Author Topic: Bosh gives list of 5  (Read 2710 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Bosh gives list of 5
« on: May 21, 2010, 09:04:06 PM »
Assuming it's not just b.s.posturing, Chris Bosh had narrowed his list to 5 choices.
I, for one am extremely disappointed.

Toronto
Chicago Bulls
Los Angeles Lakers
Miami Heat
New York Knicks.

Boshs' agent does add "If LeBron decides to go to either New York or Chicago, I think that's where you'll see Chris land," the source told Ford. "If LeBron stays in Cleveland, I think the process is more wide open."
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5208043

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bosh gives list of 5
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 10:37:10 AM »
If.

If LeBron goes to Chi or NYK,
Bosh goes to NYK
Phil J goes to Chi or NYK if Buss follows thru on the unbelievable b.s. he claims about slashing Phils salary?

Altho I'd rather all the above happen to the Brooklyn Nets,
Go Boston!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 10:44:24 AM »
Well you can easily scratch two off the list.  He is not going to the Lakers, that is for certain.  He also seems to have thrown in Toronto so he doesn't get in trouble for tampering while still under contract.

I would like to see him in Miami with Wade personally.  I think that is a great fit for a bunch of reasons.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »
Waitaminute.  Psssssh.
I just reread the article, initially i thought this info was coming directly from Boshs agent.
"One source said Bosh's decision hinges on where LeBron James signs."

"One source"!???  Freakin espn has been the National Enquirer now for years.  ::)
I'm treating this article as pretty much a fluff/filler/fantacy piece that may or may not coincidentally become true.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2010, 11:22:19 AM »
Well you can easily scratch two off the list.  He is not going to the Lakers, that is for certain. 
Kareem for Dave Myers.
Magic for Gail Goodrich.
Michell Thompson for Peter Germandson.
Kome for Vlade
Gasol for Kwame Brown.
Derek Swisher for free

No, i can see Bosh coming to the Lakers.  ;)  Lemme guess, they unload Bynums knee?

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2010, 11:36:10 AM »
Well you can easily scratch two off the list.  He is not going to the Lakers, that is for certain. 
Kareem for Dave Myers.
Magic for Gail Goodrich.
Michell Thompson for Peter Germandson.
Kome for Vlade
Gasol for Kwame Brown.
Derek Swisher for free

No, i can see Bosh coming to the Lakers.  ;)  Lemme guess, they unload Bynums knee?

Reality, I am going to try to limit my negative responses to you and chill on the petty name calling but you make it tough when you do this and are way off with the situation.  Bosh is a free agent, not a player under contract that they could trade for.  The Lakers do not have the money to pay him nor a spot for him to play at.  He is a max money player.  They couldn't afford him unless they unloaded Gasol AND Bynum.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »
^^ the talk from this *source* was not Bosh signing as a free agent signing but a rather sign n trade which Bosh would favor because he himself would benefit from.
If Bosh leaves, the Raptors would like to work out a sign-and-trade transaction, which under NBA salary cap rules would allow Bosh to sign a longer contract with larger annual raises and boost the value of the deal by about $30 million.

Go ahead and take a look at my list again.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:51:34 PM by Reality »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2010, 03:44:36 PM »
Boshs twitter refers to this article:

Bosh, Agent Deny Giving Raptors List Of Teams
More Raptors News
May 21, 2010 9:08 PM EST

Henry Thomas, the agent for Chris Bosh, said that he has not given the Raptors a list of teams to which his client would be interested in a sign-and-trade deal.
From his Twitter account on Saturday, Bosh linked to this Wiretap story, citing it as a "more accurate" description of where he stands.
"I haven't closed the door on anything," Thomas said. "I haven't given Bryan [Colangelo] any lists. There is no list. This is a process that is ongoing."
Thomas said that Bosh is currently considering his options.
"Why would I do that?" Thomas said about the wish list. "We're still in a process of evaluating a lot different situations."
Thomas also said that Bosh is not committed to a sign-and-trade deal.

"I can't tell you whether it's a priority or not. Is it going to be evaluated? Sure. It will be evaluated," Thomas said of a potential sign-and-trade transaction. "But whether it's a priority, we're still in a process of deciding what the priorities actually are."
Thomas spoke about the possibility of Bosh, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh meeting together prior to free-agency in order to determine their future.
"We haven't decided that yet," Thomas said. "I wouldn't be surprised, for sure, if the guys don't talk to themselves. But as far as there being this big pow-wow, where we're all going to get into a room, that hasn't been decided."
Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/66729/20100521/boshs_agent_denies_giving_raptors_list_of_teams/#ixzz0ogzjC4Lb
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OTOH Colangelo is directly quoted by the theStar of Toronto:
"It has been narrowed down to a handful of teams, including us," Colangelo said, not going into any more details.
http://www.thestar.com/iphone/sports/basketball/nba/raptors/article/812969--bosh-s-wish-list-bulls-lakers-heat-or-knicks#
________________________________________________________________________________________________________
So i imagine this type of speculation will go on until he signs.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2010, 03:53:23 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2010, 12:35:51 PM »
^^ the talk from this *source* was not Bosh signing as a free agent signing but a rather sign n trade which Bosh would favor because he himself would benefit from.
If Bosh leaves, the Raptors would like to work out a sign-and-trade transaction, which under NBA salary cap rules would allow Bosh to sign a longer contract with larger annual raises and boost the value of the deal by about $30 million.

No, it is about going to that team as a FA.  He is opting out of his contract for sure.

Why would the Raptors sign Bosh and then trade him to the Lakers?  Chris Bosh is not better than Pau Gasol and he certainly is too good to be traded for Bynum who's injuries have dropped his stock quite a bit.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2010, 08:55:59 PM »
What, you mean you guys don't have expiring contacts, promising youngsters, and draft picks that you could trade for Bosh?

Bosh won't be a Laker.  There's no reason for him to go there.

My guesses are Miami with Wade, or Cleveland with LeBron in a sign-and-trade.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2010, 09:36:32 PM »

No, it is about going to that team as a FA.  He is opting out of his contract for sure.

Why would the Raptors sign Bosh and then trade him to the Lakers?  Chris Bosh is not better than Pau Gasol and he certainly is too good to be traded for Bynum who's injuries have dropped his stock quite a bit.
Joe, i was actually going to post this to westkoast prior to your most recent post.
At any rate, here it is for both of you.  ;)

Joe Vancil
Re: Who for 2008?
Reply #1 on: June 05, 2008, 08:02:41 PM

Reply by JoeV
Pau Gasol, for Kwame Brown's expiring contract, Javaris Crittendon, a couple of draft picks, and a prospect.

Nah.  Something like that could never happen.