Author Topic: Congrats Mizzou, Texas Rangers and Giants  (Read 2793 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Congrats Mizzou, Texas Rangers and Giants
« on: October 24, 2010, 12:45:54 AM »
Vancil and Skandery did you two and any of the Missouri hicks go to the game vs Oklahoma?

Texas Rangers we love you for putting an end to New York Skunkies season.  And by we i mean all decent human beings. 

Giants way to put an end to the psuedo mini dynasty.  Howard think you may want to swing the bat next time?

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Congrats Mizzou, Texas Rangers and Giants
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2010, 01:00:06 AM »
Watched the Mizzou game.

If you're OU, you can't turn the ball over three times on the road and expect to win.  And besides, the Sooners were dominated in the trenches - especially on the defensive side of the ball.  I don't think they touched Gabbert once.

Great win for the Tiger program.  Now, we get to go on the road to Lincoln next week and see if we can beat the Nubs.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 01:25:35 PM »
In the early part of my years at Mizzou, I sat through a 77-0 blowout at the hands of Oklahoma.  Over the years, I've really struggled with the Tigers promising to do well, and end up being the same choke-artists they were when I sat through that 77-0 loss.

I finally decided that I'd had enough of Mizzou football, and  declared that I refuse to consider myself a Tiger football fan until they beat Oklahoma 77-0.  We got 7 points of the way there before gagging it up thanks to a Mizzou turnover.

Mizzou is a program that will give you home, and then dash it in a manner which makes no sense.  (See 5th down.)  I'll pass on cheering for them.

I was at work during the game, and the guys had it on radio, but even as I listened, I heerd many of our same tendeencies.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 12:40:13 PM »
^^^ you called it Joe.
7-0 with big bowl sniffing to 7-2 and sinking.

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2010, 04:06:09 PM »
^^^ you called it Joe.
7-0 with big bowl sniffing to 7-2 and sinking.

The Tigers choking is like clockwork.  Like a well-oiled machine.  And usually in embarrassingly humbling ways.  And that's not even knowing what happened this past weekend.  My guess is something pretty brain-dead - a bad turnover at a critical juncture, a horrific penalty, etc.

Joe

-----------

Offline Skandery

• MSN Messenger - skandery27@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 11:14:53 AM »
Nebraska was an away game and the let-down was understandable after a hugely emotional victory.

Texas Tech this past weekend was NO EXCUSE, except the same ole' Mizzou heartbrake.
"But guys like us, we don't pay attention to the polls. We know that polls are just a collection of statistics that reflect what people are thinking in 'reality'. And reality has a well-known liberal bias."

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 11:10:24 AM »
Nebraska was an away game and the let-down was understandable after a hugely emotional victory.

Texas Tech this past weekend was NO EXCUSE, except the same ole' Mizzou heartbrake.

Teams in the top 10 don't have "emotional let-downs" at away games after big victories.  You know why?  Because a victory is a victory is a victory - and it's EXPECTED.  Mizzou wasn't expected to beat Oklahoma, and shouldn't have been...and won't be in the future.  Next time, OU walks out with a victory - because it WASN'T an emotional game for them, and won't be next time.  And they won't have a "let-down" the following week.

The Tigers are choke-artists, plain and simple.
Joe

-----------