Author Topic: Oden  (Read 7687 times)

Offline ziggy

• Yahoo Instant Messenger - ziggythebeagle
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Oden
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2009, 02:28:31 PM »
Marc Gasol and NBA analysts around the league don't agree he's a carot lol

How would I approach Memphis?  I'd ignore them.  They are great at beating themselves.

Actually Marc is the 4 carrots.  Kwame was a spoonful of Grape Nuts.
A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

jemagee

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 04:40:49 PM »
Didn't memphis keep miles on the roster long enough to screw portland over money wise?  I can't remember how that worked out

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2009, 05:37:07 PM »
Didn't memphis keep miles on the roster long enough to screw portland over money wise?  I can't remember how that worked out

Yes they did.

And anything that involves Darius Miles ends up bad so.....
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2009, 02:27:26 PM »
Marc Gasol and NBA analysts around the league don't agree he's a carot lol

How would I approach Memphis?  I'd ignore them.  They are great at beating themselves.

Actually Marc is the 4 carrots.  Kwame was a spoonful of Grape Nuts.

Lakers Blog
Round-the-Clock Purple and Gold
written by the Kamenetzky brothers.

Gregg Popovich on the Pau Gasol deal
December 13, 2009 |  7:21 pm

We had a fun exchange with Gregg Popovich tonight at Staples ahead of San Antonio's tussle with the Clippers (yes, we do attend LAC games from time to time), when the subject of the Pau Gasol trade came up. "You mean the one where I fainted?" he asked with a smile.

Pop, no surprise, still sees that deal as a watershed. "Pau Gasol changed the landscape of basketball in the NBA, as far as the west is concerned, and championship caliber basketball. He's a great player, perhaps the most versatile big man in the league right now, and it makes them really, really good."

Andy then asked him if the development of Pau's lil' bro in Memphis makes the deal perhaps a little less lopsided. Marc has, after all, become a very good NBA player down in Memphis, and is still very early in his career. Maybe, just maybe, it was a more equitable swap than he originally thought?

"Please," he said with a sarcastic eye roll. "Please."

From his perspective, it doesn't really matter how good Marc becomes, since he's concerned about winning titles, not the rebuilding effort in Memphis. Thus anything that creates a dominant team in LA will seem disproportional. But it does drive home how Pau's presence turned an already quality Lakers team into something truly feared around the league. It's hard to think of another deal that, as Popovich says, "changed the landscape... in the NBA." Not just because of what it did for the Lakers, but how it affected the way other teams operated around them, their moves, and so on.

BK

A third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority. A second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority. A first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking.

A quotation is a handy thing to have about, saving one the trouble of thinking for oneself.

AA Mil

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 03:08:53 PM »
It's not that hard to think of a player moving out West that changed the landscape.  In fact you don't have to look much farther than the last time a Lakers landed a big man by the name of Shaq.

I've yet to see the point in even comparing Pau Gasol and Marc Gasol right now but hay, I guess when you are in a pinch and need something to talk about with Pop  :D
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2009, 12:24:54 AM »
Nic Batum is out until mid-March
Travis Outlaw done for the season
Oden done for the season
Rudy Fernandez out 4-6 week with back surgery
Jeff Pendegraph out until Feb with Shoulder surgery
Paddy Mills out until Feb with foot surgery

that leaves 9 players until mid to late January
Back up center is Juwan Howard
Back up F is Dante Cunningham
and two back up PG Bayless and Andre Miller
It is going to be a long season.  If some thing happens to Przybilla then Mills has to be released and we have to go searching for a big guy, if we don't go searching immediately.

Well Joel Przybilla went down with a ruptured Patella tendon, and is out indefinitely, probably rest of the year.  Brandon Roy hurt his shoulder and is day-to-day.  We did get Jeff Pendegraph back, and Paddy Mills is now able to practice.  Our center is now Juwan Howard, and Pendegraph is the back up.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2009, 01:35:39 AM »
Well Joel Przybilla went down with a ruptured Patella tendon, and is out indefinitely, probably rest of the year.  Brandon Roy hurt his shoulder and is day-to-day.  We did get Jeff Pendegraph back, and Paddy Mills is now able to practice.  Our center is now Juwan Howard, and Pendegraph is the back up.

Ouch!
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2009, 07:36:29 AM »

wow.  that's rough, ziggy.  there was so much promise for your team going into this season.

although with the Blazers/Spurs playing tonight I may not feel too much sympathy right now.   ;)
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline jn

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: December 23, 2009, 09:46:45 AM »
It is simply not safe to play center for the Blazers.
"My only regret in life is that I did not drink more champagne."  -John Maynard Keynes

Offline Derek Bodner

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - dbodner22
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - dabodz
    • View Profile
    • http://www.phillyarena.com
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: December 23, 2009, 10:28:41 AM »
We'll give you dalembert.  He's only got 15 months left on his contract.

jemagee

« Reply #25 on: December 23, 2009, 10:32:38 AM »
We'll give you dalembert.  He's only got 15 months left on his contract.

You know who the sixers would end up with if they discussed such a deal right.

