Author Topic: Larry Brown best rebuilder ever  (Read 16342 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Larry Brown best rebuilder ever
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2010, 03:17:11 PM »
"Rejuvinate" better?

'sause have W.O.W. explain how the 2006 Clips were better then the Suns.  If he fails, I'll take over.

Lurkerkoast
And this was his "great" season of rebuilding that ended 41-41. 
Still slidin around the question of what other Clips coaches did back to backers?  Bub bye.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2010, 06:56:00 PM »

Still slidin around the question of what other Clips coaches did back to backers?  Bub bye.

What does Clippers back to back playoffs have to do with the thread?

If Brown is so great for back to back playoff showings then how good is Pop for having the second longest streak of 50 win seasons ever?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2010, 07:04:43 PM »

If Brown is so great for back to back playoff showings then how good is Pop for having the second longest streak of 50 win seasons ever?
Give Larry Brown Timmy Dunks and three other HOFs.
Give Popped the 91 and 92 Clippers. 

Yes, I'm all for that!!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2010, 07:21:56 PM »
"Rejuvinate" better?

Man I wish I could just change my mind on what I am debating mid way through just so I could try to be right.  I am not sure why politicians don't do more of this on the national stage.

'sause have W.O.W. explain how the 2006 Clips were better then the Suns.  If he fails, I'll take over.

Nah, let's have WOW sit this one out so you can flex your mental muscle for us.  PLEASE explain to me how the Clippers were better if the Suns beat them in most statistical categories, won the division both teams are in, made it farther in the playoffs, and had that years MVP.

Lurkerkoast
And this was his "great" season of rebuilding that ended 41-41. 

Do any of us need better proof he doesn't fully read threads?  I said on the very first page, in plain english, that no other Clippers coach has done that.  Not sure what point you are still trying to prove here.  He didn't rebuild the Clippers and Lurker provided information that saying when he played with the roster they dipped.

Saying he has breathed air into many teams is true.  He also has moved around more than any coach I can possibly think of other than Don Nelson.  That certainly has something to do it.  Don Nelson has "rejuvenated" quite a few franchises as well.  He just doesn't have a championship under his belt. [Reality]  He came close but the dark Lord David Stern made sure that Dwayne Lame the leagues pretty boy face who hawks cell phones and shoes got the title by sending him to the line constantly[/Reality]
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 07:27:53 PM by westkoast »
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2010, 10:25:33 PM »

??? What does this thread have to do with back to back playoffs?   :-\

Greatest rebuilder of all time is Jerry West since no team in history has rebuilt and then won titles faster than the Lakers (Showtime to ShaKobe).  Can't give Bitch Cupcake or Popazit credit since they have had at least one cornerstone on all their title teams (Kobe/TD).  Dumars, Nellie, Ainge, and whoever runs the Suns are all way ahead of Larry Brown.  I don't consider Larry Brown a rebuilder, he's more of a "get the most out of what you have" type of guy.  He's almost as good as Nellie at making the best of the limited talent he's given.  IMO LB is probably one of, if not, THE greatest teaching coach I have ever seen.

"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2010, 07:41:38 AM »
Dunleavy's situation over the past 3 years and Larry Brown's were different.  What's funny is you want to champion a 41-41 record and a first round spanking (even tho it was a dip from the year before) but completely ignore Dunleavy's 47-35 coaching season in which the Clippers made it to the second round of the playoffs.
awww.  Wu donwt wike being quoted, do wuuu?

Dumbleavys team should have been at least WCFs.  The second round punking was lame.

You actually think they were better than the Suns?  I sure don't.  If those seedings were done the way they're done now, The Clippers are gone in the first round.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2010, 07:51:19 AM »
So now Browns accomplishment at Clipperville is downplayed "because he didn't rebuild the team."
Right on Rad.

Nope.  He isn't down-playing Brown's accomplishment.  He's disputing the fact that he "re-built" the team.  And he has a point.  Brown's most effective stretch with the Clippers was actually the season before - the '92 season - where he came in and coached just under half the games and finished 23-12, taking the Clippers to a 47-35 mark.And I really don't think you can say a coach "re-built" a team that he took over half-way through a year.  You can say he IMPROVED them, which is obvious in this case, but not that he REBUILT them - especially when the team made no trades of consequence that year.

And, of course, it's the Clippers.  In Brown's case, it wouldn't be a RE-building as much as a BUILDING.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 07:59:53 AM by Joe Vancil »
Joe

-----------

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2010, 07:58:40 AM »

??? What does this thread have to do with back to back playoffs?   :-\

Greatest rebuilder of all time is Jerry West since no team in history has rebuilt and then won titles faster than the Lakers (Showtime to ShaKobe).  Can't give Bitch Cupcake or Popazit credit since they have had at least one cornerstone on all their title teams (Kobe/TD).  Dumars, Nellie, Ainge, and whoever runs the Suns are all way ahead of Larry Brown.  I don't consider Larry Brown a rebuilder, he's more of a "get the most out of what you have" type of guy.  He's almost as good as Nellie at making the best of the limited talent he's given.  IMO LB is probably one of, if not, THE greatest teaching coach I have ever seen.

Let's not forget to give West credit for Memphis, as well.  What's that team done sonce he left?  (Oh, right...traded Gasol for Kwame Brown and spare parts.  (Doesn't it make you just a little sick to see Kwame Brown separated from "spare parts" in a trade?))
Joe

-----------

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2010, 08:49:49 AM »
I would also argue that West never built the showtime Lakers.  The draft pick that resulted in Magic and the signing of Kareem were not West's moves.

But I will give him full credit for building the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and getting Memphis going in the right direction.

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2010, 10:23:38 AM »
I would also argue that West never built the showtime Lakers.  The draft pick that resulted in Magic and the signing of Kareem were not West's moves.

But I will give him full credit for building the Shaq/Kobe Lakers and getting Memphis going in the right direction.

True he did not make the key moves to get the players.  He did help shape the squad though.  I don't think that really counts are rebuilding as much as re-tooling.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2010, 12:40:41 PM »

Agreed but my point was he rebuilt the Lakers after the Showtime era faded into history into the ShaKobe Dynasty.  I knew right after I hit the "Post" button that my point was not clear but considering the thread I figured making a confusing point WAS the point of this thread.  ;D
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2010, 12:41:46 PM »
I knew right after I hit the "Post" button that my point was not clear but considering the thread I figured making a confusing point WAS the point of this thread.  ;D

LOL
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2010, 06:08:06 PM »
Reality I am still waiting for you to explain how the Clippers were better than the Suns that year.

I am not holding my breath so take your time, I'll wait.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2010, 06:56:22 PM »
Okay, breathe.
I will detail when i have time.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2010, 02:13:38 AM »
Okay, breathe.
I will detail when i have time.

Lame cop out.  You have plenty of time to reply in other threads and post bs.  If it was such a no brainer than the Clippers were better then you could have typed it up now.