Author Topic: Props to Tony and the zebra's  (Read 9574 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Props to Tony and the zebra's
« on: May 05, 2004, 10:59:39 PM »
Tony was pretty amazing tonight.  Refs kept the Lakers at arms length in the second half and they just couldn't get over the hump.

Hope the Lakers get some ref love at Staples cause the refs did them dirty in game 2 in San An.

I'm amazed at how much the Spurs role players have grown, you can't stop the Spurs by stopping TD anymore.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2004, 11:28:30 PM »
Props again to the 3 Spurs fans here, although I agree with WOW, the officiating was suspect in the second half. Nevertheless, LA went away from an inside out game, didn't take it into Shaq who was a monster, and it was that that cost us the game, not even Tony Parker torching everyone in sight could have prevented Shaq from winning this one tonight if LA had stuck what was working.
Dan

Offline gaither

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2004, 11:36:12 PM »
Congrats, Spurs fans. You're halfway there.  :)  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2004, 11:49:35 PM »
They are way more than half way there if you take into account playoff history.

Lakers have a huge uphill battle ahead of them.  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2004, 12:44:41 AM »
Right on.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2004, 12:44:42 AM »
Congrats, Spurs fans. You're halfway there.  :)
They are way more than half way there if you take into account playoff history.

Lakers have a huge uphill battle ahead of them.
7-113 doesnt look too good for the Lakers.  They need nothing short of a miracle to beat this team in the series.  Props to the Spurs.  They played the better game tonight and although I didn't really like the officiating the Spurs outplayed the Lakers anyways.  That doesn't mean im not wondering where Reality is to justify the Spurs shooting 19 freethrows in the first half compared to the Lakers 6....why is it when the Lakers get that kind of advantage David Stern's office is hit on the speed dial?  Then when the Spurs get that advantage its just that they were more aggressive, as oppose to the Lakers who never earn their FTs (real fans no need to answer)

You know what is really funny is that the western confrence for the last handfull of years has been all about the big men.  This year in the playoffs its all about the guards like Parker and Bibby.  Both of which are showing their all-star skills in the playoffs.  Then you head back east and its all about Sheed and Jermaine O Neal.  Funny how things flip flop.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 12:45:47 AM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2004, 12:54:47 AM »
Ahhh.  Drinking margaritas and watching the Spurs speed around your MOOAT team.  19-6? Should have been 21-4 were not the farce plays in the last minute both involving ___got Fisher on defense and offense.  Game ends up 30-18 when Lakers trail all the way.   :ph34r:  :ph34r:
Check any Flaker game FTAs when they lead the whole way.  2000-2002 playoffs in particular.

By the way i get thru on the 1st call to Stern.

We lead the whole game, 75% of the 2 game series yet the foul shots are even.

Whiners.  

Your previous years of Krishna FTA rip off advantage had you coming to expect it.  When you now get fair calls against your Lakers you freak out.
Come back and legititmately complain when SA shoots 28 4th qtr free throws.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 01:46:03 AM by Reality »

sf101

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2004, 08:14:36 AM »
Yeah, it was the refs that lost them the game. Not the complete 4th quarter shutdown, not the fact that you only played basketball for quarter and a half the entire game.  LA can't compete against San Antonio. Completely outclassed, looks like a rebuilding year fella's.

I can't even see LA getting past the T-Wolves or Kings. Bet Jomal would love to see that matchup now. :lol:  

Offline SPURSX3

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2004, 08:40:28 AM »
Yes we all know how much of a C-O-N-Spiracy this must be to have the league sway towards san antonio, being that it is such a large tv market and all.  LA being the small tv market it is cant hope to get the refs love this series...sorry guys.

great game!!  man tony in the first quarter alone was incredible!  payton? the glove?  uh huh, more like the bloody glove of OJ now.  damn, this is a team i felt was weaker than last years but still capable of winning!  who would have thought, and to think if the cards fall right we will have a STRONGER team next year!!!
On the set of Walker Texas Ranger Chuck Norris brought a dying lamb back to life by nuzzling it with his beard. As the onlookers gathered, the lamb sprang to life. Chuck Norris then roundhouse kicked it, killing it instantly. The lesson? The good Chuck giveth, and the good Chuck, he taketh away.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2004, 08:49:19 AM »
Was it the same refs that allowed:

Shaq's offensive basket interference.

Bogus offensive foul on Parker when replay showed Fisher had a handful of jersey.

Final play of first half when replay showed George hacking Parker across the forearms.

Kobe slipping to the floor while dribbling and Bowen called for a hold.

Malone's moving block that was called charging on Horry.  Even Kerr & Albert were struggling to justify that call.

