Author Topic: Ant Jamison to Cavs. Stoudamire?  (Read 7169 times)

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
Ant Jamison to Cavs. Stoudamire?
« on: February 17, 2010, 08:23:13 PM »
Does this push Cleveland into a sure fire Finals?  I don't think so.  Who spells Snaq now?
Can't believe Cavs would not give up JJ Hickson and Z for Stoudamire.  That to me was auto-Finals.

Where does Stoudamire now go, if anywhere?
Will Phx take Dick for Stoudamire?  :P  (Dick Jefferson, Spurs bust)

What exactly did the Clips give up and get in this deal?

Cavs get
Ant Jamison
Sebastian Telfair.

WA gets
Z
Al Thorton
1st round draft pick from Cleveland

Clippers get
Drew Gooden
and?

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
Re: Ant Jamison to Cavs. Stoudamire?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 10:50:52 PM »
I think you'll see Varejao playing time at center.  Figure on Powe being back soon, and landing Jamison, Cleveland will go with Jamison at the 4 spot.  And there's always the possibility that Ilgauskus will be bought out, and return to Cleveland.  After all, it's not like Washington wants Ilgauskus, and it's likely that him being dropped will be a wink-wink part of the deal.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 02:27:56 AM »
In my opinion seeing Stoudamire with Lebron would have been brutal.  That is a pair of players I really feel could do some damage together.  Not quite sure why they pulled the trigger on Jamison over him.  Apparently they were very high on Jamison and wanted to make this deal before Amare.  I am leaning towards money being the reason, I don't see what else it would be.  Everything Jamison can do, Amare can do, save shooting a 3.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline Joe Vancil

• ICQ Messenger - 236778608
    • MSN Messenger - joev5638@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - GenghisThePBear
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - joev5638
    • View Profile
    • http://www.joev.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 07:58:30 AM »
It's the "except shoot the three" part, since that gives Shaq extra space to work in..  Also, Jamison has proven he can co-exist with other stars and be a poisitve influence in the locker room, whereas Stoudemire has proven to be a guy looking for alpha-dog status.  And the last Shaq/Stoudemire experience ended disappointingly.

I think Cleveland made the better immediate choice.  Not sure about the long-term one.
Joe

-----------
Support your right to keep and arm bears!
Club (baby) seals, not sandwiches!

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 09:55:58 AM »
Amare's approach to defense (or non approach?) would drive the Cavs coaching staff nuts.  Also take away Nash and how good is Stoudamire really?  Can he create his own shot?  Won't running the pick & roll with LBJ just clog the lane when Amare dives to the hoop?

Jamison is a much better fit.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline Wolverine

• AOL Instant Messenger - CardsMizzou
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2010, 11:42:39 AM »
Amare's approach to defense (or non approach?) would drive the Cavs coaching staff nuts.

That's the first thing that popped into my head.  Mike Brown would blow a gasket trying to get Amar'e to play defense.
This message was brought to you by Diet Dr. Pepper.  It tastes more like regular Dr. Pepper.

Cards' 2010 regular season record: 50-41

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2010, 11:48:26 AM »
Amare's approach to defense (or non approach?) would drive the Cavs coaching staff nuts.

That's the first thing that popped into my head.  Mike Brown would blow a gasket trying to get Amar'e to play defense.
OTOH, what would Phil Jackson do with the same lineup? 
Brown being a Popavich clone.  ::) 

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2010, 11:51:31 AM »

Amare makes Jamison look like a defense stalwart. 

Offline Reality

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 11:57:38 AM »
Yeah but you can't teach height.
Amare and the Suns were giving the Spurs a good run for their money before the bonehead off the bench suspensions.

Amare with a frontline of Sideshow Bob and LeBron with Snaq and JJ Hickson in relief.  That's potential.

Alas, we'll see how they do with Jamison.  I like Jamisons game.

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2010, 01:38:30 PM »
In my opinion seeing Stoudamire with Lebron would have been brutal.  That is a pair of players I really feel could do some damage together.  Not quite sure why they pulled the trigger on Jamison over him.  Apparently they were very high on Jamison and wanted to make this deal before Amare.  I am leaning towards money being the reason, I don't see what else it would be.  Everything Jamison can do, Amare can do, save shooting a 3.

