Author Topic: Wonder if Dan Gilbert is willing to make a retraction?  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Wonder if Dan Gilbert is willing to make a retraction?
« on: January 11, 2011, 11:48:17 PM »
"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER 'KING' WINS ONE"

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5365704

Heat just moved into sole possession of 1st in the Eastern Conf.
Cavs just lost to the Lakers to drop to 8-30.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Wonder if Dan Gilbert is willing to make a retraction?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 04:15:26 PM »
If I were him, I wouldn't.  I'd continue to show a bit of spirit about my team.  "Yes, we're struggling, but we'll build a winner here.  And as for James, need I remind you that he's had championship contending teams before, and he's yet to deliver on one, as we here well know.  WE intend to win one as a team, rather than go somewhere else to have somebody else win one for us."

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why everyone is ridiculing Gilbert.  He's proud of his team;  he's a fan.  I would *WANT* him to be confident and to remain optimistic and competitive.

And as for LeBron, I'd be careful about saying "Karma is a b----."  He might be right.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dan Gilbert is almost in the Don Sterling ilk
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 10:16:41 PM »
Hey Joe!

While I have to chide the thin~skinned LeBron for rising to the bait that Gilbert has chummed the media waters with, it is obvious to even the most disintertested observer that the Cavaliers are dead meat, and will continue to putrify into the forseeable future. Any owner can issue baseless statements about his team that quickly are revealed to be as such, making said owner appear a charlatan. Sadly, even the Clippers are more worthy of respect than the once~proud but now pitiable Cleveland club ~ at least the Clips have Blake Griffin! Well, there's always next millenium Cavs fans...lol

Shaq #1
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Dan Gilbert is almost in the Don Sterling ilk
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 04:34:59 PM »
Hey Joe!

While I have to chide the thin~skinned LeBron for rising to the bait that Gilbert has chummed the media waters with, it is obvious to even the most disintertested observer that the Cavaliers are dead meat, and will continue to putrify into the forseeable future. Any owner can issue baseless statements about his team that quickly are revealed to be as such, making said owner appear a charlatan. Sadly, even the Clippers are more worthy of respect than the once~proud but now pitiable Cleveland club ~ at least the Clips have Blake Griffin! Well, there's always next millenium Cavs fans...lol

Shaq #1

I agree that, at current, the Cavs are dead in the water.  I DON'T agree that it has to continue to be that way.  Mark Cuban showed that you *CAN* turn around the culture of a team.

And are the Clippers worthy of respect?  Is one player SO IMPORTANT that it changes the entire culture of a team?  I can't believe that.  The Clippers are looking better than typical right now, but ultimately, the rotting head at the top will kill the body beneath.  In that regard, I find the Cavaliers future brighter - *IF* Gilbert works at fielding a winner and refusing to accept excuses for why that's not happening.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Rolando Blackman

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - roblkman
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Clips may not be a laughingstock as per usual
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 07:04:16 PM »
Hey Joe!

Well, I of all people am not one to trample on the graves of the dead out of respect, but it is difficult for me to even envision, let alone espy the light at the end of the tunnel for the Cavs. And acknowledge, the Clips whipped the "Big Three" last night, led by the 24~12 tally of Griffin!  No way could the Cavaliers duplicate that feat with how things stand now. Man, Cleveland is really down sports~wise now in every aspect.  I feel ya, brah!   :'(

Shaq #1 
Sellouts to the left of me
Fearmongers to the right
Global Warming is here
Is this the fall of night?

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 07:25:29 PM »
  WE intend to win one as a team, rather than go somewhere else to have somebody else win one for us."
Lebron is "contributing" plenty to the Heat. :D  He's hardly an add on who has to have the title won for him.

None of them did it on their own.
Legit and non l Champs past decade and *someone else winning it for us*:

Timmy Dunks - Ginobili - Parker - Bob Horry Bowen etc
KG - Pierce - Ray Allen the non choking version
Gasol - Joey Crawford - Kobe - Ray Allen the choking version
DWade - Shaq relatively healthy- Joey Crawford
Shaq - Koubee - Bob Delano - Bob Horry etc

We've had this discussion before.
Put any of the legit MVPs on those same Cleveland teams and they don't do any better then Lebron.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 07:33:39 PM »
Thanks Rolando, you're spot on with your assessments.

And in case anyone wants some more info on this subject in black and white:
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/565001-ranking-the-top-10-nba-players-in-winning-percentage#page/1

;D