Author Topic: Will the Lakers ever learn? Great comeback by Utah.  (Read 2529 times)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
Will the Lakers ever learn? Great comeback by Utah.
« on: May 02, 2010, 05:16:23 PM »
You can NOT take time off durring the game against a team like the Jazz.  The Jazz play the entire 48 minutes and the Lakers do not seem to be able to sustain their best effort for an entire game.  The Lakers keep playing like this and the Jazz will steal one at Staples and blow the Lakers out in Utah. 

Bynum does not look good, the Lakers MAY be able to get by the Jazz without him but the deeper the Lakers go the less likely they will be able win a series without their starting center.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Will the Lakers ever learn? Great comeback by Utah.
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 02:36:38 AM »
I cant comment on the game as I didn't watch it, I was at the Dodgers game today.  Though I do agree that with out the height advantage the Lakers have with Bynum and Gasol it is going to be a tough road back to the finals.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 01:45:07 PM »
We're not going anywhere without Okur to relieve the pressure on the lane.  We need Kirilenko, and he's not back yet.  And I personally believe that this is one of those places that made Ronnie Brewer worth the extra cash.  And if there's something wrong with Williams, we're not going ANYWHERE.

This isn't going to be a series, much to my disappointment.  Sure, we'll play 48 hard minutes, and the experience is good for Fesenko, but the end result is not in doubt.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 03:26:10 PM »
We're not going anywhere without Okur to relieve the pressure on the lane.  We need Kirilenko, and he's not back yet.  And I personally believe that this is one of those places that made Ronnie Brewer worth the extra cash.  And if there's something wrong with Williams, we're not going ANYWHERE.

This isn't going to be a series, much to my disappointment.  Sure, we'll play 48 hard minutes, and the experience is good for Fesenko, but the end result is not in doubt.

I am surprised at how well Matthews is playing Kobe.  I remember his dad when he was a Laker, he had uber-hoops, he was so explosive.  I've made this statement in the past, the Jazz are one of, if not THE, most talented team in the NBA.  The have a legit player at every single position, there is no weakness, not many teams can say that, the Celtics are the closest with the development of Rando but their new weakness is age and injuries.  The Lakers and Magic are a small step behind those two teams.

I still think this will be a good, potentially scary, series for the Lakers because the Lakers do not play up to their potential and now the injury bug is creeping in to the roster.  The Lakers do not play for the full 48 minutes, let alone every game in a series, so with one stolen game at Staples and solid play at home and the Lakers could be in trouble ala Houston 2009.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 12:37:24 PM »

I still think this will be a good, potentially scary, series for the Lakers because the Lakers do not play up to their potential and now the injury bug is creeping in to the roster.  The Lakers do not play for the full 48 minutes, let alone every game in a series, so with one stolen game at Staples and solid play at home and the Lakers could be in trouble ala Houston 2009.

After last night I disagree.  The Jazz never quit but at the same time their body language and looks on their faces tell me that they don't think they can win this series because they are beat up.  Even when they had been in better shape injury wise they lost to the Lakers the last two years.  I expect them to come out blazing in Utah for game 3 but we will see how they respond down the stretch.  Outside of Deron Williams I don't see anyone in the mind set that they are going to destroy the Lakers.

The Thunder on the other hand truly believed they could beat the Lakers which is why Durant sprawled on the ground after they lost.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2010, 01:08:19 PM »

After last night I disagree.  The Jazz never quit but at the same time their body language and looks on their faces tell me that they don't think they can win this series because they are beat up.  Even when they had been in better shape injury wise they lost to the Lakers the last two years.  I expect them to come out blazing in Utah for game 3 but we will see how they respond down the stretch.  Outside of Deron Williams I don't see anyone in the mind set that they are going to destroy the Lakers.

The Thunder on the other hand truly believed they could beat the Lakers which is why Durant sprawled on the ground after they lost.

I disagree, I think Deron, Milsap, Matthers, and the other guard think they can "Beat L.A.".  Boozer looked like he was starting to come around late in game 2 and I also think they felt they got shafted by the refs.  When you think the refs could have cost you the game then you definately think you not only could have won the game but you SHOULD have won the game.  After a hot start by the Jazz the Lakers took control of the game but Utah still mananged to come back and threaten the Lakers.  I just don't like the way the Lakers are playing at times, they look unbeatable at times vs. the Jazz but then find themselves having to win some key POSSESSIONS.  I do not like it and I am not feeling too thrilled about their playoff run this year.
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2010, 11:56:20 PM »

I disagree, I think Deron, Milsap, Matthers, and the other guard think they can "Beat L.A.".  Boozer looked like he was starting to come around late in game 2 and I also think they felt they got shafted by the refs.  When you think the refs could have cost you the game then you definately think you not only could have won the game but you SHOULD have won the game.  After a hot start by the Jazz the Lakers took control of the game but Utah still mananged to come back and threaten the Lakers.  I just don't like the way the Lakers are playing at times, they look unbeatable at times vs. the Jazz but then find themselves having to win some key POSSESSIONS.  I do not like it and I am not feeling too thrilled about their playoff run this year.

Boozer has never been that type of player in the playoffs and I don't think it is happening this year either.  Missing two key starters and losing the last two years to the Lakers is a mental let down.  With those two guys out they are short on the court and in their minds (in my opinion, not saying this is gospel)  A Jerry Sloan team will never quit but some of them are lacking that fire. They are in gear 3 of 4.   

As far as the Lakers not looking great, like you mentioned in the other thread, I totally agree.  I am not all that impressed by them either.  If the Jazz were healthy and the Lakers were playing this way they would have stolen home court already with the Lakers looking like dog meat in Utah.  Injuries or not they look to be lacking that same fire.

On a side note, watching Deron Williams play basketball is a treat.  Watching him shred the Lakers in Utah is going to be awesome and painful at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 11:59:27 PM by westkoast »