I mean what free agent signing is everyone saying is terrible?:)

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2009, 01:31:51 AM »
Well now it is LaMarcus.  Hey Pendegraph did get 14 rebounds in his place, and we resigned Shavlik Randolph, who I actually like.

Aldridge sprains ankle. Blazers 103, Clippers 99
By The Associated Press
December 30, 2009, 10:02PM

Brandon Roy had 25 points, seven rebounds and six assists, and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Los Angeles Clippers 103-99 Wednesday night despite losing LaMarcus Aldridge to an ankle injury.

Martell Webster added 15 points, Jerryd Bayless had 14 and rookie Jeff Pendergraph had eight points and 14 rebounds for the Blazers, who have won four in a row and seven of eight against the Clippers.

Chris Kaman had 25 points and nine rebounds for the Clippers, and Eric Gordon added 24 points. Rasual Butler scored 15 and Baron Davis had 12 points and 11 assists but shot just 2-of-15. The Clippers have lost three of four.

The short-handed Blazers were dealt another setback when Aldridge sprained his left ankle early in the first quarter and missed the rest of the game.   

Aldridge leaves Clippers game with left ankle sprain, but doesn't appear serious
By Jason Quick, The Oregonian
December 30, 2009, 8:27PM
The Trail Blazers long list of injuries just got longer.

Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge sprained his left ankle and had to leave the game with 5:40 left in the first quarter of Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers.

The team said he is doubtful to return for tonight's game, which the Blazers lead 57-48. However, a source inside the team said the injury does not appear serious, and that the hope is Aldridge can play Saturday against Golden State at the Rose Garden.

Aldridge suffered the injury while making a layin with 6:00 left, apparently rolling the ankle over.

As the Blazers entered the locker room at halftime, Aldridge was sprawled on the training table with his shoe off while Greg Oden stood over him, leaning on crutches.

AA Mil

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2009, 02:07:39 AM »
Well now it is LaMarcus.  Hey Pendegraph did get 14 rebounds in his place, and we resigned Shavlik Randolph, who I actually like.

Aldridge sprains ankle. Blazers 103, Clippers 99
By The Associated Press
December 30, 2009, 10:02PM

Brandon Roy had 25 points, seven rebounds and six assists, and the Portland Trail Blazers beat the Los Angeles Clippers 103-99 Wednesday night despite losing LaMarcus Aldridge to an ankle injury.

Martell Webster added 15 points, Jerryd Bayless had 14 and rookie Jeff Pendergraph had eight points and 14 rebounds for the Blazers, who have won four in a row and seven of eight against the Clippers.

Chris Kaman had 25 points and nine rebounds for the Clippers, and Eric Gordon added 24 points. Rasual Butler scored 15 and Baron Davis had 12 points and 11 assists but shot just 2-of-15. The Clippers have lost three of four.

The short-handed Blazers were dealt another setback when Aldridge sprained his left ankle early in the first quarter and missed the rest of the game.   

Aldridge leaves Clippers game with left ankle sprain, but doesn't appear serious
By Jason Quick, The Oregonian
December 30, 2009, 8:27PM
The Trail Blazers long list of injuries just got longer.

Star forward LaMarcus Aldridge sprained his left ankle and had to leave the game with 5:40 left in the first quarter of Wednesday's game against the Los Angeles Clippers.

The team said he is doubtful to return for tonight's game, which the Blazers lead 57-48. However, a source inside the team said the injury does not appear serious, and that the hope is Aldridge can play Saturday against Golden State at the Rose Garden.

Aldridge suffered the injury while making a layin with 6:00 left, apparently rolling the ankle over.

As the Blazers entered the locker room at halftime, Aldridge was sprawled on the training table with his shoe off while Greg Oden stood over him, leaning on crutches.

The truely sad thing is he's on MY Fantasy team!  >:(  I guess being a big man on the Blazers is a curse.
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2010, 02:22:59 AM »
It just never ends

From HoopsHype

Brian T. Smith: Update: #Blazers' Aldridge walked with a crutch and boot Thursday. He was out of the boot today, but could possibly miss more than one game. Twitter.com

Portland Trail Blazers guard Steve Blake has been hospitalized with pneumonia, the team said Friday. Blake, who was admitted to a local-area hospital, is expected to miss at least a few days and is out indefinitely. The 6-foot-3, 172-pound Blake is averaging 7.6 points, 3.6 assists and 2.4 rebounds in 34 games (25) starts for the Blazers this season. Columbian

AA Mil

Offline ziggy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2010, 07:57:46 PM »
The more things change the more they stay the same.

Roy has missed 3 of the last 4 and will miss 4 more at least.
Jerryd Bayless now has a sprained ankle and will miss tonight at least
Looks like Juwan Howard is out tonight as well.

That leaves us with
Andre Miller
Steve Blake
Rudy Fernandez
Martell Webster
LaMarcus Aldridge
Jeff Pendagraph
Dante' Cunningham
Patty Mills (if he is able to make the flight connections from the NBDL)

Nick Batum will be available early next week.

AA Mil