Author Topic: Larry Brown best rebuilder ever  (Read 16334 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Larry Brown best rebuilder ever
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2010, 09:52:16 AM »
Somebody hasn't had their Newport Beach Starbucks Orange Mocha Frappacino yet?  You never did respond when i asked if you resembled the Butler reserve guard and you've had much much more time then i have had to respond.

Btw i was in Newport Beach yesterday and will have some interesting stock news.
After winning the 1st two games, Clips had a chance to virtually ice the series (imo) after going up by 3 with 1 second left on the clock.  Un huh.  Up 3, 1 second to go.  Suns to inbound.
Now do ya think that maybe, just maybe you might want to guard against the trey?  Idiotic Clipper defender fails to do so and Suns grease out with a trey by Raja Bell.  Go on to win.
That's a gift.  That ain't being better. 
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 09:54:43 AM by Reality »

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2010, 11:10:47 AM »

After winning the 1st two games, Clips had a chance to virtually ice the series (imo) after going up by 3 with 1 second left on the clock.  Un huh.  Up 3, 1 second to go.  Suns to inbound.

From NBA.com...
PHOENIX 4, L.A. CLIPPERS 3
Gm 1: PHX 130, LAC 123
Gm 2: LAC 122, PHX 97
Gm 3: PHX 94, LAC 91
Gm 4: LAC 114, PHX 107
Gm 5: PHX 125, LAC 118 (2OT)
Gm 6: LAC 118, PHX 106
Gm 7: PHX 127, LAC 107

Clippers lost GAME 1.  Revisionist history can be disproved.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2010, 11:15:18 AM »
Still 2-2 when the game in question is played.

Lurking around desperately seeking clerical errors.  :D

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2010, 12:07:01 PM »

From NBA.com...
PHOENIX 4, L.A. CLIPPERS 3
Gm 1: PHX 130, LAC 123
Gm 2: LAC 122, PHX 97
Gm 3: PHX 94, LAC 91
Gm 4: LAC 114, PHX 107
Gm 5: PHX 125, LAC 118 (2OT)
Gm 6: LAC 118, PHX 106
Gm 7: PHX 127, LAC 107

Clippers lost GAME 1.  Revisionist history can be disproved.

Enough already Lurker, let's get back to the topic of the thread...had Micheal Jordan not semi-retire from the NBA to play football for two years durring the 90's would the Denver Nuggets still have come out of the Eastern Conference to win their title?  Would Billy Owens still have won the Finals MVP?
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2010, 12:13:21 PM »
^^ tries to turn a thread on Larry Browns accomplishments into another Laker Brownozing thread, this time on Jerry West.  ;) :D

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2010, 02:49:35 PM »
Somebody hasn't had their Newport Beach Starbucks Orange Mocha Frappacino yet?  You never did respond when i asked if you resembled the Butler reserve guard and you've had much much more time then i have had to respond.

Btw i was in Newport Beach yesterday and will have some interesting stock news.
Now do ya think that maybe, just maybe you might want to guard against the trey?  Idiotic Clipper defender fails to do so and Suns grease out with a trey by Raja Bell.  Go on to win.
That's a gift.  That ain't being better. 

What are you even talking about?  Looking like Butler guards?  I asked you a simple question, explain to me why the Clippers were better than the Suns, answer that.  Don't make bs up about Butler guards or ask about Starbucks.  Just talk basketball.  If you actually were funny and people had any idea wtf you are ever talking about we may give you a pass.  However, none of us get your "jokes" and it comes off as utter and complete bs so please stick to talking basketball.  This is a basketball message board.

Oh and btw, your break down is wrong.  Not that anyone is surprised.  Though I am sure if I continue to read the rest of the thread someone else already told you this.  The Clippers did not win the first game.   So let's try this AGAIN Reality if it is so easy to explain then please tell us why the Clippers are better than the Suns  Being 2-2 in a series and then LOSING that series doesn't make you the better team.  Sorry, that is actually the OPPOSITE of how that actually goes down.

