Author Topic: Who Are The Most Improved Players Thus Far?  (Read 3623 times)

Offline Scout200

• View Profile
    • Email
Who Are The Most Improved Players Thus Far?
« on: December 16, 2010, 09:46:53 AM »
Who are you guys looking forward to seeing with more playing time this year? Who do you think is the most improved player (or players) from last year to this year?

-Scout

Feel the rush...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who Are The Most Improved Players Thus Far?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 05:20:10 PM »
The most improved?  Real hard to say.  I am drawing a blank right now but I'll have to revisit.

There has been a number of guys who have got even better this year over last....I think Durant's game has got much better.  I also think Rose has improved his jumper and his decision making. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 11:46:15 AM »
I don't know about Most Improved, but if they still had "Comeback Player," that has to be the Spurs' Ginobili, and he MIGHT be Most Improved.  Rondo should get some votes as well.  And Stephen Curry should enjoy some support as well.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Scout200

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 12:03:28 PM »
IMO, I'd have to say that Jrue Holiday is the most improved...
Feel the rush...

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 12:57:44 PM »
I don't know about Most Improved, but if they still had "Comeback Player," that has to be the Spurs' Ginobili, and he MIGHT be Most Improved.  Rondo should get some votes as well.  And Stephen Curry should enjoy some support as well.

What did Rondo improve over last year though?  I think the Celtics are healthy and trying harder at the start of the season than last year which is why his numbers shot up from the beging.  Also, as much as Rondo is fun to watch, you can't really throw a 'most improved' vote in the hat for a guy who still hasn't worked on his jumper.  That was a gleaming hole in his game during the finals and his jumper has not improved in form and I see him just as 50/50 about taking  jumpers as he was last year.

And I would argue that Amare Stoudamire is right on heels of Manu for 'Comeback Player' this season.  He is really starting to get it done in New York.

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 01:38:19 PM »
Amare?  What did he come back from?  The horrors of having to play with the best passing PG in the league?

Kevin Love for most improved in my book, though I haven't seen some of the others mentioned here. 
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 02:04:06 PM »
Amare?  What did he come back from?  The horrors of having to play with the best passing PG in the league?

Kevin Love for most improved in my book, though I haven't seen some of the others mentioned here. 

Nagging injuries and his own ego? lol

The Amare we've seen the last 2 years in PHX wasn't the Amare I remember seeing when the Suns were a top team in the West.  I see that old Amare back in New York now.  That is what I was basing my comment on.

Kevin Love I also think has improved as well.  In a category that people overlook.....REBOUNDING!  He has a solid rebounder in college but this guy has been dropping big time rebounding numbers on teams that are solid on the glass.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 02:06:27 PM »
Kevin Love no doubt.

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 05:10:21 PM »
I wouldn't say Love, because to me, he's just getting the minutes he should've gotten last year.

I don't think his 'game' has improved a ton; he's just getting PT.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Laker Fan

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2010, 02:12:53 PM »
Well if we're talking starters, I would go with Ginobili, Rhondo was already at this level last year, Manu really can get comeback AND most improved.

Off the bench I would say Shannon Brown hands down has way stepped up his game, he has been huge thus far for LA
Dan