permission to post my name too?

Well, it made as much sense as WOW's post!   :eek2:  

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2004, 11:55:49 AM »
Edit 1st name also.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2004, 11:59:08 AM »

Dan,

I understand that living in Seattle could cause "water on the brain", so I'll explain it to you.

You post your real name, cool.

Someone else posts your real name, not cool.

Understand?  

Seeing that you cut and run on the last "hot" debate, I took it easy on you on this one. ;)
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Guest_Randy

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2004, 12:01:43 PM »

Dan,

I understand that living in Seattle could cause "water on the brain", so I'll explain it to you.

You post your real name, cool.

Someone else posts your real name, not cool.

Understand?  

Seeing that you cut and run on the last "hot" debate, I took it easy on you on this one. ;)
Cut and Run?  Umm, no, it's just that when my blood boils to a certain level I quit posting on a topic -- you certainly aren't going to change my mind and you don't have a mind to change anyway.

And that wasn't the post that I was referring to that didn't make sense!