Author Topic: Sixers and Iverson had a talk today.  (Read 7250 times)

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
Sixers and Iverson had a talk today.
« on: November 30, 2009, 05:55:51 PM »
Assuming AI said the right things about what happens when Lou Williams comes back, expect him to be signed. Let's see how he does when he has post players he can pass to.  I can't wait!

jemagee

Re: Sixers and Iverson had a talk today.
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 05:58:10 PM »
Ugh, back DNP_beria Jrue Holiday

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2009, 07:52:02 PM »
Jrue will get the same minutes he would get behind Lou Williams.  No difference to anyone except Ivey and Green.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2009, 08:16:45 PM »
Captain Loser to the rescue?  ::)
"History shouldn't be a mystery"
"Our story is real history"
"Not his story"

"My people's culture was strong, it was pure"
"And if not for that white greed"
"It would've endured"

"Laker hate causes blindness"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2009, 08:26:21 PM »
If the Lakers want to be assured of a title this season, they should have signed Iverson themselves.  Go ahead, tell me Fisher is better! ::)

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2009, 09:28:20 PM »
If the Lakers want to be assured of a title this season, they should have signed Iverson themselves.  Go ahead, tell me Fisher is better! ::)

What do the Lakers have to do with the pathetic Sixers signing a thug-life LOOSER like Cryverson?
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 07:34:29 AM »
Assuming AI said the right things about what happens when Lou Williams comes back, expect him to be signed. Let's see how he does when he has post players he can pass to.  I can't wait!

Gasol is a better post player than anyone on the Sixers. 

Detroit last season had better post players than the Sixers.

Iverson has become a cancer.  He still thinks he is the superstar that the rest of the team should revolve around.  He will destroy any progress that Sixer fans are hoping the young guys might make.  He will take shots away from Iggy and Young.
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 10:43:06 AM »

Fisher is better....for the system and chemistry that the Lakers have.  I don't think that is debatable.
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com

jemagee

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:03:48 AM »

Fisher is better....for the system and chemistry that the Lakers have.  I don't think that is debatable.

Rick Does

I don't get this whole Iverson is going to make any team better thing, who has he made better, the 2001 sixers had one guy who played offense and a bunch of guys who played defense and didn't care so much about scoring, they were a unique team and rules changes since then probably mean that 2001 team might not get as far today as it did then.  The 'value' of Iverson is greatly over rated in general I believe and others smarter than me have shown.

Marc Stein reports that if the sixers do sign Iverson they've already targeted Mondays home game as his first game.

Offline Lurker

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »

My thoughts exactly.  Besides they already added one head case to the team this year; why add another? 
It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.  Keep on thinking free.
-Moody Blues

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 02:19:08 PM »

My thoughts exactly.  Besides they already added one head case to the team this year; why add another? 

Correction Lurker, the Lakers added THE head case.  Lakers always go for the best!
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2009, 03:19:09 PM »
Iverson simply gives team's another viable scoring option, and a couple of steals and assists. He's a good enough all-around player to not hurt you on defense, and more than make up for his short-comings on offense.

For a team like the Lakers, that is already complete he just improves their depth at the very least.  But because he can be a prolific scorer who can take over a game, he give the Lakers two players who can do that. You can't control Iverson without doubling him, and you can't control Kobe without doubling him. You can attack from both sides of the court and make it impossible for teams to effectively cover both without creating a wide-open shot for the other players.

I think he would make the Lakers offense unstoppable, even more than it already is.

But the Sixers need him a lot more, and if they sign him, I'll be very pleased. He would have been redundant here if Lou Williams could play, but with a broken jaw, it will be a while. He's still a more explosive scorer, however, and should be able to finally complete the Sixers orginal master plan. That plan was to pair Iverson with a reliable inside scorer. I say they now have two of them with Speights and Brand. It's a little late in Allen's career but it could work. Sixers have plenty of scoring options now, so they don't need 30 from him every night.

My point is that a lot of teams would be better of with Iverson, but they have to want to upgrade their play at their guard spot and be committed to it. He is pointless to have if you don't want to play him, and it seemed to me both in Detroit and Memphis the coaches didn't want him. That isn't Iverson's fault. It's stupid to think he can't produce any longer if he isn't given the opportunity. It's insulting to think he should be a back-up guard in the NBA, until his play shows that is all he's capable of. At the price he was forced to sign, any team in the league could pick him up. For what he gives in return, why would any GM not sign him? He doesn't make sense on a young team that isn't ready to contend. He makes sense on a team that is ready now and needs more scoring. He's be great in San Antonio with Popovich, and might even be willing to come off the bench there.

Offline WayOutWest

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2009, 03:25:28 PM »
Iverson simply gives team's another viable scoring option, and a couple of steals and assists. He's a good enough all-around player to not hurt you on defense, and more than make up for his short-comings on offense.

For a team like the Lakers, that is already complete he just improves their depth at the very least.  But because he can be a prolific scorer who can take over a game, he give the Lakers two players who can do that. You can't control Iverson without doubling him, and you can't control Kobe without doubling him. You can attack from both sides of the court and make it impossible for teams to effectively cover both without creating a wide-open shot for the other players.

I think he would make the Lakers offense unstoppable, even more than it already is.

But the Sixers need him a lot more, and if they sign him, I'll be very pleased. He would have been redundant here if Lou Williams could play, but with a broken jaw, it will be a while. He's still a more explosive scorer, however, and should be able to finally complete the Sixers orginal master plan. That plan was to pair Iverson with a reliable inside scorer. I say they now have two of them with Speights and Brand. It's a little late in Allen's career but it could work. Sixers have plenty of scoring options now, so they don't need 30 from him every night.

My point is that a lot of teams would be better of with Iverson, but they have to want to upgrade their play at their guard spot and be committed to it. He is pointless to have if you don't want to play him, and it seemed to me both in Detroit and Memphis the coaches didn't want him. That isn't Iverson's fault. It's stupid to think he can't produce any longer if he isn't given the opportunity. It's insulting to think he should be a back-up guard in the NBA, until his play shows that is all he's capable of. At the price he was forced to sign, any team in the league could pick him up. For what he gives in return, why would any GM not sign him? He doesn't make sense on a young team that isn't ready to contend. He makes sense on a team that is ready now and needs more scoring. He's be great in San Antonio with Popovich, and might even be willing to come off the bench there.

AI is a USELESS cancer!!!  The Lakers would be 100X worse with him on the squad.  The Lakers don't need a selfish ball hog player who's over the hill. 

Why is it that no contendor has made AI an offer rick? 
"Not his story"

"It would've endured"

Offline rickortreat

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2009, 03:40:16 PM »
Because they are dumb.

Offline westkoast

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2009, 05:49:49 PM »
Rick the Lakers are not hurting in the scoring department or in the depth department.  They have a pretty deep team already and between Kobe/Gasol/Bynum/Artest they have plenty of people who can score both inside and out.  I don't see how plugging him in does anything except move the Lakers towards an 'all-hood' starting 5.  Might as well ship off Kobe for Stephen Jackson and Fisher for Telfair!
http://I-Really-Shouldn't-Put-A-Link-To-A-Blog-I-Dont-Even-Update.com