Author Topic: Regular Season Awards  (Read 5278 times)

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Regular Season Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2010, 10:49:07 AM »

Why is it assumed the reason that OKC did so well is because of what Scott Brooks did,

I think its safe to say that the poise, confidence, and discipline that this team is showing in the playoffs does point to the coach.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2010, 01:24:39 PM »

Why is it assumed the reason that OKC did so well is because of what Scott Brooks did,

I think its safe to say that the poise, confidence, and discipline that this team is showing in the playoffs does point to the coach.

COY  -  Sloan

Please explain.  He didn't really come to mind as he has in years past.

Why is it assumed the reason that OKC did so well is because of what Scott Brooks did, or Milwaukee's improvement was because of Skiles?

OKC was so much better because Durant, Green, and Westbrook made big leaps forward, not necessarily because of what Brooks did. 

I am not arguing that Scott Brooks has not done a good job, and I am not saying that just anyone else could have done the same thing.  My point is simply that the the OKC success is much more related to Durant, Green, and Westbrook taking a big step forward, not that Scott Brooks did something magical.  I am just attempting assign the relative contribution of each, albeit in a purely subjective way.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 01:12:13 AM »

COY  -  Sloan

Please explain.  He didn't really come to mind as he has in years past.

Why is it assumed the reason that OKC did so well is because of what Scott Brooks did, or Milwaukee's improvement was because of Skiles?

OKC was so much better because Durant, Green, and Westbrook made big leaps forward, not necessarily because of what Brooks did. 

I am not arguing that Scott Brooks has not done a good job, and I am not saying that just anyone else could have done the same thing.  My point is simply that the the OKC success is much more related to Durant, Green, and Westbrook taking a big step forward, not that Scott Brooks did something magical.  I am just attempting assign the relative contribution of each, albeit in a purely subjective way.

I don't think he did anything magical and I do believe that he helped Durant, Green, and Westbrook take big steps forward.    Jerry Sloan is always a good choice.  I think you make a great argument for him.  Usually a good one can be made for Jerry more often than not.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 11:20:27 AM »
I'm still very high on my Scott Skiles pick, although I'm pretty much disgusted by the guy as a person.  But let's face it - Milwaukee made the playoffs as the 5 seed, and that's without Michael Redd, and down the stretch, without Andrew Bogut.  MILWAUKEE?  How many of you had them doing *ANYTHING* this year?  I sure didn't.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!