Author Topic: Angles 1 Skankees 0  (Read 1210 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Angles 1 Skankees 0
« on: May 19, 2004, 11:19:34 AM »
zig,

Was front and center for my FrontRunnin Anaheim Angels 11th inning 1-0 victory over NYYankees.  
Most imposing looking batter:  by far Vlad Guerrero.  Also a very smart hitter.  Went the other way for an early single then in the 11th hit the 5.5 hole ala Tony Gwinn to advance the runner who eventually scored the game winner.  Had a walk also, guess it was the 1st at bat he didn't swing at the 1st pitch in like ever.

Aaron Sele might be the best pitcher in MLB his last 4 starts.  Dont know if you ever saw WSU play any Oregon schools but thats where he is from.  Great job of mixing up pitches.

FRod-KRod Francisco Rodriguez.  Looked sharp, altho trend continues of him throwing a huge amount of offspeed stuff, many for balls and many running him from a favorable count to a batters advantage, ie on a 2-2 count he breaks off some crap for a 3-2 count.

Scott Shields.  Fantastic relief.  Has great stuff and 93mph fastball he spots.

Percival.  Lost it.  Whether its injury he is hiding or whatever he continues to look like he has lost it.  Avoided blowing game when Vlad G fired in a throw to the plate in the 9th.  Even then it looked like Angels got a generous call cause Posado looked safe.  Do you know of a good MLB board cause id love to hear from someone who taped it.  Might simple even out tho cause earlier in game Angels appeared to have a run in but Eckstein was called out at 1st.

ARod.  NNyyya while he looked okay he didnt dazzle anyone to be the highest paid player.  

Jeter.  Sneeky and a tough out.  Just a good player.

Kenny Lofton.  Still got it.  Had two singles.  However inexplicably tried to steal third and got nailed late in game.  Wonder if batter missed a sign?

Troy Glauss and Garret Anderson out is going to eventually hurt the Angels i think.
Eckstein is in a bad funk.  Chone Figgins is nails, superb.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 11:28:03 AM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Angles 1 Skankees 0
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 12:06:01 PM »
Shouldnt you be a Padres fan?

This Angel streak is going to be cut short soon.  The injuries will take a toll on the team eventually.  Especially with Glaus going out for the whole season.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Angles 1 Skankees 0
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2004, 12:27:31 PM »
I would have posted words to the tune of Why You Are by Audioslave to decribe the freedom that comes from not being in a manditory One Team For Life Cult.

But with DeReeks Swisher i thought let the conga line celebration go on uninterrupted.

Padres?  Why would i want to support that skank organization?  Did you not follow the whole stadium rip off ordeal?  Yep, we've got raw sewage pouring into our pristine coastlines but who cares when we have a taxpayer funded new baseball only park.  :nonono:

That having been said I have been told the new park is great as far as comfort, lighting, view, etc.

Angels had superb ownership in Disney (hard to believe) and now Artie Moreno is the bomb owner.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2004, 12:28:10 PM by Reality »