Author Topic: How did MIA steal a game from Indy?!  (Read 2521 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
How did MIA steal a game from Indy?!
« on: May 11, 2004, 09:56:21 AM »
Anyone catch the Miami/Indy game last night?  Talk about a major upset.  I cannot believe Indy dropped a game to this team, AT HOME!  Wow is all I could say after the red lights came on.  I really did think Indy was gonna roll over this team with no problems, obviously I was wrong.

Maybe we should have re-thought who deserved the ROY award?  Lebron didn't make it and Carmelo thought he was the next comming of MJ.  Meanwhile a  certain someone who was barely mentioned (even by us and gosh darn we are good) is getting the job done.  Anyone see his dunk last night over Jermaine?  Ohhhhweeeeee
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2004, 10:48:39 AM »
I didn't overlook Wade....if you go back I said he was the best rookie but just missed too many games with injuries.  IMO he will prove to be the best of an outstanding rookie class.  

And that was an awesome dunk down the lane in the 4th.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Guest_Randy

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2004, 10:51:18 AM »
The fact that Miami found a way to beat Indy last night was INCREDIBLE!  There is NO way that the Heat should be able to beat the Pacers -- esp. by 10+ but that's exactly what they did.  Props to the Heat who did what nobody thought they could -- play David and beat Goliath (well, at least for one game).

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2004, 11:09:26 AM »
The fact that Miami found a way to beat Indy last night was INCREDIBLE!  There is NO way that the Heat should be able to beat the Pacers -- esp. by 10+ but that's exactly what they did.  Props to the Heat who did what nobody thought they could -- play David and beat Goliath (well, at least for one game).
More important they snatched home court from the best team in the league.  I was very impressed.  So much for Odom being a good for nothing pot smoker....he has really helped turn this team around with the rest of the crew.  Much Props (to the thousands of Miami fans on this board :lol: )

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2004, 11:13:02 AM »
More important they snatched home court from the best team in the league.  I was very impressed.
I thought the series was now 2-1.  Indy won both at home & Miami has now held serve on their court.  Very similar to that LALA team......

:ph34r:  
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2004, 11:35:59 AM »
yeah, wk, that game was in miami ;)

difference b/w a good team (which miami has very fastly become) and an upp-echelon team is the ability to win on the road.  Miami can't do that right now.

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2004, 11:38:28 AM »
BTW, was anyone getting pissed at caron butler and his 5 minute free throw ball bounce-twirl while delaying the money ticket game?  shoot the darn ball already.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2004, 11:43:19 AM »
Obviously he went to the Karl Malone school of free throw line preparation.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2004, 11:48:13 AM »
Miami is undefeated at home in this years playoffs.

Wouldn't it be something if Miami was able to hold on their home court?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2004, 12:58:52 PM »
yeah, wk, that game was in miami ;)

difference b/w a good team (which miami has very fastly become) and an upp-echelon team is the ability to win on the road.  Miami can't do that right now.
You mean Indy's colors are not red and black?

LOL @ my HUGE mistake.  The only excuse I can think of for that f-up is that I stopped by my buddies for a bit and he has 3 tvs setup all on different sports games going on....which kept me glancing between games.  Who pays attention to such things like where a team is playing in the playoffs anyways :lol:

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2004, 01:21:49 PM »

It would still mean a second round exit.  They have to win at least one on the road to advance.

ESPN had a graphic this morning that showed Miami was only the 3rd team to win their first 5 playoff games at home and lose their first 5 on the road.  The other two were Laker teams....one lost in the NBA finals and the other lost in the WCF.  I don't remember the years.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2004, 01:23:20 PM by Lurker »
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2004, 02:06:08 PM »

It would still mean a second round exit.  They have to win at least one on the road to advance.

ESPN had a graphic this morning that showed Miami was only the 3rd team to win their first 5 playoff games at home and lose their first 5 on the road.  The other two were Laker teams....one lost in the NBA finals and the other lost in the WCF.  I don't remember the years.
I know they would still lose but it would goto 7 games.  The Pacers need a little drama before they face the Pistons.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"