- Suns had a better record
- The MVP
- Won the division that both teams are in
- Beat the Clippers in a playoff series
- Had them beat in most statistical categories for the year

You are going to have to do much better than 'they were tied 2-2 in the series at one point' to refute the above.  So put that thinking cap on and try again.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:54:14 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2010, 04:00:18 PM »
RealMVP was truly Timmy Duncan.  Nash getting the Media Valuable Player means little.

Season series 2-2.
Playoff series the Clips wins much more convincing then the Suns wins up til game 7.

You have skirted around -as usual- the pivotal series changing play i mentioned.
You also DO get my Starbucks reference, since it is referring to you.

Discuss basketball.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2010, 04:33:01 PM »
RealMVP was truly Timmy Duncan.  Nash getting the Media Valuable Player means little.

Figures.  Typical lame blame the media or back door league conspiracy theories.  What is it like to thinking so highly of yourself that even if the entire world disagrees with you that they are all the idiots?  Duncan was 7th in MVP voting.  Hardly up there with the rest of the guys in the running

Stats say otherwise though Reality because Steve Nash scored more points, had more assists, shot a better percentage from the field and shot a better percentage from the line.  He also led the entire league in assists, ft %, and true shooting percentage.

Season series 2-2.
Playoff series the Clips wins much more convincing then the Suns wins up til game 7.

So a TIE automatically goes in the favor of the team you personally choose? LOL  Its crazy how much you are into your own self to where in a debate you honestly and truly believe a TIE should fall to your side of the debate.

THEY LOST THE SERIES.  THE BETTER TEAM WINS THE SERIES AND THEY DID NOT WIN THE SERIES.  AGAIN THE CLIPPERS LOST A 7 GAME SERIES TO THE SUNS. I HOPE CAPS WILL HELP YOU UNDERSTAND THIS POINT.

You have skirted around -as usual- the pivotal series changing play i mentioned.
You also DO get my Starbucks reference, since it is referring to you.

Discuss basketball.

I didn't address your ASININE point for two reasons:

1) That doesn't prove the Clippers are the better team, it actually proves they are not the better team.  Either hitting big shots or getting big stops at important parts of a playoff series is what separates good teams from great teams. That is what we are debating about now.  Just need to remind you since you have a problem keeping up on things you bring up yourself.

2)  YOU ALWAYS try to do this angle where if the team who wins isnt the one you personally wanted to win than they were gifted.  Again this comes back to your love for all things Reality, a team only wins if thats the team you want to win.  If it is a team you don't want to win well then a good play turns into a 'pivital series changing play' that either the refs helped out with or a player choked on purpose or any other reason than the team you don't think should win made a nice play.  A guy makes a nice shot and instead of understanding plays are ran to get certain players open you always come back to this idea that the game was handed to the other team because the defensive player didn't block the shot.  For someone who claims to be a basketball expert it truly amazes me how you've yet to understand that offensive players have the upper hand in this league.  On top of that you fail to realize its easy to know exactly how to defend a player AFTER THE FACT when you watch it IN SLOW MOTION on a sports news channel or online.

For the third time Reality, please explain to me how the Clippers were better than the Suns that year.  So far "being tied in the regular season series" "The Clippers almost kept Raja Bell from nailing that 3" and "The Clippers one game 1 of the playoff series" are not working.  Keep trying.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 04:44:49 PM by westkoast »

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2010, 05:01:30 PM »
I'm still asking myself how anyone thinking that the team that didn't come close to winning the diviision was better than the team the won the division.

Or how the team that finished in the bottom half of the seedings is supposed to be better than the team that finished in the top half of the seedings.

Or, how, if the Clippers would have won, Reality would have called it an "upset," yet if they lost, it would also be an "upset."  (see footnote 1)

Some things defy rational explanation.  Apparently, this is one of them.  Funny how that always seems to happen when we're dealing specifically with Reality.