Every replay showed that the majority of questionable calls went the Lakers way.  Even to the point that you could hear the fans in the background heckling the refs.

Of course we are back to standard operating procedure....Spurs CANNOT beat the Lakers.  Either the Lakers beat themselves or the refs gave their opponent an advantage.  Sometimes you Laker fans sound as objective as Shaq & Reality.....

:ph34r:
« Last Edit: May 06, 2004, 09:16:06 AM by Lurker »
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2004, 09:29:34 AM »
Your previous years of Krishna FTA rip off advantage had you coming to expect it.  When you now get fair calls against your Lakers you freak out.
Come back and legititmately complain when SA shoots 28 4th qtr free throws.

So much for credibitily.

Of course we are back to standard operating procedure....Spurs CANNOT beat the Lakers.  Either the Lakers beat themselves or the refs gave their opponent an advantage.  Sometimes you Laker fans sound as objective as Shaq & Reality.....

FYI Lurker, please point out where Laker fans on this board stated the Spurs cannot beat the Lakers?  Much like a alot of your posts about the Lakers, this one is just BS.   Your objectivity is non-existant in regards to the Lakers.  Now you want to attribute Reality's commnets about the Lakers as comments made by Laker fans regarding the Spurs.  Either you've got a terrible memory our you're trying to debate like a lame pea-brain politician.

Say it ain't so.  :(  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2004, 09:41:30 AM »
Of course we are back to standard operating procedure....Spurs CANNOT beat the Lakers.  Either the Lakers beat themselves or the refs gave their opponent an advantage.  Sometimes you Laker fans sound as objective as Shaq & Reality.....

FYI Lurker, please point out where Laker fans on this board stated the Spurs cannot beat the Lakers?  Much like a alot of your posts about the Lakers, this one is just BS.   Your objectivity is non-existant in regards to the Lakers.  Now you want to attribute Reality's commnets about the Lakers as comments made by Laker fans regarding the Spurs.  Either you've got a terrible memory our you're trying to debate like a lame pea-brain politician.

Say it ain't so.  :(
And you starting this thread with the following:

Refs kept the Lakers at arms length in the second half and they just couldn't get over the hump.

Hope the Lakers get some ref love at Staples cause the refs did them dirty in game 2 in San An.

This of course would bring howls of derision from Laker fans if the Spurs were to post something similar after a loss.  Face it the Spurs beat the Lakers...not we played bad (excuse after game 1).  Not the refs gave the Spurs love (excuse after game 2).

You, WOW, started the whole issue of blaming the refs.  Then when called on it want brush it off as a fantasy in my mind.  Get real....I expect better from you.  Many of the Laker fans here routinely roast Reality for pulling the ref card but I guess there must be a double standard since you can pull it.

Some minor facts:
Last night  Spurs 25 fouls,  Lakers 21 fouls.
Last night Spurs 60% from the stripe,  Lakers 39%
Total for 2 games  Spurs 51 free throws   Lakers 50 free throws

I sure hope that after two games in Staples that the Lakers only get ONE more free throw than the Spurs.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2004, 09:55:36 AM »
You, WOW, started the whole issue of blaming the refs.  Then when called on it want brush it off as a fantasy in my mind.  Get real....I expect better from you.  Many of the Laker fans here routinely roast Reality for pulling the ref card but I guess there must be a double standard since you can pull it.

There is no double standard and I more than expected to get flack for that post but that's what I thought of that game.  Where did I state the Spurs couldn't beat the Lakers?  I in fact stated that most likely the Spurs would win before the series even started.  You on the other hand just CANNOT be objective about the Lakers.  No big deal, not everyone has it in them.

Some minor facts:
Last night  Spurs 25 fouls,  Lakers 21 fouls.
Last night Spurs 60% from the stripe,  Lakers 39%
Total for 2 games  Spurs 51 free throws   Lakers 50 free throws

I sure hope that after two games in Staples that the Lakers only get ONE more free throw than the Spurs.

I just hope Shaq gets as many non-calls as TD when he hits Spurs players across the arms on shot attempts.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2004, 10:11:03 AM »
FYI Lurker, please point out where Laker fans on this board stated the Spurs cannot beat the Lakers?
"real fan" posted but perhaps you don't count that  :lol:

"Nevertheless, LA went away from an inside out game, didn't take it into Shaq who was a monster, and it was that that cost us the game, not even Tony Parker torching everyone in sight could have prevented Shaq from winning this one tonight if LA had stuck what was working."  

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2004, 10:15:56 AM »
FYI Lurker, please point out where Laker fans on this board stated the Spurs cannot beat the Lakers?
"real fan" posted but perhaps you don't count that  :lol:

?  :huh:  
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"