Author Topic: Hey resident Jazz fans  (Read 1898 times)

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
Hey resident Jazz fans
« on: April 11, 2010, 09:29:46 AM »
Let's hear your take on your team this year.  After last year's fade down the stretch it is good to see them finish strong.  AK seems to be out of his pouting funk from last year.  Boozer and Millsap are healthy.  Everyone is hitting on all cylinders.  So what's the difference?
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hey resident Jazz fans
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 09:34:27 AM »
Let's hear your take on your team this year.  After last year's fade down the stretch it is good to see them finish strong.  AK seems to be out of his pouting funk from last year.  Boozer and Millsap are healthy.  Everyone is hitting on all cylinders.  So what's the difference?

I don't get to see them often enough but having the old AK47 back makes a huge difference.  Defensively they are a different team when he is active. 

Joe will have an excellent post about his squad so Ill just wait patiently for that.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 07:15:20 PM »

AK is not healthy, nor do I think he will be for the rest of the year.  DWill has not been as consistent as he SHOULD be because of his nagging injuries.  I think he has a bum ankle and a sprained wrist on his shooting hand.  Hopefully they are over their injuries but I'm not holding my breath.  I think Dallas is poised to shock the WC.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2010, 12:13:52 AM »
Kirilenko is out right now - or at least he hasn't been playing for a while (since March 26).  In fact, he's played a grand total of two games in the last month.

Okur isn't 100%.  Williams isn't quite right.  And the Miles/Matthews duo is interesting, but not in anyway intimidating.

Utah needs to win both of its games to get a home-court spot.  Losing especially the Phoenix game - the season finale - would be devastating.  And if they do get the home court, I don't see them going further than one round.

The team isn't exactly "right."  They had an incredible run for a stretch there, but they have some awful oddball tendency to give up easy shots to marginal players, and they're not the "closer" team that they need to be, especially with Kirilenko out and now, Brewer gone to Memphis for nothing of real value. 

My first take on the team is that, much like last year, they don't really have that killer instinct.  As Barkley said, it's not a good thing when you look at a team and say, "Their coach is tougher than their players."

Understand that I think Denver is a team of smoke and mirrors - but I do think they're tougher than the Jazz.  In fact, about the only WC playoff team I DON'T say that about is Phoenix.

It's a Jeckyll-and-Hyde team.  And in their case, Mr. Hyde is *UGLY*.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 11:25:55 AM »
I am certainly hoping for a Suns win tonight.  I would much prefer to pay the Suns than the Jazz in Round 1, regardless of all the Jazz injuries.  We are 2-6 last two years, 0-4 in SLC vs Utah, but we are 6-3 in our last 9.against Phoenix.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil