• MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Blair
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »
THAT'S IT!  THAT'S IT!  I've got the solution!

Dalem-Blair. 

Now while Reality is recycling his Oberto posts, I can recycle WayOut's posts.  I just have to change "Flabs" to "Dalem-Blair!"

Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2010, 10:47:28 AM »
^^ You'll end up eating crow just like you did with your OKCity prediction.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2010, 12:11:18 PM »
Not that RealFans will understand but true basketball fans will.

From 82games.com:

Here are 3 lineups with Blair playing with Duncan compared to McDyess playing with Duncan.  Obviously Pop-a-cement is clueless.

Unit                                                         Min   Off    Def   +/-     
1   Parker-Bogans-Jefferson-McDyess-Duncan 186.5  1.08  0.97  +39 
3   Parker-Bogans-Jefferson-Blair-Duncan        123.6   0.98 0.98    +0     

17   Parker-Ginobili-Bogans-Blair-Duncan           39.8  1.14  1.15    -1     
18   Parker-Ginobili-Bogans-McDyess-Duncan    39.4  1.21  0.98   +20   

4   Parker-Hill-Jefferson-McDyess-Duncan           69.0  1.10  0.81   +33   
20   Parker-Hill-Jefferson-Blair-Duncan                34.5  1.22  1.11    +1 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2010, 12:39:53 PM »
Interesting stats and while I'll admit I'm surprised, still does not change my stance one iota.
Blair started alongside Dunks for a 4-5 game stretch and the chemistry was fantastic.
McDyess gets the benefit of starting next to Dunks continually.  Popovich is notoriously owned in the 3rd qtr as adjustments are made at halftime and he is inept.

Put up the stats of pretty boy Bonner with his +/- and trey shooting percentage (that you and Joe love to post so much to justify the Spurs turning into pansy Suns ball), and the stats will look great.  Now look at the reality of the situation in big games, most notably the playoffs.  -Poof- there goes your pretty boy Bonner stats.

Stats like "opposing guards decided not to drive since the paint was defended" or "opponents big man boxed out (by Blair) so another Spur could get the rebound" (happens all the time when Grizzly is in) are not recorded.

If McDyess is assertive and hitting his jumpers, I'm fine with McD in.  He's been a slug for much of the time.
Still NO reason to bench the Grizzly.  Who is actually very mobile on O.

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2010, 01:04:16 PM »
^^ You'll end up eating crow just like you did with your OKCity prediction.

...or like you did with your San Antonio prediction.
Joe

-----------

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2010, 01:16:01 PM »
I think at this part of the season if you can have a person fill Duncan's spot in the post and Duncan can REST that is GREAT.  How can you call this guy the second coming and at the same time make it seem like he shouldn't be giving Duncan a rest?

And please don't respond with an argument talking about playoff position.  The reason they are jockeying is because of injuries to key players not because Popavich won't play LegionBlair with Duncan in the war to avoid the Lakers in the first round.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2010, 01:19:07 PM »
What, that OKC would have a better record then the PopoSpurs?  We'll know in 2 weeks.  I like my chances, OKC and Durant spanking the Celtics last night.

As to the Spurs making the playoffs, already stated thanks to Yao and Chris Paul being out and the Memphis Lakers collapse, it looks like Popovich will squeak in.
Nothing would make me happier then Popvich getting some non life threatening disease that would keep him out of the playoffs.  Grizzly and company may well then roll the Lakers.  In fact i hope the Spurs end up at #8 so we get to see a 1st round Lakers-Spurs matchup.

Your gaff of OKC being a disaster was wayy huger.  In basketball terms you just went up for what you thought was an easy position rebound next to Skandery and then as you went to put your hands on the ball -BOOM ZOOM- the Grizzly snatched it from your paws!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2010, 01:54:56 PM »
What, that OKC would have a better record then the PopoSpurs?  We'll know in 2 weeks.  I like my chances, OKC and Durant spanking the Celtics last night.

As to the Spurs making the playoffs, already stated thanks to Yao and Chris Paul being out and the Memphis Lakers collapse, it looks like Popovich will squeak in.
Nothing would make me happier then Popvich getting some non life threatening disease that would keep him out of the playoffs.  Grizzly and company may well then roll the Lakers.  In fact i hope the Spurs end up at #8 so we get to see a 1st round Lakers-Spurs matchup.

Your gaff of OKC being a disaster was wayy huger.  In basketball terms you just went up for what you thought was an easy position rebound next to Skandery and then as you went to put your hands on the ball -BOOM ZOOM- the Grizzly snatched it from your paws!

It must be great having selective memory.  Just pick and choose what pops up.  I guess the Thunder won't benefit from Tony Parker , a finals MVP and key player behind Duncan, being out *IF* they finish with a better record than the Spurs?

Let's just quote this now, the key to the Spurs beating the defending champions is Popavich not being around to coach.  Great analysis. 
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2010, 02:52:01 PM »

That San Antonio wasn't a playoff team.  Come on - you said that more recently than I said the Thunder weren't a playoff team.  Later on, I say I'm wrong about the Thunder not being a playoff team, but I don't think they get to 50.  Now it looks like they probably will.