I like Jamison much better than Amare.  Amare has many good qualities, but he also also some very substantial holes.  He is a much better compliment to LeBron than Amare is.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 04:41:38 PM »
It's the "except shoot the three" part, since that gives Shaq extra space to work in..  Also, Jamison has proven he can co-exist with other stars and be a poisitve influence in the locker room, whereas Stoudemire has proven to be a guy looking for alpha-dog status.  And the last Shaq/Stoudemire experience ended disappointingly.

I think Cleveland made the better immediate choice.  Not sure about the long-term one.

Yea I guess if you have the 'All In' approach this year.  I was thinking more long term.  I don't see Lebron leaving Cleveland and having a young, mobile big man who has improved his face up game would be a nice addition.  Jamison has a nice jumper and that funny looking floater but he's no Amare.

I like Jamison much better than Amare.  Amare has many good qualities, but he also also some very substantial holes.  He is a much better compliment to LeBron than Amare is.

He is a much better rebounder and much more explosive around the rim though.  Lebron and Amare pick n roll would be tough against teams like Orlando and Boston.

I like Jamison though.  I can see him being picked over Amare also because of his speed.  Amare would not be able to guard Rashard Lewis if his life depended on it.  The Cavs never addressed the matchup problem with  Rashard Lewis in the off season.  Only the mismatch with  Dwight Howard/KG by bringing out Shaq.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 04:45:07 PM by westkoast »

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2010, 09:07:55 AM »
I think the trade helps Cleveland dramatically. Jamison gives them inside scoring to compliment LeBron's all around game. And it strengthens them inside with regard to defense and rebounding.  The Celtics look old, right now Orlando is more of a threat, and this move should get them into the finals, and also keep LeBron in Cleveland.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 04:01:12 PM »
Didn't seem to make a difference today.

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2010, 10:30:46 AM »

I watched the Orlando/Cleveland game with much interest yesterday.  Jamison looked good when he was playing, and when he got into foul trouble was when Orlando was able to come back.  That game was decided in the final few minutes when Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter played a two-man game and broke Cleveland's defense.

If Jamison was able to be on the court, Carter wouldn't have been able to score so easily.  I think it will take Cleveland a while to work out the kinks, but I think it will work for them very well, eventually.  It's Cleveland's guards that are the problem.

Besides, Orlando has a lot of talent and they were the team that got to the finals. I didn't like the trade with Hedo and VC being swapped, but watching Vince score yesterday in crunch time showed what he brings to the Magic. It's not like Cleveland lost to a bad team, they just weren't ready for that test. Orlando has been trying to figure out how to use Vince from the beginning of the season and work Jameer back into the line-up. They don't pass the ball as well as they did last season, but they have better individual scorers.

After Cleveland has Jamison for a while, thing will get better for them.  It's a big adjustment adding a 20 point scorer.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2010, 10:50:32 AM »

I watched the Orlando/Cleveland game with much interest yesterday.  Jamison looked good when he was playing, and when he got into foul trouble was when Orlando was able to come back.  That game was decided in the final few minutes when Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter played a two-man game and broke Cleveland's defense.

If Jamison was able to be on the court, Carter wouldn't have been able to score so easily.  I think it will take Cleveland a while to work out the kinks, but I think it will work for them very well, eventually.  It's Cleveland's guards that are the problem.

Besides, Orlando has a lot of talent and they were the team that got to the finals. I didn't like the trade with Hedo and VC being swapped, but watching Vince score yesterday in crunch time showed what he brings to the Magic. It's not like Cleveland lost to a bad team, they just weren't ready for that test. Orlando has been trying to figure out how to use Vince from the beginning of the season and work Jameer back into the line-up. They don't pass the ball as well as they did last season, but they have better individual scorers.

After Cleveland has Jamison for a while, thing will get better for them.  It's a big adjustment adding a 20 point scorer.

Jamison would not be chasing around Vince Carter, he would be chasing around Rashard Lewis.  That is why they got Jamison.  Not to try to defend Vince Carter.