<enter Reality mode>

And this coming from a guy who said Oklahoma City wouldn't win 50 games.

<exit Reality mode>

Now that Reality's thunder for that statement has been effectively stolen, perhaps he'll address the questions posed to him in this thread.  But if you want a safer bet, bet that he'll harp on my OKC prediction.

-----
(1)  Given that implied statements can be attributed the weight of actual statements (see the OKC thread), I'm using the current thread to extrapolate on Reality's behavior, even though he himself did not make the statements noted by the footnote.  He merely implied each.

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2010, 12:05:51 PM »
westkoast So a TIE automatically goes in the favor of the team you personally choose? LOL  Its crazy how much you are into your own self to where in a debate you honestly and truly believe a TIE should fall to your side of the debate.
  You brought up the Suns better reg season record as part of your stance that the Suns were better.
Joe V I'm still asking myself how anyone thinking that the team that didn't come close to winning the diviision was better than the team the won the division.
It takes you quite a while but let me address you both on this.
You'll find in my writings a thread i did on Best Record = Championships?  While home court advantage for the Finals wins at a good clip, the reg season best record is certainly not the key to a playoffs run.  Now as to the Suns, have not you two seen enough of their glitzy reg season record only to fail during the playoffs?  Granted, they ran into the healthy Timmy Dunkan Spurs at times when the Spurs were so good they could overcome Pops incompetence.

The game changes during the playoffs vs regular season.  Gets more physical, court shortens up.  The run n gun Suns putting up YMCA numbers simply failed to produce a title.  Actually the same thing happened to Nash in Dallas.  Please refrain from usual stupid comments "So you're saying Nash is all to blame for Dallas and Phxs failures?"  I'm saying Nash had a fantastic year.  Indeed the Suns had to come back from a 1-3 deficit in round 1 to the LA Lakers!  :D  Which leads to a second point you use.

Nash was MVP.  Since I am talking about a playoff game between Clips and Suns, don't wanna get too sidetracked on the regular season MVP.  Notice what i wrote above about the differences between playoff ball and reg season ball?  Timmy Dunks played the entire reg season and playoffs with severe plantar facias yet still owned Dork Novitiski and the Mavs in what should have been a back to back Championship.  Nash had a fantastic reg season, no doubt.  MVP?  Not in my book.  At any rate who was on the voting list?  Westkoast you said Timmy Dunks was #7 in the lame sportswriters voting.  It was actually....

Elton Brand.  Eltie Brand had a career best in what had been an already excellent career.  24/10 along with excellent D.  I have no problem with Eltie getting MVP votes and he would have been much higher then 7th in my voting.
westkoast - Won the division that both teams are in
Joe V Or how the team that finished in the bottom half of the seedings is supposed to be better than the team that finished in the top half of the seedings.
14-5 and took over sole 1st place after punking Phx 101-91 as both teams entered the game at 13-5.
What happened?  Corey Megette went down and would play only 32 reg season games.  I've never been big on MeGette but he had a career year going and was most def the 2nd scoring option opposite Brand.  Was doing about 18 pts a game and pulling some decent rebounds along with his always getting to the free throw line/causing the opponent foul trouble.
Shaun Livingston also went down.  That is why the Clips fell as far as they did in the reg season.
You may have been too busy watching Kobes Bryant lead the Lakers to a .500 record and Vancil probably doesn't even know where or what California is.
westkoast i think you will be reasonable on this injury point but if not, lets just compare the Lakers season and playoffs with and without their #2 guy.

westkoast   1) That doesn't prove the Clippers are the better team, it actually proves they are not the better team.  Either hitting big shots or getting big stops at important parts of a playoff series is what separates good teams from great teams. That is what we are debating about now.  Just need to remind you since you have a problem keeping up on things you bring up yourself.