You want to hold me accountable for the early-season prediction?  I want to hold you accountable for the same one you made.

And for the Parker thing that 'koast just replied to you with --  what he said.

And there is no such thing as an easy rebound next to Skander.  He's taller, can jump higher, blocks out well, and isn't opposed to jumping over people's backs.  And he takes rebounding VERY seriously, whereas I'm a typical point guard (and not the Jason Kidd-type-rebounding variety).
Joe

-----------

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2010, 11:40:06 PM »
It is actually even simpler than that koast.   Blair takes up the same lane space as Duncan.  THAT is why Pop uses either McDyess (who can hit the 17-18 footer) and Bonner (who shoots 40% from the arc) to play along side Duncan.  But then even many knowledgable youth camp participants could figure that out.

One thing I have noticed about Blair is that he has not developed the ability to create enough space for him to get his shot off over taller players.  Guys like Larry Johnson, Barkley, Malik Rose, Wayman Tisdale, etc... had the ability to get there shot off over bigger players in the league.  Every game I've watched Blair play in he has gotten his shot blocked by an average defender just cause the guy was tall.  Blair does not seem to create contact and get his defender off balance, he needs to develop that skill because he is not an athletic leaper like Barkely and young Larry.  Don't know if Blairs knees will hold up if he becomes more physical to make up for his lack of height.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2010, 10:02:52 AM »
It is actually even simpler than that koast.   Blair takes up the same lane space as Duncan.  THAT is why Pop uses either McDyess (who can hit the 17-18 footer) and Bonner (who shoots 40% from the arc) to play along side Duncan.  But then even many knowledgable youth camp participants could figure that out.

One thing I have noticed about Blair is that he has not developed the ability to create enough space for him to get his shot off over taller players.  Guys like Larry Johnson, Barkley, Malik Rose, Wayman Tisdale, etc... had the ability to get there shot off over bigger players in the league.  Every game I've watched Blair play in he has gotten his shot blocked by an average defender just cause the guy was tall.  Blair does not seem to create contact and get his defender off balance, he needs to develop that skill because he is not an athletic leaper like Barkely and young Larry.  Don't know if Blairs knees will hold up if he becomes more physical to make up for his lack of height.

Many of those blocks is when Blair gets the offensive board and is to deep inside.  He has gotten better as the season goes by.  He has amazing hands and really good footwork.  He has improved his FT shooting tremendously...shooting under 50% for the first half season but has shot 60% over the last 2 months.  And he has been working with the Spurs shooting coach on his jumper.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2010, 10:39:34 AM »

You want to hold me accountable for the early-season prediction?  I want to hold you accountable for the same one you made.
1. on March 24th: 
^^ yeah.  I picked OKC in and Spurs out.
I believe i am the only one to pick the Spurs, make that Popovich out.

2.  Above in this very thread:  "As to the Spurs making the playoffs, already stated thanks to Yao and Chris Paul being out and the Memphis Lakers collapse, it looks like Popovich will squeak in."

Would you like a 3rd time?  This is kinda the 3rd time.  I could also make a new thread about it.

And for the Parker thing that 'koast just replied to you with --  what he said.
Portland was up to 280 games missed by injured player -two weeks ago!  You tried spinning that as "Parker being out is worse then Oden-Pryz being out."  Please.
When i posted on zigs thread about the Spurs not making it, the date was Jan 24th.  They were 2 1/2 games behind Dallas.  You posted your 2010 doomsday prediction for OKCity in 2009, true.  How did they get any worse since then?  :D  Injuries?  No.

And there is no such thing as an easy rebound next to Skander.  He's taller, can jump higher, blocks out well, and isn't opposed to jumping over people's backs.  And he takes rebounding VERY seriously, whereas I'm a typical point guard (and not the Jason Kidd-type-rebounding variety).
Skandery knows better then to challenge the Grizzly.  You learned.

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2010, 12:21:48 PM »
^^ excuse me Joe i should have said "How did OKCity get so much better since then.  It's not like they had a Gasol for Kwame scam colluded their way.  Instead natural progression of talented young players."

Forseen by the Realitymeister.  ;)

Offline Joe Vancil

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2010, 10:00:31 PM »
And that HORRID Spurs team that you "foresaw," *MUCH*, much later in the season?  How did they do today?

Won against the Lakers.  Oh.  Must have been at home.  No?  Oh, then a great game by Dalem-Blair?  2 points, 1 rebound in less than 10 minutes?  Oh.  Must have been a great game from Tony Parker, huh?  What do you mean, he's out?  So who was it.  Ginobili?  The guy who *I* said just a couple of weeks ago should be starting, but you argued was better coming off the bench, because that's where he's comfortable?

And *YOU'RE* the Spurs fan?

So - once again - how is it that you picked this team *OUT* of the playoffs...EVER?
Joe

-----------

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2010, 07:27:00 AM »

So - once again - how is it that you picked this team *OUT* of the playoffs...EVER?

It's the coach, Joe.  If Del Harris was the coach the Spurs would be challenging the Bulls' 72 game win total.
-Moody Blues