Author Topic: Gm 4 Celtics bench Owns!!  (Read 2313 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Gm 4 Celtics bench Owns!!
« on: June 11, 2010, 12:23:40 AM »

Absolutely taking over what was a close, sloppily played game by both teams starters.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Gm 4 Celtics bench Owns!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 08:58:28 AM »
Who would have thought that Glenn Big Baby Davis and Nate Robinson would be big stars and would outplay the Lakers starters and Odom to tie the series.

Amazing that the Celtics did this with Pierce, KG and Rondo on the bench.

That's a good pick of the two of them, with a little drool from the baby!

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 09:49:16 AM »
People shouldn't sleep on Davis.  The guy is a good player and has played well in past years in the Playoffs.  Kind of an Antonie Carr type of guy.

And likewise, people shouldn't count on Nate Robinson.  The guy is a limited shoot-first kind of guy.  Exactly the kind of guy who can shoot you out of a game as quickly as he can shoot you into one.  And coming from the Knicks, I'll be willing to bet he's still got the John Starks stink on him.  (It's only been 16 years since that Game 7 fiasco, and that odor *STILL* hasn't left New York.)

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 10:06:24 AM »
And likewise, people shouldn't count on Nate Robinson.  The guy is a limited shoot-first kind of guy.  Exactly the kind of guy who can shoot you out of a game as quickly as he can shoot you into one.  And coming from the Knicks, I'll be willing to bet he's still got the John Starks stink on him.  (It's only been 16 years since that Game 7 fiasco, and that odor *STILL* hasn't left New York.)
Exactly, which is why coaching regarding Nates playingtime is paramount.  With all the shady advantages the Lakers get, we don't need to see an opposing coach give them more help.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2010, 10:13:50 AM »
The Celtics themselves weren't thrilled with Davis and it wasn't automatic that they signed him.  They're not happy with his work ethic or maturity.  I've always had a thing against Nate, but what he did last night deserves mention. Other than his histrionics in regard to a call, he played nearly flawless basketball, no turnovers and 12 pts. 2 dimes and 2 boards.  He didn't hurt Boston on defense, and he penetrated LA's interior defense multiple times.

Neither of these players are starters in the NBA, IMO, but both of them outperformed in arguably the greatest pressure situation in all of sports. Unlike other sports, in the NBA it's not just one play, but a series of good plays in succession, that determines the outcome.

The last three minutes of the game when the reserves went out was basically garbage time. The Celtics protected the ball, wasted the clock and made free throws.

Both teams shot lousy and couldn't perform very well early in the game.  It was an exceptionally low-scoring game into the third quarter.  I don't know what anyone else was expecting, but 45-42 isn't what I was looking for.  It was a pretty boring game until Bostons' reserves came in and started making shots.