2)  YOU ALWAYS try to do this angle where if the team who wins isnt the one you personally wanted to win than they were gifted.  Again this comes back to your love for all things Reality, a team only wins if thats the team you want to win.  If it is a team you don't want to win well then a good play turns into a 'pivital series changing play' that either the refs helped out with or a player choked on purpose or any other reason than the team you don't think should win made a nice play.  A guy makes a nice shot and instead of understanding plays are ran to get certain players open you always come back to this idea that the game was handed to the other team because the defensive player didn't block the shot.  For someone who claims to be a basketball expert it truly amazes me how you've yet to understand that offensive players have the upper hand in this league.  On top of that you fail to realize its easy to know exactly how to defend a player AFTER THE FACT when you watch it IN SLOW MOTION on a sports news channel or online.
Hardly an "AFTER THE FACT" analysis when a team that is up by 3 with one second to play fails to defend against a three.  Why even bother guarding the two?  That is kindergarden level requirement to know this.  In Dumbleavys defense, he told the team that during the timeout. 

Yes it could be hard to say the Clippers were "better".  I would say the Suns were "less worse" in accepting the Clippers gift.  My point on Clips being better was the above.  I still think they had the better roster but in giving up the gift trey and game and imo series i guess they were not "better".

Joe V Now that Reality's thunder for that statement has been effectively stolen, perhaps he'll address the questions posed to him in this thread.  But if you want a safer bet, bet that he'll harp on my OKC prediction.
And this "safer bet" you just made has the same result as your mega failed OKC prediction.  Which you are still butthurt over.  Wow, I've been willing to move on for quite some time.  What's it going to take to get you to sincerely get over it?

« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 12:17:22 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2010, 01:18:23 PM »
You brought up the Suns better reg season record as part of your stance that the Suns were better.

Having a better overall record is better than having a tie with another team.  The Suns were the better team and beat MORE teams MORE often.  Even you can't be this stupid.

14-5 and took over sole 1st place after punking Phx 101-91 as both teams entered the game at 13-5.
What happened?  Corey Megette went down and would play only 32 reg season games.  I've never been big on MeGette but he had a career year going and was most def the 2nd scoring option opposite Brand.  Was doing about 18 pts a game and pulling some decent rebounds along with his always getting to the free throw line/causing the opponent foul trouble.

And here is where I am going to put the nail in the coffin.  Not only have I provided many facts as to why the Suns were the better team I held out, on purpose, mentioning that they did all this while missing Amare Stoudamire.  The reason being is you are so predictable with your typical debating and bsing that I thought I'd wait a minute before fully putting you into the ground once you  painted yourself into a corner.   See you go the typical route of 'blaming the coach for everything on the court' to using an excuse like 'the refs helped' or 'the other team didn't win because really that was a simple play to defend after I saw it on espn' to making excuses about 'injuries'.  I knew injuries was the last stop on the tard-train so I saved it for last.

.Amare Stoudamire was gone the ENTIRE season.  This also applies to your comment to Joe V about the "RealMVP" a large part in why Nash won the MVP again was the fact they still were at the top of the heap in the western conference even after losing their inside presence and second best player to a knee injury.  So once again, stop thinking so highly of yourself where you keep acting like what you think should happen its 'really how it is' and everyone else are idiots.  YOU ARE THE IDIOT.

You may have been too busy watching Kobes Bryant lead the Lakers to a .500 record and Vancil probably doesn't even know where or what California is.
westkoast i think you will be reasonable on this injury point but if not, lets just compare the Lakers season and playoffs with and without their #2 guy.

No, the Suns lost their second best player and their inside game with Amare going down.  So really injuries are not worth bringing up as an excuse to try to spin this in your favor.   If you want to bring up injuries than once again it proves the Suns are the better team because of what they accomplished even with out their all-star.

