Author Topic: What you might not be seeing  (Read 926 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
What you might not be seeing
« on: May 17, 2004, 12:03:14 PM »
I was searching for a Spurs cloth logo to sew on my black with white stripped undies.  But i guess thats one more thing the Swisher Miracle prevented.

Game 5 of course was one of the all time entertainment games.  I was with about 100, roughly 80% Lakers 20% Spurs.  After Kobmes shot the Lakers chanted De-fense De-fense.  Then after Duncars seeming game winner the Spurs mocked back "De-Fense."  It was good natured.  No Krishnas in the house that i knew of.  I knew all too well it was not over.  My take is why of course you had to double team Miracle Kobe, it seems a lob down to Shaq would have been fine.  No way he can catch a ball and shoot it in less then 3 seconds, let alone .4.  Perhaps they feared a tip.  Yep Swisher being lefthanded gave him really the only angle that could have worked.  Too bad GNob couldn't D up tighter on him but you KNOW there was no way they wanted some lame FTs to go Lakers way.  As it was GNob was close but at 6'5" vs 5'11" GNob i thought he would swat that &^%#$.

This talk about how both teams played great in the series?  Huh?  The best the Lakers played to me was 1st half and esp 1st qtr of Game 3.  Other then that neither team put together anything close to a solid 48.  Lakers D was consistent tho.  Phildo made the adjustment to leave the Triangle, Popavitch made zero adjustments.  Phildo in retro and quite obviously threw many bodys at Parker after game 2.  Guess Pop thought the shooters would eventually hit but other then Devin Brown it was abysmal.  WOW i agree Game 6 screamed for Malik Rose.  Also thought TRex provided some much needed emotion when Pouton got the T, but Pops response is to yank TRex  :eek2: .

Big Game Bob throwing the game?  No if you watched he had plenty of deflected passes on D, steals.  But his shooting was abysmal and esp the Game 5 attempt he took with plenty on the shot clock, a one point lead.  Yet he tossed up a three pointer.  I think he was livin in the past on that attempt.
  Turkey flat disappeared, altho he did hit what would have been a pivital 3 pointer down the stretch in the Swisher miracle game.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2004, 12:06:51 PM by Reality »