Author Topic: Derrick Rose  (Read 2530 times)

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
Derrick Rose
« on: April 29, 2012, 11:59:02 AM »
Absolutely hated to see him go down.  There is nothing I would have liked more than to see the Bulls take down the Heat in the East. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
Re: Derrick Rose
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 02:07:53 PM »
I agree, the fact that he was injured so much of the year and the Bulls still played so well speaks to the talent of the team (Boozer notwithstanding) but without Rose they have no shot at coming out of the East.

So tell me JN what do you think of the WC so far? Memphis sure choked last night and the Spurs look like a very well oiled machine, but Bynum was off the charts last night.
Dan

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 08:28:36 PM »
Absolutely hated to see him go down.  There is nothing I would have liked more than to see the Bulls take down the Heat in the East.
Lot of talk about whether or not Thibodeau should have had Rose in the for his 37th minute up 12 with 1:22 to go.
I say he absolutely should have been out but, it's history now.  The style Rose played lends itself to injury.
Yeah full roster Bulls vs Heat would have been good.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2012, 04:36:31 PM »
Dan,

Agreed on  both counts.   After seeing a couple Spurs games early this year I didn't think they had this kind of run in them.   Duncan looked like a mummy at the time.  Of course they had a fantastic record last year too.   Sounds like they are healthier this year though and they have some more veterans on the bench this time. 

The Gasol/Bynum combo is tough.   That much size is simply too much for most teams.   This is far from the Lakers best team but they have a great shot.   We'll see if Mike Brown helps, hurts, or even makes a difference.

Obviously OKC is the other real contender.   I was a little surprise to see them barely beat Dallas at home in the first two games but they were awfully impressive in game 3 in Dallas.   They have two superstars, solid interior D and solid coaching.   

Dallas just doesn't have it this year.   The age of some of their key players and the loss of Chandler mean they are done. 
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 06:54:58 PM by jn »
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2012, 10:07:39 PM »
Agreed Chandler was the X factor in Dallas' run last year.

Spurs are their typical well oiled selves, they play so fundamentally sound it is scary, add to that Ginobili is healthy and Parker having the year he's having they are the team to beat. That said, I will point out that ONCE AGAIN, if they win it all it will be in a strike shortened season (that should comfort WOW).

OKC looks tough but they have big stretches of total lack of offense which could spell doom in a 7 game series, although not against Dallas because they have NO ANSWER for Westbrook, and besides Nowitski they have no worries down low. The same can't be said against LA, too much size upfront, I think LA can take them in 6.

As far as LA is concerned, it is not just their size, it is the addition of Sessions at point, he is major quick and totally fearless, last night they actually started their comeback without Kobe on the floor and Sessions at point and Blake at the 2. Barnes has been playing great ball and Bynum has become everything he should be, he is an absolute BEAST this year, and he has something Shaq never had, consistency at the stripe. All in all they really seem to be jelling right now, they got caught flat-footed last night by a very aggressive Nuggets team and still got within 4 at one point.

I feel real bad for the Bulls, now Noah is down and it looks like it is all over for them. Miami can practically sleep walk through the EC playoffs but once they're in the Finals, if it is OKC, their speed and inside defense can negate at least that hyper over rated Bosh and that leaves them with 2 scoring options, whereas OKC has range all over the floor. Against the Spurs they have ZERO NADA ZIP answer for a healthy Ginobili and a rejuvenated Duncan, not to mention Parker is a legit contender for MVP and no one plays more fundamentally sound basketball. Against LA they will get SCHOOLED inside by Bynum and Gasol and Bosh will get exposed for what he is, WEAK! Session provides speed they were missing  that changes the way teams have to defend them and Kobe is rested and healthy.

I think Miami comes out of the East and falls to one of the big 3 teams out of the West. I am thinking either LA or San Antonio.
Dan