Losing a 17 and 5 player for 38 games is not quite the same as losing a guy who was 26 and 9 the year before for the entire season.  Let's not even talk about playoff contributions between the two either.  Amare has gone off for 40 point 15 rebound games in the playoffs. 

Hardly an "AFTER THE FACT" analysis when a team that is up by 3 with one second to play fails to defend against a three.  Why even bother guarding the two?  That is kindergarden level requirement to know this.  In Dumbleavys defense, he told the team that during the timeout.  

What is kindergarten level requirement to know  is plays are drawn up with multiple options.  In basketball the offensive player has the upper hand because they dictate what happens.  The defensive aspect of the game is based on reaction to what the offensive player is doing.  Maybe you don't remember the play as clearly as you think you do.  I suggest you go find that clip again.

Yes it could be hard to say the Clippers were "better".  I would say the Suns were "less worse" in accepting the Clippers gift.  My point on Clips being better was the above.  I still think they had the better roster but in giving up the gift trey and game and imo series i guess they were not "better".

"Less worse" are you f-ing kidding me?

You have no point on the Clippers being better.  Literally none.  Nothing you've said proves they are the better team.   Let's just run down your lame attempts:

- The Clippers suffered injuries (but ignored the fact the Suns didn't have Amare Stoudamire)
- The Clippers tied the Suns in the regular season series so they are automatically equal in the standings regardless that the Suns won more games overall
- The Suns were NOT the better team because the Clippers were the ones who messed up the Raja Bell 3 play, it wasn't that the Suns offense was superior
- Even though the Suns won the playoff series it wasn't because the Clippers sucked but because Dunleavy sucked (hmm where have we heard this theme)

Did I miss anything? 

I admire your rock solid stubbornness and LSD-esque delusion.  I really do.  Clearly you are wrong yet you will fight tooth n nail to find any minute and pretty much irrelevant point to convince yourself you are right.  What makes it worse for you is the fact you can't try to shield yourself, like you do with Joe, by over blowing one opinion on how well a team will do 6 months ago as some kind of escape route from losing a debate badly.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 01:35:44 PM by westkoast »

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2010, 03:06:35 PM »
Reality Hardly an "AFTER THE FACT" analysis when a team that is up by 3 with one second to play fails to defend against a three.  Why even bother guarding the two?  That is kindergarden level requirement to know this.  In Dumbleavys defense, he told the team that during the timeout.

What is kindergarten level requirement to know  is plays are drawn up with multiple options.  In basketball the offensive player has the upper hand because they dictate what happens.  The defensive aspect of the game is based on reaction to what the offensive player is doing.  Maybe you don't remember the play as clearly as you think you do.  I suggest you go find that clip again.
You think a team up by 3 with only one second to defend an inbounds needs to worry about a two pointer.  You've proven me "wrong" again.  :D :D
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 03:08:30 PM by Reality »

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2010, 05:07:56 PM »
Nah Reality, we are not playing the game of you bringing up one teeny tiny irrelevant point to the argument of which team is better to try to side step the rest of what was said.  Address the ENTIRE post or STFU.  That really is what is coming down to. 

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2010, 05:23:04 PM »

No, the Suns lost their second best player and their inside game with Amare going down.  So really injuries are not worth bringing up as an excuse to try to spin this in your favor.   If you want to bring up injuries than once again it proves the Suns are the better team because of what they accomplished even with out their all-star.

Losing a 17 and 5 player for 38 games is not quite the same as losing a guy who was 26 and 9 the year before for the entire season.  Let's not even talk about playoff contributions between the two either.  Amare has gone off for 40 point 15 rebound games in the playoffs. 

westkoast, why bother arguing with an idiot?  What an idiot does is get you down to his level and then beats you with experience.  ;D  I forget if that's how it goes or where I heard/read it but it cracks me up.  Moronity wants to use "injuries" to help his argument and in the same breath disses a .500 club who was at the TOP of the division then lost 2 or 3 starters.  Does that idiot realize that he's dissing the Clippers by dissing the .500 Lakers? They had the exact same problem with injures, at the top of the heap record wise but then tumble after injuries.  Does that idiot realize that?  Probably not, he's too stupid to carry on a legit debate.

How did this thread about Larry Brown being a rebuilder, which other have pointed out he is clearly NOT, turned into a debate about the Clippers vs the Suns?  Leave it to Retardity to spin so far away from being OWNED again in HIS thread that he's dragged you and Joe to the outer limits of the "spin zone".  Do you guys STILL not see the value of the "Ignore" feature?

Carry on with your ownage but beating a retard gets borring after a while.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2010, 09:02:07 AM »
Nah Reality, we are not playing the game of you bringing up one teeny tiny irrelevant point to the argument of which team is better to try to side step the rest of what was said.  Address the ENTIRE post or STFU.  That really is what is coming down to. 
The teeny tiny irrelevant point of the play that made it 3-2 in favor of one team or the other.
You're the one that needs to STFU!  :D

Lets address more of your post, legit as well as fabrications:
- The Clippers suffered injuries (but ignored the fact the Suns didn't have Amare Stoudamire)
True.  But shouldn't Amare being out for the series yet MeGette being back have increased the chances for the Clippers to win?
Are you going to address the other Clippers out, like Shaun Livingston?or

- The Clippers tied the Suns in the regular season series so they are automatically equal in the standings regardless that the Suns won more games overall
A fabrication made by you. 

- The Suns were NOT the better team because the Clippers were the ones who messed up the Raja Bell 3 play, it wasn't that the Suns offense was superior
You are learning.  Again, a team with a 3 point lead and only a 1 second inbound play to defend most definitely has the upper hand.  Yes a kindergardener level basketball mind knows that.  Oh i see W.O.W. is here.  He would not know.

- Even though the Suns won the playoff series it wasn't because the Clippers sucked but because Dunleavy sucked (hmm where have we heard this theme)
I posted Dunleavy told the Clips to defend against the trey during the timeout.
As to where have "we" heard Dunleavy sucks, plenty of NBA observers.  Whats W.O.W. posted about him?  ;)
Now as to addressing your post, you've sidetracked on:
You'll find in my writings a thread i did on Best Record = Championships?  While home court advantage for the Finals wins at a good clip, the reg season best record is certainly not the key to a playoffs run.  Now as to the Suns, have not you two seen enough of their glitzy reg season record only to fail during the playoffs?  Granted, they ran into the healthy Timmy Dunkan Spurs at times when the Spurs were so good they could overcome Pops incompetence.

The game changes during the playoffs vs regular season.  Gets more physical, court shortens up.  The run n gun Suns putting up YMCA numbers simply failed to produce a title.  Actually the same thing happened to Nash in Dallas.  Please refrain from usual stupid comments "So you're saying Nash is all to blame for Dallas and Phxs failures?"  I'm saying Nash had a fantastic year.  Indeed the Suns had to come back from a 1-3 deficit in round 1 to the LA Lakers!  Cheesy  Which leads to a second point you use.

Nash was MVP.  Since I am talking about a playoff game between Clips and Suns, don't wanna get too sidetracked on the regular season MVP.  Notice what i wrote above about the differences between playoff ball and reg season ball?  Timmy Dunks played the entire reg season and playoffs with severe plantar facias yet still owned Dork Novitiski and the Mavs in what should have been a back to back Championship.  Nash had a fantastic reg season, no doubt.  MVP?  Not in my book.  At any rate who was on the voting list?  Westkoast you said Timmy Dunks was #7 in the lame sportswriters voting.  It was actually....

Elton Brand.  Eltie Brand had a career best in what had been an already excellent career.  24/10 along with excellent D.  I have no problem with Eltie getting MVP votes and he would have been much higher then 7th in my voting.
Props to Nash for the reg season without Amare.  Now as to the difference between reg season and playoffs.....